X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which USB Bluetooth Dongle?

Hi

I am interested in looking at this plug-in, the idea that I could shut some roof vents if we walked away from the house really appeals. Just thought about the 'conditions' though!!! (If raining, if temp >, if wind etc.) That aside I need to buy a bluetooth dongle before I buy the plug in. Can anyone recommend a USB Bluetooth Dongle with reasonable range?

There are items like these on eBay, but are they any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-USB-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100M-Bluetooth...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks
    Greg

I have tested the plugin with MSI BToes 476-BW (10m range) and MSI StarKey 222-BW (100m range).

WARNING: Don't buy the 476-CI and 222-CI models, because they are not compatible with the Widcomm stack.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Hi

MSI don't seem to list by model number :-(

Would this one be OK?

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=280361

On another note. Can I pair more than one phone up to HomeSeer? I'd like for example when both my wife and I are out of the house (with our phones) for homeseer to ensure the roof vents are closed. But if one of us is still at home then the vents remain open! Or if a friend comes to feed the fish while we are away that homeseer can put the lights on that are needed to get to the fish bowl etc.

Are these all possible?

Thanks
      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GSHaigh
        Hi

MSI don't seem to list by model number :-(

Would this one be OK?

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=280361
        From the website, there is no way to know if it's a Starkey V222-BW or a V222-CI

On my dongle, the model number is written on a sticker on the key (there was no way to know until package was opened).

On another note. Can I pair more than one phone up to HomeSeer? I'd like for example when both my wife and I are out of the house (with our phones) for homeseer to ensure the roof vents are closed. But if one of us is still at home then the vents remain open! Or if a friend comes to feed the fish while we are away that homeseer can put the lights on that are needed to get to the fish bowl etc.

Are these all possible?
        Sure, the plugin maps each bluetooth device to a homeseer device... then you can build your events as you wish.

stipus
        --
        stipus

Comment

Trial

Hi

I have ordered my Bluetooth adaptor, hopefully it will arrive today, it's a 222-BW :-)

If I load the plug-in via the updater can I trial it before I buy it?

Thanks
          Greg

Comment

Yes, I think you have 30 days to try.

The latest version of the plugin is currently available through the forum here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=111846

If you have upgraded HomeSeer, you may have to replace a few dlls found in HomeSeer2/html/hspi_bt/bin with the new ones found in HomeSeer2.
            --
            stipus

Comment

Dongle Installed and I can see BT devices but...

Hi

I have the dongle Installed and I can see BT devices but and the homeseer log looks OK when I start the BT Interface but as soon as I click config I get the following error

Server Error in '/' Application.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Method not found: 'System.Object Scheduler.IRemoteReceiver.EventCallBack(Int64, System.Object[])'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Object Scheduler.IRemoteReceiver.EventCallBack(Int64, System.Object[])'.Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Object Scheduler.IRemoteReceiver.EventCallBack(Int64, System.Object[])'.] hspi_bt_web.DeviceList.LoadHomeSeerObjects() +0 hspi_bt_web.DeviceList.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +10 System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +13 System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Obje ct sender, EventArgs e) +45 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +80 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +49 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3745 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42 </PRE>

I am running on XP with the widcomm stack and homeseer 2.1 with the 2.1 BT plugin

Any ideas?

Comment

Did you upgrade the dlls as I wrote in my last message ?

What version of HomeSeer are you running exactly ?

I'll post a new version of the plugin, tested with HomeSeer 2.1.130, in the next 24H.

stipus
                --
                stipus

Comment

Which dlls from where to where? Not sure which ones I need to copy into HomeSeer2/html/hspi_bt/bin
                  Thanks
                  Greg

Comment

I did post to the forum a new version of the plugin, tested with HS 2.1.130

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=115666

Regards,

stipus
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

More accepted models of bluetooth dongle

Can anyone list some more versions of a bluetooth dongle that have successfully worked with this plugin? The starkey 222-BW is difficult to find in the U.S.

Comment

I use a Belkin dongle and it all seems to work OK.

Comment

Working...
                        X