X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 3.0.0 just about ready - in closed beta test right now

For all those interested:

I've been working to update the Hauppauge Capture plugin to add new functionality. This is what is added in version 3.0.0:<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Plugin will now work with any capture card supporting WDM drivers - not just for Hauppauge cards any more<LI>Plugin integrates better with HomeSeer and no longer requires event calls to check to motion on alarmed zones - this means delay time to start taking picture after motion is detected is now less than one second if the camera is already on - very fast<LI>Plugin will support full frame video streaming (if you have hardware enough to drive it) to any website with ability to change cameras and video sources. ASP page supplied<LI>Additional image properties added (for video cards/drivers that support them); backlight comp., sharpness, gamma correction, gain.[/list]Release should be within a couple of weeks.

It's a free upgrade - anyone interested?

Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)
    Bryan

Bryan,

I am interested for sure. I have a non-hauppauge card I would like to use instead, so this would be a real advantage for me.
    Plus, reducing the delay for the first image sounds good.

Thanks,
    JimBob

Comment

Hi Bryan,

I have enjoyed your plugin, and welcome the changes. Will you have support for video capture in addition to just taking pictures? I am not so much interested in the streaming as I have 2 video capture cards and use the second for streaming using IVIsta.

Comment

In a future release (if there's enough interest) I could also support capturing a video stream in addition to snapping images and streaming. Capturing a video stream would quickly take up a lot of space as well horse power to run it (especially if streaming is also turned on).

Right now the plugin will snap images while streaming is running - I'm not sure how capturing video would thro into the mix or if I could have it snap pictures when capturing a video.

Bryan
        Bryan

Comment

Brian,

I haven't used your plugin for awhile, but will definately start using it again with the new version. Will wait till most of your testing is done though.

Thanks and good luck!

Jay Fro

(Current Setup in Profile)

Comment

I haven't tried it yet but gave up on WebCam for now and have been looking for other options. I have a video security system with 12 cameras feeding a 16 camera controller. When motion is detected it turns on the affected camera and feeds a composite signal to both a time lapse VCR and a RF modulator that puts the image on CH 29 on my home distribution system.

Have been looking for a capture program that will simply save a JPG image. I currently have a Dazzle 80 and a KWorld TV PCI card. Going to give your system a try when you release the new version.

I'm glad I checked the message about a new release even though I do not presently have a Hauppauge card.

Glad to see you are using a CLOSED BETA TESTING. That really saves you and everyone else a LOT of GRIEF.

Looking forward to trying the new version when it is ready for prime time use by non techies.

Don
            www.k9soa.net
            Home of "JEANNIE"
            The House That Listens
            Seen on HGTV, Home Automation and Kentucky Living Magazines

Comment

What’s the latest on version 3? Been using V2 from the start looking forward to the new features.

Thanks
              Jim

Comment

Any later status on the release of V3?

Have been putting off purchase of any hardware until it comes out. Don't want to get the wrong stuff.

Don
                www.k9soa.net
                Home of "JEANNIE"
                The House That Listens
                Seen on HGTV, Home Automation and Kentucky Living Magazines

Comment

I have a version or two that I can release and both are working pretty well. There is one issue I that I hadn't expected though, the older Hauppauge cards (BT848 and BT878 based cards) still require the old 331 Hauppauge drivers. I thought the WDM based capturing would work with the newer drivers but no way. I think Hauppauge's newer drivers just don't support capturing on the older cards. Hauppauge support in-as-much-as told me that but I didn't believe them until I tried it myself.

Version 3.0.16 supports streaming but does not support cards that perform hardware mpeg decoding such as the Hauppauge PVR-350.

Version 3.0.17 suppoorts hareware MPEG decoding but will not stream. All other functions including image capturing work fine. We are working on fixing the streaming issue so it shouldn't be too long before streaming is supported with hardware MEPG decoding cards.

I'll request 3.0.16 be added to the updater - should be there in a day or two. For those that have a hardware based MPEG decoding, such as Hauppauge PVR-350, I have a private FTP server set up and I can provide access info to those requesting it. If anyone wants to try 3.0.17 without the streaming function (it's there but most likely won't work), please send me an email to bstein@accesscomm.ca

Bryan
                  Bryan

Comment

Working...
                  X