Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best LED ceiling can bulbs for HSM 100+ dimmer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just to circle back on this.... put in all Philips warm glow and it works perfectly.

Did not try to go to 5.19 yet. one hallway/switch was enough for now.

THanks again for all the help!

PS. one quick question. What does that reset actually do? it doesn't exclude/lose it from the network does it?

Comment

What does that reset actually do?
      I'm not quite sure. However I had to do a reset after I went back on one of the switches because everything worked backwards and upside down. Once I did the reset it started behaving properly. However I don't remember if I excluded and re-included or not.

I would think that the switch would lose its controller memory link but I'm not sure.

Comment

I don't have the WD100+, but actually have the WD200+, but am kind of wishing I had the capability of reverting to a previous firmware to fix the issues I am seeing. So far I haven't found a BR30 bulb that affords me the dimming performance I have with my other slider switches or GE/Jasco zwaves.

The thing I noticed first was the top-end range issue where I would reach full brightness at what the WD200+ would think was 50%-60%, and anything above that had no appreciable increase in light output. But as I replaced the old TCP 850 Lumen BR30s with other brands, I also found that my lower dim range performance is suffering as well, with none of the bulbs tested being able to go below 20%, if that. As of now, over the course of the last few days, I've tested TCP (older and newer model), Sylvania, Cree, Feit, Utilitech Pro, and Philips.

Of these, the Philips (warm glow version), works the best for the top-range issue - there is a small amount of noticeable increase in light from 50% to about 80/90% with the Philips. With all the others, you really can't tell the difference between 50% and 100%.

As for the lower-range dimming, the only bulb that will actually get dim is my old TCPs which I'm wanting to replace...since they are old and I don't like the color rendering they offer with their age. All the others will not dim (maybe 20% if that) even close to what they will with the other brand dimmer switches I still have, which has now become my frustration point.

For instance, I have a scene called "Mood lighting" where most of the down stairs cans will all dim to 1% and create a nice ambiance in the house at night for movies/TV. Right now I don't feel like I can switch out my GE/Jasco switches for WD200s and still have the dimming performance to create that scene. My kitchen right now, with the WD200 switches I just installed and Philips BR30s, is still relatively bright when set to lowest dim, and the wife doesn't like it. With the rest of the house dimmed, the Kitchen now illuminates the great room.

Note, these same bulbs on the GE/Jasco switches dim to VERY low, and the top-range gap isn't a problem - setting the switch to 50% is significantly different than setting to 100%, and that includes B30s, R20s, and various A19s throughout the house (almost every switch in my house is either a GE/Jasco zwave fan switch, regular switch, or dimmer, with a few Lutron dimmers yet to be replaced in the basement).

I'm guessing that the led dimming performance specs in the firmware are probably the same for the 100s and 200s, the only difference being that you can't revert back to a previous firmware in the 200s in order to gain back some dimming performance you previously had. I'm hoping that since LED lighting is becoming so popular that they implement a user configuration that would allow you to customize your top and bottom parameters to accommodate the difference in performance of LED bulbs, because it seems like right now, BR30s aren't at the top of their list, and I'm worried about the other bulb types as well as I consider switching to this dimmer throughout the house.

Comment

Many threads/complaints on this.... totally agree.

dimming was significantly better on 5.14, but that didn't work for the newer 200s (which I just purchased as well)...

I love the switches, but this is really a bummer.

@rprade can tell you more :-)

Comment

Working...
          X