www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old September 4th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Seer Master

No events, did not know I could.
I have 17 dimmable Insteon devices, and they all had "Hide device from mobile views" set. All other devices are ok.
Removed the setting and all is ok now.

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl
Old September 4th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Insteon Overlord

thanks for reporting back.

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.280
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.10 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory
Old September 5th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Seer Master

Support status for 2441TH thermostat?

I know this is scattered around the board (I searched) but I can't find anything about this stat in your plugin thread. Is the 2441TH supported? Do you plan to support it? I'm using Insteon 3.0.6.16 from the Beta uploads section... Thanks and sorry for the noob question...
Old September 5th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Insteon Overlord

Thermostats are supported by a related insteon plugin, see the following forum

https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1183
Old September 12th, 2017, 08:04 AM
Seer

Bug in your latest plug!

Hey Mark!

I updated to the latest beta. Everything was working fine until the update.

The Plugin would load, but it would not actually work.
Restarting Homeseer was the oddest part as it did not remember jack about the Insteon stuff. It was not reading the ini file, it could not see the device, so it ultimately made sense.

When I looked at the log files, your plugin was trying to use:

/opt/HomeSeer/config

When for the past however long the plugin has been out, it was using:

/opt/HomeSeer/Config

So, looks like you made an inadvertent change in the case that adversely affects Linux.

I corrected by doing "cd /opt/HomeSeer; ln -s config Config" and then restarted the plugin.
Old September 12th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmymac123 View Post
Hey Mark!

Restarting Homeseer was the oddest part as it did not remember jack about the Insteon stuff. It was not reading the ini file, it could not see the device, so it ultimately made sense.

/opt/HomeSeer/config

/opt/HomeSeer/Config

So, looks like you made an inadvertent change in the case that adversely affects Linux.

I corrected by doing "cd /opt/HomeSeer; ln -s config Config" and then restarted the plugin.
Thanks for reporting back.

drives my crazy that Linux is case sensitive. And HST doesn't seem to following any standard with folder naming conventions

I'll change the code to use "Config"
Old September 13th, 2017, 07:31 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmymac123 View Post
Hey Mark!

/opt/HomeSeer/config

/opt/HomeSeer/Config

I posted .21 which changes the folder reference to "Config"
Old September 13th, 2017, 11:21 PM
Seer Plus

Mark: as info, all of my dimmable Insteon devices had their "Hide device from mobile views" option turned on, same as mentioned by someone else. None of the non-dimmable Insteon ones were affected, and no non-Insteon devices affected. Everything still worked fine, they just were not visible on a remote. Not sure exactly when it happened, but it was quite recently. It was an easy fix to just go through them all and uncheck the box.
Old September 14th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrington View Post
Mark: as info, all of my dimmable Insteon devices had their "Hide device from mobile views" option turned on, same as mentioned by someone else. None of the non-dimmable Insteon ones were affected, and no non-Insteon devices affected. Everything still worked fine, they just were not visible on a remote. Not sure exactly when it happened, but it was quite recently. It was an easy fix to just go through them all and uncheck the box.
very strange. I don't believe the plugin messes with that property at all.

if you can replicate the issue, please post the steps.
Old September 14th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Seer Plus

I think I read that "Hide device from mobile views" is new feature in 3.0.0.357. If so, maybe its a one-time flaw in the upgrade that for some reason clicks that option on for a dimmable Insteon device but not others...?
Old September 15th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
I think I read that "Hide device from mobile views" is new feature in 3.0.0.357. If so, maybe its a one-time flaw in the upgrade that for some reason clicks that option on for a dimmable Insteon device but not others...?
I spoke with Rich on this. the default is supposed to be off, so not sure how this setting got turned on.

i'm wondering if he is reusing a property bit value that I may be using for something else.
Old September 15th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Viewer

Mark -

I just installed the 3.0.6.21 Beta, and am noticing a behavior that was not present in the official release.
It looks like the plugin is updating the status and value for an I/O Linc sensor after an unsuccessful polling event (5 retries).
In this particular case, it's indicating that my garage door has opened, and setting off an alarm in my house... at night.
Please let me know if there's a setting or .ini value I need to adjust, otherwise I'll just hang tight until there's another update.

Thanks!

Quote:
Sep-15 4:28:54 AM Event Event Trigger "Notifications Garage Door Opened at Night"
Sep-15 4:28:54 AM Event Event Trigger "Notifications Unsecure System Status"
Sep-15 4:28:54 AM Insteon Setting status and value for device 1F.C3.AA:1. Old status:100 Old Value:100, New Status:17 New Value: 0
Sep-15 4:28:54 AM Insteon Did not get any status response from 1F.C3.AA after 5 tries. No change to database delta value.
Sep-15 4:28:54 AM Insteon Did not receive a response from Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA). Try #5 failed.
Sep-15 4:28:50 AM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 06
Sep-15 4:28:50 AM Insteon Sending command 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
Sep-15 4:28:50 AM Insteon Did not receive a response from Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA). Try #4 failed.
Sep-15 4:28:47 AM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 06
Sep-15 4:28:47 AM Insteon Sending command 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
Sep-15 4:28:47 AM Insteon Did not receive a response from Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA). Try #3 failed.
Sep-15 4:28:43 AM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 06
Sep-15 4:28:43 AM Insteon Sending command 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
Sep-15 4:28:43 AM Insteon Did not receive a response from Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA). Try #2 failed.
Sep-15 4:28:40 AM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 06
Sep-15 4:28:40 AM Insteon Sending command 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
Sep-15 4:28:40 AM Insteon Did not receive a response from Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA). Try #1 failed.
Sep-15 4:28:37 AM Insteon Saved ini file. msecs=0
Sep-15 4:28:36 AM Insteon ..Got RF PLM Response 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 06
Sep-15 4:28:36 AM Insteon Sending command 02 62 1F C3 AA 0A 19 01 to RF PLM, (Expecting 0 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
Sep-15 4:28:36 AM Insteon Attempting to update the status for Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA)
Sep-15 4:28:36 AM Insteon Requesting Insteon status (Polling) for device Access Garage Door Input Sensor: Garage Door Status (1F.C3.AA)
Old September 15th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vball61 View Post
Mark -

I just installed the 3.0.6.21 Beta, and am noticing a behavior that was not present in the official release.
It looks like the plugin is updating the status and value for an I/O Linc sensor after an unsuccessful polling event (5 retries).
In this particular case, it's indicating that my garage door has opened, and setting off an alarm in my house... at night.
Please let me know if there's a setting or .ini value I need to adjust, otherwise I'll just hang tight until there's another update.

Thanks!
yes, I made some changes to iolinc polling. if the iolinc doesn't respond, its value will be set to Unknown (instead of assuming on or off)

can you post a screen shot of the trigger you are using?

also can I see a pic of the status graphics tab for the hs device definition
Old September 15th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsandler View Post
I spoke with Rich on this. the default is supposed to be off, so not sure how this setting got turned on.

i'm wondering if he is reusing a property bit value that I may be using for something else.
If so, it would something to do with dimmable, because every dimmable device was set, but only the dimmable devices.
Old September 15th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
If so, it would something to do with dimmable, because every dimmable device was set, but only the dimmable devices.
i did a test using .357 of creating a new device. it didn't set that hide mobile bit.

so i think this bit (while unused until now) must have been set on dimmers previously

this may just be a one time upgrade issue.

thanks for reporting. i will put in on the next set of release notes.
Old September 16th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsandler View Post
yes, I made some changes to iolinc polling. if the iolinc doesn't respond, its value will be set to Unknown (instead of assuming on or off)

can you post a screen shot of the trigger you are using?

also can I see a pic of the status graphics tab for the hs device definition
Thanks for the follow up. I think I see the problem. The Beta is setting the device value to '0', but a status value of '0' is interpreted as garage door open. 'Unknown' = '-1' according to the device's Status Graphics tab (attached)

Here's a log which captures an actual garage door opening event. The garage door status value is returned as '0':

Quote:
Sep-16 4:54:16 PM Event Event Trigger "Notifications Unsecure System Status"
Sep-16 4:54:16 PM Insteon Setting status and value for device 1F.C3.AA:1. Old status:100 Old Value:100, New Status:3 New Value:0
Sep-16 4:54:16 PM Insteon ProcessGroupBroadcast: Device Access Garage Door (1F.C3.AA) is group broadcast source (tgt group/button:1) sending cmd 13
Sep-16 4:54:16 PM Insteon Received 1F.C3.AA:1 (Access Garage Door Status) Go OFF
Sep-16 4:54:16 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):1F C3 AA 00 00 01 C7 13 00
Attached Images

Old September 16th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vball61 View Post
Thanks for the follow up. I think I see the problem. The Beta is setting the device value to '0', but a status value of '0' is interpreted as garage door open. 'Unknown' = '-1' according to the device's Status Graphics tab (attached)

Here's a log which captures an actual garage door opening event. The garage door status value is returned as '0':
Updated the code, and posted 3.0.6.22 in the beta section of the updater

give it a try
Old September 16th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Seer Plus

Mark, did that error just sneak in recently or was it there for a long time. Maybe this has solved my long-standing problem with IO-Lincs occasionally giving false alarms that we have discussed in the past. If so - YEA!!
Old September 16th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Mark, did that error just sneak in recently or was it there for a long time. Maybe this has solved my long-standing problem with IO-Lincs occasionally giving false alarms that we have discussed in the past. If so - YEA!!
Possibly. give it a go and let me know
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM
Insteon Overlord

anyone have any feedback regarding losing their insteon.ini while using this latest beta?