No announcement yet.

Jon00 Homeseer 2 web page (Quick view) builder Version 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I put the dimension statements in the ini there was no effect. When I used DeviceAlt, the icon disappeared entirely.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You have to use DeviceAlt to use the icon sizing.

Remember that the case of 'devicealt' determines what is displayed. If this was all in lower case, the icon would not show! Make sure it is mixed i.e. 'DeviceAlt' to see the text and the icon.
      Jon

Comment

I think that's what I'm doing. I've attached two screen shots. The first has all items with the standard 'Device##' and the second uses the following:
        Column3Section1-19Left=Shed
        Column3Section1-19Right=DeviceO9

Column3Section1-20Left=LR Chair
        Column3Section1-20Right=DeviceAltP4

Column3Section1-21Left=Den
        Column3Section1-21Right=Device'1

Column3Section1-22Left=Office
        Column3Section1-22Right=Device'3

Column3Section1-23Left=Christmas Tree
        Column3Section1-23Right=DeviceP5
        What am I missing?
        Attached Files
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Before we go any further, do you have the latest version installed?
          Jon

Comment

That was it. What fooled me was that the version I was using had the icon size modification included.

So the image size issue is resolved, but now it can't find some of my custom icon files. I'm betting I need to move them to the HS icon folder.

Comment

Banner for the site

How do you specify the image you want for the whole web page (banner). I see how to make it in one of the columns, but the whole website?

Thanks.
              A computer's attention span is as long
              as it's powercord.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve here. It it the background or something else?
                Jon

Comment

can't view .ash remotely?

It works fine on my local machine. When I try to view remotely /Buildpage.ash?val=qv I get:

File not found: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\buildpage.asp

When I try to use the redirect.asp I get:

File not found: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\buildpage.asp

What am I missing? I saw a few examples of people serving their .ash pages Why can't I?

Comment

I'm not sure.

Let's just check a few things again.

Log on remotely and display your Homeseer status page. Once this is showing correctly, replace the /stat in the URL to /buildpage.ash?val=qv

What happens?

Also does redirect.asp work locally OK?
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      I'm not sure.

Let's just check a few things again.

Log on remotely and display your Homeseer status page. Once this is showing correctly, replace the /stat in the URL to /buildpage.ash?val=qv

What happens?
                      It displays normally. I still have some work to do on it, but it looks good locally.

Also does redirect.asp work locally OK?
                      The redirect does not work even locally. I get this:

Script Error:
                      File not found: E:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\buildpage.asp

What exactly is a .ash file? I think I read somewhere it's encrypted? Thanks for any help with this.

Comment

If you logged on remotely and looks good, it must be working?

You are correct that ash files are encrypted versions of asp files.

Open up redirect.asp in a text editor and change the URL within to \buildpage.ash?val=qv

Save it and the redirect.asp should work.
                        Jon

Comment

If you logged on remotely and looks good, it must be working?

You are correct that ash files are encrypted versions of asp files.

Open up redirect.asp in a text editor and change the URL within to \buildpage.ash?val=qv

Save it and the redirect.asp should work.
                          The URL changes to /unauthorized.asp, and I get this on the page:

Script Error:
                          File not found: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\unauthorized.asp

It does redirect locally now though.

Update: I got it. sort of I changed my web server setting to Allow "../" File Access:Yes, and it works for admin login, but not guest. Does this sound right? I would like it available to guests as well. Thanks for following along with this.
                          Last edited by Isk82; October 9, 2010, 11:38 AM.

Comment

You probably have guest access disabled.

In the qv.ini under [settings], set GuestView=1
                            Jon

Comment

Thank you. That was it. I must have skipped over that part in the user guide. I have one last question though. I was able view the .ash file without using the redirect.asp. on remote a computer. What's the redirect.asp for?

Comment

I consider it a bug in Homeseer but you cannot call .ash pages with the '?val=qv' extension bit as a home page (i.e. defining it as your Custom Web Page 1 URL/Link under web page setup). The redirect.asp was to get around this limitation.

You don't actually need the redirect.asp anymore as I added a feature which allows you to just call buildpage.ash on it's own and it will by default look for the ini file called homepage.ini.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X