X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally bizarre installation - lost

Downloaded via updater. Ran config.

Nothin else matches the documenation. The file I found with the plugin for WinAMP was seerAMPserver.exe, not as described in the docs. It was tucked away, and not in the Homeseer 2 directory.

This installed SeerAMP Server v0.2 BETA, again not as in the docs and the screens don't match. What exactly is going on with this?

This is a pricey plugin, but my experience to date is not promising.

mkronmal,

It appears to me that HS possibly has the wrong file in the updater, (not blaming HS, wrong file could have been sent to them) but I am not sure. Dale will need to address this issue. Worst case he can email you a zip file to install from, so please let Dale know how you would like to handle this. His email address is listed at the end of this updated version of the THIS IS UPDATED TODAY WITH HIS CONTACT INFO, download it and delete any old one you may have.

Other people have installed in the recent past with no problems and I am not sure if they downloaded from his website or the updater.

You could also try this link to download from his website:
    http://www.synvb.com/seeramp_homeseer.zip

In addition, some documentation in the SeerAMP installer is old and the docs I posted are based on my experience installing SeerAMP in December. It is possible that Dale has made changes that I am not aware of. It seems he is very busy with college classes starting back up and he has not communicated with me lately on these specific changes. I will pin he down today after school and try to get us some answers.

Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience, and we will get to the bottom of this very soon.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,
    Rick Higgs

Last edited by HiTech; January 10, 2007, 11:09 PM. Reason: added late breaking info at 10 PM CST

Comment

I have corrected the updater file. Please check the updater for the correct installation.

Let me reiterate: THIS WAS NO ERROR ON PART OF HOMESEER TECHNOLOGIES, but on my own part.

Comment

Working...
      X