Simple WD-100+ dimmer light question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple WD-100+ dimmer light question

Hi - I purchased 1 WD-100+ Homeseer switch. It works great, but I noticed that it adds three items (as it says it will do in the instructions) into homeseer. The central scene, the multi-level switch, and the device.

When I add the switch using Z-tool+, the name I type in is only applied to the "other device".

What does that mean if I buy a bunch of these? Am I going to end up with a bunch of devices called Central Scene and Switch Multi-Level?

I must be missing something....?

yes, every switch will create three devices. Only one will have the name you supplied, you'll need to edit the names manually. Personally I name each of the three using a common naming scheme:

<light name> parent
    <light name> central scene
    <light name>

The central scene is used for events with double and triple taps
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Thanks - but what happens if I bulk add from ztool? Will I be able to tell the difference?

Also two other questions:

1) is there an easy way to make a single tap of the bottom turn the light off immediately instead of a slow dim?

2) looks like none of the three devices was added to imperihome when imperihome auto imported things. Is that a known limitation? Seems odd.

Thanks much for the quick replies.

Comment

On the dim question you go into the zwave tab of the "status" device and click settings. You can adjust the dim ramp rate for local control and remote control. Remote control is when HS does it, local is when you are at the switch.

Be careful the faster you ramp it up locally the less control you have over fine tune the dim at the switch.

Also don't create a high "step" increment in the dim ramp settings. If the dim the light is at plus the ramp rate is higher than 98 it won't increase the dim. For example if you set the ramp rate at 40 and the dim is currently at 60 it won't increase it from 60. At least that used to be the behavior.

Personally i do 1 and 1, which is 1% every 10ms, so it takes one second to ramp up and down. If you do step 6, interval 1 (6 every 10ms) it pretty much appears the light turns on instantly. If you do this you pretty much can't control the dim at the light very easily.

I think most people struggle with this when they first install the smart dimmers. You actually get used to it fairly quickly, even the wife will get used to it. Although she probably will probably ask why this is better than a normal dimmer of a few weeks. ;-)

Comment

Thanks much - 1 and 1 is better.

Others - would love thoughts on the switch questions. Summarizing:
          1. If I use z-tool+, are't I going to get a ton of central scene and switch multi-level? How will I de dupe if I add a lot at once?
          2. looks like none of the three devices was added to imperihome when imperihome auto imported things. Is that a known limitation? Seems odd.
          3. How do I use these with Alexa? Does this mean if I want to control onne of the lights I'm going to have to say "dim <light name> central scene"?

Comment

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
            Thanks much - 1 and 1 is better.

Others - would love thoughts on the switch questions. Summarizing:
            1. If I use z-tool+, are't I going to get a ton of central scene and switch multi-level? How will I de dupe if I add a lot at once?
            2. looks like none of the three devices was added to imperihome when imperihome auto imported things. Is that a known limitation? Seems odd.
            3. How do I use these with Alexa? Does this mean if I want to control onne of the lights I'm going to have to say "dim <light name> central scene"?
            1) any way you include this switch will produce 3 devices. ztool is merely one, albeit easy, way to add a device. I suggest you name as you go.

2) I don't use imperihome, but only one of the 3 devices controls the lights, the other two are for setting parameters and giving status for events.

3) I dont use alexa, However with siri I have to use the exact name of the device, ie 'front room hall light'. you should check some of the alexa threads for shortcuts etc. I can tell you that you would never use the command 'dim <light name> central scene'.

The central scene is a status device used for creating events within homeseer. It reports if the switch top/bottom paddle has been pressed once, twice, or three times. For example I have a standard event that will turn off all the interior lights in the home when any of my switches are tapped 3 times on the bottom paddle.
            HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
            Number of Devices: 1005
            Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
            X