Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plug-in accurately reporting available links?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plug-in accurately reporting available links?

hey all:

just purchased a rev 63 PLM from SH to replace a rev 54 unit they refused to upgrade. on the insteon config page it reads:

You have 35 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 1 external device(s), and 1 group(s).
    These devices and groups currently consume 87 link database entries in your interface.
    You have 228 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

Is this accurate? I thought the new fw >=63 is supposed to handle more links. Their product page advertises this fact.

TIA,
    -t

Any Insteon device can have a maximum of 255 groups. The group number is only one byte in the message. The HomeSeer plug-in reports 254 because it reserves one of them for its all-devices group.

The number of links, however, is the total number of inbound and outbound links (devices linked to the PLM, and links from the PLM to devices). The newer PLMs have approximately 2000 slots in the link table.

Comment

thanks very much for the clarification!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffryD View Post
        Any Insteon device can have a maximum of 255 groups. The group number is only one byte in the message. The HomeSeer plug-in reports 254 because it reserves one of them for its all-devices group.

The number of links, however, is the total number of inbound and outbound links (devices linked to the PLM, and links from the PLM to devices). The newer PLMs have approximately 2000 slots in the link table.
        since the newer PLMs handles approx 2000 links, is the plugin reporting the correct number of links?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X