VPN Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPN Recommendations

I am thinking about setting up a VPN at home so I am looking for some recommendations from users at to what they use, and do you like it. I have Comcast internet and I don't see anything in my router settings to set one up there. Also, I have tried setting up the VPN on my Windows 10 Pro computer, but I can't get my iPhone to access it, so maybe I did something wrong. If anyone has any suggestions on getting that to work, that would be great too.

Thank you as always.

What are you trying to accomplish with the VPN? If it is remote access I think OpenVPN is the best choice. We would need more info to help.

Comment

For remote access - I use my router!

Comment

For right now I am mainly looking at having the wife be able to access all of our pictures on our home computer. I used to have a WD MyBookLive with has an app to access the pictures, but it died and since this the second one that died, I don't want to buy another one.

I guess if I can get it to work I might find other uses for it.

Comment

If that is all you want then a media server is your best bet. I use Plex but there are a lot of good ones. Kodi. Myth. Plex handles the SSL encryption for you, even providing a cert. I cant speak for the others.

Comment

Working...
          X