www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Gaming Related Plug-ins > Gaming Related Discussion > Kinect (3P)

Kinect (3P) Discussions related to the Kinect plugin for HS3.

Old December 6th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Seer Master

Question Newbie Kinect question

Am curious about Kinect's potential, so I purchased the Kinect + Xbox 360 bundle (Microsoft's recent Black Friday discount). I realize this is a Kinect + HS forum, but is there any particular software (demo/game/whatever) for Kinect + Xbox 360 (or, Kinect + PC if that's better) that really showcases the potential/capabilities/functionalities of the Kinect? I've seen some intriguing youtube videos about Kinect, but it's hard to calibrate my expectations for a Kinect + HS configuration without actually trying it first.

Any/all suggestions welcome.
Old December 6th, 2013, 09:14 PM

on PC, you can try to install the Kinect SDK + Kinect Developer Toolkit, it comes with a galley of simple applications showing you what you can do with a kinect.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinec...Downloads.aspx
Old December 7th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Seer Master

I went to the download link you indicated, but couldn't tell what the simple apps were without doing the full install. Are the simple apps things like "Skeleton", "Orientation", "Muscle+Force", "Heartrate", and "Expression" like that shown in ?

By the way, what's your opinion on Kinect 2.0 versus Kinect 1.0 hardware? I gather Kinect 1.0 can't gauge heartrate, for example.

Last edited by NeverDie; December 7th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old December 7th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Seer Master

Any thoughts regarding the PS4 Eye?

There's so much marketing hype out there it's hard to separate the good from the bad.