This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
    I don't know if the properties exposed by the musicAPI allow developers to add to that list, either way... the current track length is my problem, it's always 00:00
    I uploaded a new version that corrects the problem displaying track length using the Music APIs or standard HS-Touch setup.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
      I uploaded a new version that corrects the problem displaying track length using the Music APIs or standard HS-Touch setup.
      I am already using a Speech Proxy (BLSpeech) Once i downloaded the new beta of squeezebox... all TTS speech is being said twice.. in your config i have speaking not enabled because i dont need that feature.. however all my speaker clients speak twice... when i disable squeezebox plugin.. the problem goes away... any ideas?

4/10/2010 10:30:40 PM SqueezeBox Debug Audio 0 has stopped. AudioCount: 0 host: THEATERTOUCHSCREEN , Audio: DEFAULT
      4/10/2010 10:30:40 PM SqueezeBox Debug Audio 0 has stopped. AudioCount: 1 host: THEATERTOUCHSCREEN , Audio: DEFAULT
      4/10/2010 10:30:38 PM SqueezeBox Debug Audio 0 is started. AudioCount: 2 host: THEATERTOUCHSCREEN , Audio: DEFAULT
      4/10/2010 10:30:38 PM SqueezeBox Debug Audio 0 is started. AudioCount: 1 host: THEATERTOUCHSCREEN , Audio: DEFAULT
      4/10/2010 10:30:38 PM TTS Speak: (theatertouchscreenefault):Yes?
      4/10/2010 10:30:38 PM SqueezeBox Debug SpeakIn host: theatertouchscreenefault, device: 100, Text: Yes?

-Tom-
      -Tom-

Comment

issue using PlaylistsAddTrack and PlaylistsNew

PCP,

If I use both API's in a script, they do not give any results.
        I want to use those API's to be able to add the current playing song to a static playlist of the wife or mine.

I am using the script as shown as image.
        Calling PlaylistsNew results in no new m3u file in the playlist location of the disk.
        Edit: the list came after quite some time (more then 10 mins after the script was run?) and was not named Wim2.m3u, but Wim2playlists.m3u?

If I check the wim.m3u file after executing PlaylistsAddTrack, the file is not changed.
        I have also checked the squeezebox server playlist, this does not change either, just in case the squeezebox server has another location to save things then the one set in settings (C:\Squeeze in my settings).

Any ideas?

Wim
        Attached Files
        Last edited by w.vuyk; April 11, 2010, 03:09 PM.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by twa8000 View Post
          I am already using a Speech Proxy (BLSpeech) Once i downloaded the new beta of squeezebox... all TTS speech is being said twice.. in your config i have speaking not enabled because i dont need that feature.. however all my speaker clients speak twice... when i disable squeezebox plugin.. the problem goes away... any ideas?

4/10/2010 10:30:40 PM SqueezeBox Debug Audio 0 has stopped. AudioCount: 0 host: THEATERTOUCHSCREEN , Audio: DEFAULT
          4/10/2010 10:30:40 PM SqueezeBox Debug Audio 0 has stopped. AudioCount: 1 host: THEATERTOUCHSCREEN , Audio: DEFAULT
          4/10/2010 10:30:38 PM SqueezeBox Debug Audio 0 is started. AudioCount: 2 host: THEATERTOUCHSCREEN , Audio: DEFAULT
          4/10/2010 10:30:38 PM SqueezeBox Debug Audio 0 is started. AudioCount: 1 host: THEATERTOUCHSCREEN , Audio: DEFAULT
          4/10/2010 10:30:38 PM SqueezeBox Debug SpeakIn host: theatertouchscreenefault, device: 100, Text: Yes?

-Tom-
          I started to look into this along other speech proxy improvements. Will take me another few days. Looks like their is an issue if one uses multiple speech proxy servers, i.e. they are not chained, rather each may acknowledge to speak the text (therefore getting it twice).

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

Any ideas?

Wim
            I am not sure what the issue could be. Have you tried adding songs separately from creating the playlist?

Comment

2.0.0.7 makes HSTouch fail before "Building Screens"

After enabling the 2.0.0.7 beta, HSTouch with the basic iPhone.xml settings fails to start. It goes through the messages (Loading config.... Connecting..... Getting Data....) and then returns to the iPod touch home screen before the "Building Screens" message. This is the same behaviour I saw with the first 2.0.0 beta of the SB plug-in.

@PCP: I've got a TCP dump of the request response pair (using the Charles Proxy's port forwarding capabilities) if that would be helpful I can send it directly to you. The response to the initial handshaking of HSTouch without the plugin is about 35k (for my system of ~100 devices); the response with the plugin enabled grows to 130k. (Perhaps a 128KB fixed buffer is used and that overflows? Or songs/albums w/ non-latin1 characters in it causes problems?)

I've confirmed that turning off the plugin and restarting makes HSTouch work again (without music functionality, of course).

I'm happy to spend time helping debug/troubleshoot.

Greg

Comment

I am not sure what the issue could be. Have you tried adding songs separately from creating the playlist?
                Yes, it never added any song to a playlist. I tried to create a new on through Squeezebox server and adding to this one, because I had e few from media player I tried to add to. No differences....

Wim
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

@gjb

I do have the exact same problem here, but could not make it sure it was the sq plugin.

i did ask or it could be the sq plugin, somewhere in the hstouch section!
                  and disableing it. I guess i did mis the restart.

my 3 apple devices work fine again.

thnx alot as i did gave up because i ran out of ideas !

Comment

PCP,

I found the squeezebox server log tonight. When I run the scrip (without the create new command BTW) the server logs the folowing message:

[10-04-12 20:21:01.0830] Slim::Plugin::CLI::Plugin::cli_process (639) Request [playlists] failed with error: Bad params!

it seems a wrong cli command is generated?

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by gjb View Post
                      After enabling the 2.0.0.7 beta, HSTouch with the basic iPhone.xml settings fails to start. It goes through the messages (Loading config.... Connecting..... Getting Data....) and then returns to the iPod touch home screen before the "Building Screens" message. This is the same behaviour I saw with the first 2.0.0 beta of the SB plug-in.

@PCP: I've got a TCP dump of the request response pair (using the Charles Proxy's port forwarding capabilities) if that would be helpful I can send it directly to you. The response to the initial handshaking of HSTouch without the plugin is about 35k (for my system of ~100 devices); the response with the plugin enabled grows to 130k. (Perhaps a 128KB fixed buffer is used and that overflows? Or songs/albums w/ non-latin1 characters in it causes problems?)

I've confirmed that turning off the plugin and restarting makes HSTouch work again (without music functionality, of course).

I'm happy to spend time helping debug/troubleshoot.

Greg
                      Hmm.. the change between 2.0.0.6 and 2.0.0.7 is isolate and specific in the CTDuration Music API. Was it fine with 2.0.0.6? Does the error occur when the HSTouch client start or as well when no client is connected? I am not using the iPhone, only the Windows version and did not run into any problems. I will double check and would be good if you could send me the dump you collected but also the plug-in log (with debug enabled, potentially even verbose debug enabled). Which HSTouch version are you using?

Comment

More info on failing HSTouch before "Building Screens"

Hmm.. the change between 2.0.0.6 and 2.0.0.7 is isolate and specific in the CTDuration Music API. Was it fine with 2.0.0.6? Does the error occur when the HSTouch client start or as well when no client is connected? I am not using the iPhone, only the Windows version and did not run into any problems. I will double check and would be good if you could send me the dump you collected but also the plug-in log (with debug enabled, potentially even verbose debug enabled). Which HSTouch version are you using?
                        I'm using HSTouch 1.6. I've *never* had it working with any squeezebox 2.x plugin (i.e., it's not a new issue, I just had other bigger issues to troubleshoot until now). I'll send you the logs separately. I've not tested with Windows HSTouch... I haven't pulled the iPhone.xml off the phone to be able to use it with Windows HSTouch.

Comment

I'm using 1.6 to and had the problem from the start ( 1st install ) with 1.4
                          so no home cooked templates loaded.

2 ipod touch and a iphone gs
                          all devices share the same problem, tried clean install on all system but did not solve anything.

Did try most recent released plugins hstouch server, unlimited hst connections, iphone hst plugin , mediaplayer and beta versions.

After trying for more than 2 weeks i was left out of options and got tired of the problem and did a reinstall on a clean machine. problem gone

I Did a reinstall on the oldmachine and got that running again to.
                          But after running for a while problem ( few weeks ) was there again.

I had W.Vuyk checking on my system and he tried to connect remote from a iphone, same problem as described... did some checks and followed his advice with out result.

Now yesterday i disabled the sq plugin and restarted hs and the problem is gone....

Today i enabled the last beta plugin again, and to my supprise the basic template is still working. Did even try a restart on hs and it is still working.
                          all systems connect and are up again.

If there is anything i can track/trace or try help solve this problem? just let me know.

Comment

okay so the beta is working great for 1 of my squeezeplay software player.... and it see both and I can control both from the homeseer website via the status page but HStouch does not see both players... it only recognized 1 as a music player and the other a just a normal HS device..

I can control them both in HStouch with a lot of convoluted work arounds... but is there a easy way to get HStouch to see both players as a music device and work with the music actions? something with the music API i am guessing

Comment

gjb send me log files... one thing that I noticed between the hs-touch server and iPhone client communication is that the last reply is before it stopped working was to send the image \html\SqueezeBox\cover.png (full path for example C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\html\SqueezeBox\cover.png). This is the default cover album page.

Could any of you using iPhone/iTouch try to display this image (C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\html\SqueezeBox\cover.png) in an hs-touch screen in an element and independently of the SqueezeBox plug-in? Ideally the image should be sent from HS2 /HSTouch server to the client as well as an image.

I would like to confirm that the image, image format or image size is not the issue that produces the side effects mentioned in prior dialogs.

Thanks

Comment

Well i am going to try tonight as this could be something, but on the other side it makes no common sense as the problem also existed here with the basic template. ( so no sqboxes attached to the template )

But as over time things always get blurry on the mind here, i will try to deploy a template with squeezebox functionality to my ipods and see whats happening.

Oh and just to balance the record... I still love your plugin !!

Comment

Working...
                                X