No announcement yet.

HomeSeer 200 Series Wall Switches Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance of back-porting the software to the 100+ series switches (without the color)
    to upgrade the existing installed items?

Comment

Originally posted by jheacock View Post
      Any chance of back-porting the software to the 100+ series switches (without the color)
      to upgrade the existing installed items?
      Would love to see this too. 4 and 5 tap events would be great, since I can think of so many applications for this. Currently working on 2 taps for full on of local load, use 3 taps for all on or all off, but would love more!
      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I thought of another reason I'm hoping WS200+ has the same # of LEDs as the dimmer. Our master bedroom primarily uses switched outlets for lighting. I can't put dimmers on those for obvious reason, but again I'd still love the same visibility/customization the number of LEDs on the WD200+ provide.

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
          I have so many questions, and looking forward to a video review.

In the "3" field shown in the example will there be an option for something like "All" (or more than 1 yet not all) instead of a single LED? Or will we have to string together multiple commands if we want to set more than on LED in a single event?
          Yes, "All" is one of the options for LED selection. Likewise, "All" is one of the options in the device choice drop-down.

Will the ability to force a device to be in "status" or "normal" via z-wave command exist?
          You won't be able to force a switch to stay in normal mode if you send a status command to it. If you always want a switch to stay in normal mode, just don't send a status command to it! Likewise, if you always want a switch to remain in status mode, do send "off" commands to all the LEDs in it.

Is the time to transition from normal mode to status mode after a switch is manipulated configurable?
          no, this happens immediately when a status command is received.

How many status LEDs will the HS-WS200+ have? Will it remain one yet be configurable, or increased to match the number the dimmer has so we can have uniformity of statuses around the house? I can already envision areas I'd like to have the same # of LEDs on both dimmers and normal switches. For example I don't want my mud room lights to be dimmable as I use Philips Hue bulbs there, but I'd love just as many LEDs as a dimmer so I can visually show the open/closed status of each garage door without opening the door to look into the garage.
          1 LED for switches, 7 for dimmers, 4 for fan controllers.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

1 LED for switches, 7 for dimmers, 4 for fan controllers.

Aw man... my enthusiasm just dropped significantly. :'(

Most of the places I was excited to put these into I can't (smart bulbs or switched outlets) or won't put dimmers in. Pretty please consider another model that is the WS with the WD LED setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
              Functionally, these are very similar to the 100 series (which are still in production BTW). These are the differences:
              • RGB LEDs are individually controllable
              • Multi-tap operation now goes to 5-taps
              • Bottom LED on dimmer may be set to turn on when load is off

Pricing is not firm yet but will likely be $5 more MSRP.

RGB control will be implemented in event actions. Here's an example:
              Last edited by Timon; December 28, 2017, 12:21 AM.
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
              Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
              Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
              3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
              4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
              3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
              SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I usually shut off the LED light on my switches as I find them annoying.
                Am interested in the fan control though, is there any other detailed info on it?

Comment

Annunciator!

How about making an annunciator? No paddle, just four or five columns of 7 LEDs each to provide status. Could be ganged with older switches so it is instantly useful in existing installations.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                    How about making an annunciator? No paddle, just four or five columns of 7 LEDs each to provide status. Could be ganged with older switches so it is instantly useful in existing installations.
                    I will second this one.

How about a switch plate that has LEDs in it. Could add pretty lights to any switch. Big question would be best way to safely power it.

Comment

Has the issue with being able to dim below 30% with LED bulbs been addressed in this new product?

Reference to issue and Bugzilla ticket are found in this link:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193000
                      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                      Home Assistant 2024.3
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

yay! Finally the fan control will be available! Thanks guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by spike5884 View Post
                          I will second this one.

How about a switch plate that has LEDs in it. Could add pretty lights to any switch. Big question would be best way to safely power it.
                          That's be nice for single-gang installs, but tougher multi-gang.

Something slightly different would be a subtle fiber optic ring around the outside of the paddle itself broken into quadrants, each solid plastic fiber tube would be fed by a single LED per quadrant. When the LED is lit it would illuminate that quadrant whatever color it was.

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                            Has the issue with being able to dim below 30% with LED bulbs been addressed in this new product?

Reference to issue and Bugzilla ticket are found in this link:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193000
                            I've said this before but I'll add it here as well although I've updated it.
                            First, many LEDs will go much lower than 30%. I have some that will start at only 7% and will dime down to 5 or 6%. This is why this can be a fixed number and why I propose the following.

Have all HS dimmers updated with three additional parameters.
                            • Minimum level to start.
                            • Minimum dim level.
                            • Enable minimum levels.

Minimum level to start is the level that's needed for the light to turn on when going from off to any on state. If this level is larger than minimum dim level the dimmers would go to this level first for at least 2 line cycles then go to the selected dim level. This level should be set high enough so that the light turns on quickly.

Minimum dim level is the lowest level where the lamp turns off. Except when off the lamp would never be allowed to go lower than this level and in fact this would become the new 1% level.

Once these levels are set then a third setting will enable them. This needs to be off when using incandescent lights or determining the minimum start and dim levels. Once those levels are determined and entered then this setting it turn on. I would suggest that once this setting is turn on the switches would adjust their dimming ramp so 1% is now the minimum dim level as noted above.

If these were added to the existing WD100s and the new WD200s along with the plugin dimers we'd have much better control of out LED lights.
                            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

The same goes for max levels.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                                The same goes for max levels.
                                Ok, I have to ask, why for max levels?

Comment

Working...
                                X