No announcement yet.

SDJ-VStat Virtual Thermostat Plug-in Beta CLOSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attachment to 1st post of this thread updated to Version 3.0.7.1.
    Bug corrected for Linux systems using Celsius scale.

Steve

Comment

Looks good after 24 hours use...
      Just a few questions and comments

What is the logic within the thermostat?
      When do you turn on the heat controller in regards to target temp?
      And when do you turn it off again?
      Is the any form of PWM involved?

I have some issues with the heater turning off, but I suspect it's with the controller.

For the target reduction when open window (using Celsius), the default setting is to reduce target by 10 degrees, not lower than 40 C (104 F).
      No big issue, but it's a bit high.

Comment

Originally posted by BME View Post
        What is the logic within the thermostat?
        When do you turn on the heat controller in regards to target temp?
        And when do you turn it off again?
        Is the any form of PWM involved?
        The controlled device is turned ON when the Current Temperature drops to the Target Temperature or below. It is turned OFF when the Current Temperature rises above the Target Temperature + Temperature Swing value. The Temperature Swing value can be set differently for High, Low, Frost and Hold on the Config Page.
        So, for example if:
        Mode is High
        High Swing is 0.49C
        Target Temperature is 20C
        The Control will turn ON when the temp drops to 20C and turn OFF when it rises to 20.5C. When the temp is <=20 it will always be ON, when >=20.5 it will always be OFF, when between 20 and 20.5 it will not change.
        I hope that makes sense.

Originally posted by BME View Post
        For the target reduction when open window (using Celsius), the default setting is to reduce target by 10 degrees, not lower than 40 C (104 F).
        No big issue, but it's a bit high.
        With the HS3 scale set to Celsius the default values for the Target Reduction should be 5C and Not Lower than 5C. Yours has picked up the Fahrenheit defaults of 10F and 40F due to the bug in 3.0.7.0. affecting Linux and Celsius only. Because your SDJ-VStat.ini file was created in 3.0.7.0. the defaults are set wrong. You can of course edit these values but each time you create a new VStat it will start with the defaults. You could correct this either by deleting the SDJ-VStat.ini file with the pi disabled so it creates a new one, or by editing the following parameters in the SDJ-VStat.ini file:
        DefaultTempReduction=5
        DefaultMinTemp=5
        The SDJ-VStat.ini file is in the /Config directory of HS3. Deleting it so a new one is recreated will set all settings to the defaults. If you use Jon00's INI editor you can edit the ini file from the HS3 web interface.

Steve

Comment

The controlled device is turned ON when the Current Temperature drops to the Target Temperature or below. It is turned OFF when the Current Temperature rises above the Target Temperature + Temperature Swing value. The Temperature Swing value can be set differently for High, Low, Frost and Hold on the Config Page.
          So, for example if:
          Mode is High
          High Swing is 0.49C
          Target Temperature is 20C
          The Control will turn ON when the temp drops to 20C and turn OFF when it rises to 20.5C. When the temp is <=20 it will always be ON, when >=20.5 it will always be OFF, when between 20 and 20.5 it will not change.
          I hope that makes sense.
          I didn't follow, but it's probably because i'm Celsius ignorant. The 'High Swing' of 49C (I assume 0.49 is a typo) is a long ways from 20C. I don't understand. sorry.
          Can I get an example in Fahrenheit with the target at 71F, High would be 72F, and the low would be 70F.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
            I didn't follow, but it's probably because i'm Celsius ignorant. The 'High Swing' of 49C (I assume 0.49 is a typo) is a long ways from 20C. I don't understand. sorry.
            Can I get an example in Fahrenheit with the target at 71F, High would be 72F, and the low would be 70F.
            The 0.49C isn't a typo it's just under half a degree.

For your example in Fahrenheit you would use a SetPoint of 70F and a temperature swing of 1.9F.
            The Target Temperature would be 70F.
            The Control would turn ON when the temp dropped to 70F and turn OFF when it reached 72F then back on again when it dropped back to 70F.

The temperature swing is basically the overshoot you want on your SetPoints. How large you make it depends on personal choice and the response time of your heating system. If you have a system with a long lag you might want to set it to zero. But, if the heating responds very quickly it would be constantly turning ON and OFF if you didn't have a reasonable swing set.

You can set different Temperature Swings for the different types of SetPoints if so desired.

Steve

Comment

ok, that makes sense.

Comment

How can I change the name of a VStat?

If I change the name on the Device/Configuration page this doesn't change the name on the VStat Config page. And on the VStat Config page I cannot see any option to change the name of the created VStats.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4IT View Post
                  How can I change the name of a VStat?

If I change the name on the Device/Configuration page this doesn't change the name on the VStat Config page. And on the VStat Config page I cannot see any option to change the name of the created VStats.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4IT View Post
                    How can I change the name of a VStat?.
                    Having checked back through my program I remember that it is possible to change the name of a VStat. I will incorporate a better way in a future release but for the moment the way it works is:
                    When the plugin initialises it checks the name of the root device for each VStat and if it has changed it updates the name of the VStat to agree. So, whilst you found that editing the name of the VStat root device didn't appear to change the background name of the VStat, if you dissable and reanable the pi you will find that the name on the Config page will have changed to the new name you have given it.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Comment

Thanks, this solves my issue, so I’m fine with this solution.

Comment

Comment

Hi. Thank you for a great plugin, I have been using it for some time now, without any trouble.
                          Until today.. The zone control does not seem to work anymore. I can increase or decrease the target temperature, but the zone control does not change. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the plugin without any good results,
                          I have tried to remove a vstat and then create a new one, also without any good results. What to do?

PS: I use Homeseer for windows
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thomaslars1 View Post
                            Hi. Thank you for a great plugin, I have been using it for some time now, without any trouble.
                            Until today.. The zone control does not seem to work anymore. I can increase or decrease the target temperature, but the zone control does not change. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the plugin without any good results,
                            I have tried to remove a vstat and then create a new one, also without any good results. What to do?

PS: I use Homeseer for windows
                            Hi,

Sorry you are having problems.

Can you give me a screenshot of the Config page.

Also try setting the log level to 2, then change the target temperature a couple of times and capture the HS3 log for that period.

Steve

Comment

Thank you for the help :-)

I found the error :-)

Almost all the config page was NFG. It seems like it lost the 0. in front of the decimals. That was strange..
                              Once again, thank you for a great plugin. Keep up the good work!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thomaslars1 View Post
                                I found the error :-)

Almost all the config page was NFG. It seems like it lost the 0. in front of the decimals. That was strange..
                                Once again, thank you for a great plugin. Keep up the good work!
                                I suspected that would be the issue. There was a problem with using a comma as the decimal delimiter on an earlier version. I corrected the bug but if you had an SDJ-VStat.ini file already created you needed to edit it.

Check that if you disable and re-enable the plug-in the global settings maintain the values you have now set then to.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X