How would you do this? HANK scene controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you do this? HANK scene controller

I have recently acquired a Hank Z-Wave scene controller (HKZW-SCN04).
    Including it to HomeSeer was a breeze and I now have a Root device with two linked devices:
    • Battery
    • Central Scene, a Status Only device with pre-defined status images x000 - key pressed; x001 - key released; x002 - key held down Where x is the number of the button (1..4)

The controller supports the following actions:
    Short
    • Press
    • Held down
    • Release

I have two challenges that I am curious about how others solve this:

1. Repeatedly press the same button
    The device Central Scene shows the last button pressed and changes if another button is pressed. If the same button is pressed it will not change.

I want to fire an event every time a button is pressed , regardless if it is the same button all the time. In its current setup this does not work because the status does not change with repeated presses of the same button.

I believe that the solution can be found in adding a new status to the button (eg. Idle) and as a last action in the event set the device to idle. However the device does not let me set anything most likely because it is Status Only. I can however not change this.

Any ideas how I can configure this?

2. Hold a button and dim up-down
    If a button is pressed and hold the status will change to Held down and when released it will change to Release

How can I slowly dim a device Up to 100% and than Down to 0% when the status is Held down and stop dimming when it is set to Release?

As always, your bright and smart ideas are highly appreciated!

did you ever get this working?

Comment

This comes up from time to time, for question one, the answer is to use the event trigger "This device had it's value set to..."

It's further down the list of device value event triggers, and is different to "A device's value changes and becomes...", which is the first presented option.

Using the correct trigger means the event will always fire each time the button is pressed, even if the value isn't changing. The central scene device still pushes it's status on each button press so there is a capturable trigger there.

For question two, I've been wondering this myself. Best I can think is to write a script, something like:

If a device's value is set to Hank Button 1 held down.
      Then Run a script: Dimming

Script would contain something like:

$Level = (Get-DeviceDimLevel -name Light).value

While {Hank Button Button 1 = "Held Down"} Then (
      $Level = $Level + 1
      Set-DeviceDimLevel -name Light -NewLevel $Level
      Wait 30ms
      )

Of course the actual scripting language looks nothing like this, this is for concept only. I'm just a windows sysadmin and don't know the HS scripting at all, hence why I haven't written this for real yet.

Comment

Working...
      X