www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Eric Fetty Plug-Ins > Liftmaster MyQ Plug-in (3P)

Liftmaster MyQ Plug-in (3P) Discussion of Liftmaster MyQ plug-in

Old September 5th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Seer Plus

Enable MyQ Account Login Loses Selection

I've noticed that the PI is frequently failing to operate because the MyQ account login becomes disabled (check mark disappears). Any ideas?

Plug-Ins Enabled:
UltraRachio3:,Restart:,Sonos:,UltraMon3:,BLLAN:,Z-Wave:,MyQ:,UltraGCIR3:,EnvisaLink:,HSTouch Server:,DoorBird:,BLBackup:,Device History:,PHLocation:,Ecobee:,LutronCaseta:,Blue-Iris:,BLOnkyo:
Old September 5th, 2017, 11:05 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckk9032 View Post
I've noticed that the PI is frequently failing to operate because the MyQ account login becomes disabled (check mark disappears). Any ideas?
Right now the plugin is written to keep trying to connect to the Chamberlain web service. If it gets back an error message from the Chamberlain service indicating that it's unauthorized it will try to relogin. If this occurs too many times in a row it assumes that something is wrong in the current configuration and disables the attempts to login. If this is happening to you, you should see some evidence in your logs. Take a look and see if there are any log entries that may help us get to the reason.
Old September 6th, 2017, 12:34 AM
Seer Plus

Thanks. I did check the log but didn't see anything. But my logs tend to get overwhelmed with all the plug-ins. When it happens again, I'll check as quickly as I can. BTW, I do an auto restart of HS3 on a regular schedule. Any chance that's related?
Old September 6th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckk9032 View Post
Thanks. I did check the log but didn't see anything. But my logs tend to get overwhelmed with all the plug-ins. When it happens again, I'll check as quickly as I can. BTW, I do an auto restart of HS3 on a regular schedule. Any chance that's related?
You should be able to search and filter the logs for anything from the MyQ plugin.
Old September 11th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Seer Deluxe

Eric,
I suggest not disabling it so quickly, maybe let it try 5 times across a few hours, just in case the internet is down or something.

Can you set an event trigger to allow the user to send an alert/notification when the connection fails? At least we will know to go look at it.

Today I finally got around to looking at it... enabled it again but it still would not control my doors. Re-entered user/pw, no go. Even though your plugin showed it as connected, it seemed that the gateway was not connecting to the internet after I rebooted the gateway. Is there a way you can 'see' if the gateway is communicating properly - and indicate an issue if it is not?

thx!

log:
Quote:

Date/Time Pri Type/Error Message/Source
Sep-11 9:55:36 AM MyQ InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
Sep-11 9:55:36 AM MyQ Starting version 1.1.17244.94
Sep-11 9:45:08 AM MyQ Starting version 1.1.17244.94
Sep-11 9:45:08 AM MyQ InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
Sep-11 9:44:35 AM MyQ LiftMaster: Submitted JSON data to debug logging server
Sep-08 4:35:29 PM MyQ Error connecting to Web Service over the internet: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String method, String data) at HSPI_MyQ.LiftMasterController.HttpPost(String url, String parameters)
Sep-08 4:35:29 PM MyQ Unexpected JSON values returned from login or login service unreachable from Homeseer. Please check your connection to the web service from the homeseer box.
Sep-08 4:35:07 PM MyQ LiftMaster: Too many login failures, disabling service + LiftMaster permanently!! You will need to correct your login credentials and re-enable the service in the MyQ settings.
Sep-08 4:35:01 PM MyQ Error connecting to Web Service over the internet: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String method, String data) at HSPI_MyQ.LiftMasterController.HttpPost(String url, String parameters)
Sep-08 4:35:01 PM MyQ Unexpected JSON values returned from login or login service unreachable from Homeseer. Please check your connection to the web service from the homeseer box.
Sep-08 4:34:49 PM MyQ Error connecting to Web Service over the internet: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartReading(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.TlsStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String method, String data) at HSPI_MyQ.LiftMasterController.HttpPost(String url, String parameters)
Sep-08 4:34:37 PM MyQ Unexpected JSON values returned from login or login service unreachable from Homeseer. Please check your connection to the web service from the homeseer box.
Sep-08 4:34:37 PM MyQ Error connecting to Web Service over the internet: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String method, String data) at HSPI_MyQ.LiftMasterController.HttpPost(String url, String parameters)
Sep-08 4:34:31 PM MyQ Error connecting to Web Service over the internet: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartReading(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.TlsStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String method, String data) at HSPI_MyQ.LiftMasterController.HttpPost(String url, String parameters)
Sep-08 4:34:07 PM MyQ Error connecting to Web Service over the internet: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String method, String data) at HSPI_MyQ.LiftMasterController.HttpPost(String url, String parameters)
Sep-08 4:34:07 PM MyQ Unexpected JSON values returned from login or login service unreachable from Homeseer. Please check your connection to the web service from the homeseer box.
Sep-08 4:34:01 PM MyQ Error connecting to Web Service over the internet: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartReading(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.TlsStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String method, String data) at HSPI_MyQ.LiftMasterController.HttpPost(String url, String parameters)
Sep-08 4:33:31 PM MyQ Unexpected JSON values returned from login or login service unreachable from Homeseer. Please check your connection to the web service from the homeseer box.
Sep-08 4:33:31 PM MyQ Error connecting to Web Service over the internet: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String method, String data) at HSPI_MyQ.LiftMasterController.HttpPost(String url, String parameters)
Sep-08 4:07:05 PM MyQ Error connecting to Web Service over the internet: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address) at HSPI_MyQ.LiftMasterController.HttpGet(String url)
Sep-08 3:59:53 PM MyQ Error connecting to Web Service over the internet: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable. at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address) at HSPI_MyQ.LiftMasterController.HttpGet(String url)
Sep-08 3:23:48 PM MyQ Error connecting to Web Service over the internet: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String method, String data) at HSPI_MyQ.LiftMasterController.HttpPost(String url, String parameters)
Sep-08 3:23:11 PM MyQ Error connecting to Web Service over the internet: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartReading(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.TlsStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String method, String data) at HSPI_MyQ.LiftMasterController.HttpPost(String url, String parameters)
Sep-08 3:23:11 PM MyQ Unexpected JSON values returned from login or login service unreachable from Homeseer. Please check your connection to the web service from the homeseer box.
Sep-08 3:18:45 PM MyQ Error connecting to Web Service over the internet: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable. at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address) at HSPI_MyQ.LiftMasterController.HttpGet(String url)
Sep-08 10:10:10 AM MyQ Plugin detected device Garage Door 1 changed state to Closed
Sep-08 10:10:06 AM MyQ Plugin detected device Garage Door 1 changed state to Closing
Sep-08 9:54:09 AM MyQ Plugin detected device Garage Door 1 changed state to Opened
Sep-08 9:54:02 AM MyQ Plugin detected device Garage Door 1 changed state to Opening
Sep-08 8:55:49 AM MyQ Plugin detected device Garage Door 1 changed state to Closed
Sep-08 8:55:42 AM MyQ Plugin detected device Garage Door 1 changed state to Closing
Sep-08 8:54:07 AM MyQ Plugin detected device Garage Door 1 changed state to Opened
Sep-08 8:53:59 AM MyQ Plugin detected device Garage Door 1 changed state to Opening
Sep-08 7:43:11 AM MyQ Plugin detected device Garage Door 2 changed state to Closed
Sep-08 7:42:59 AM MyQ Plugin detected device Garage Door 2 changed state to Closing
Sep-08 7:33:21 AM MyQ Plugin detected device Garage Door 2 changed state to Opened
Sep-08 7:33:05 AM MyQ Plugin detected device Garage Door 2 changed state to Opening
Sep-07 8:49:46 PM MyQ InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
Sep-07 8:49:46 PM MyQ Starting version 1.1.17244.94

Last edited by Ltek; September 11th, 2017 at 12:53 PM.
Old September 13th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltek View Post
Eric,
I suggest not disabling it so quickly, maybe let it try 5 times across a few hours, just in case the internet is down or something.

Can you set an event trigger to allow the user to send an alert/notification when the connection fails? At least we will know to go look at it.

Today I finally got around to looking at it... enabled it again but it still would not control my doors. Re-entered user/pw, no go. Even though your plugin showed it as connected, it seemed that the gateway was not connecting to the internet after I rebooted the gateway. Is there a way you can 'see' if the gateway is communicating properly - and indicate an issue if it is not?

thx!

log:
I'll look at adding some triggers when it loses connection to the internet. I'll also add some actions to disable the service or pause the polling. This way the users can define their own responses to internet outages.
Old September 13th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfetty View Post
I'll look at adding some triggers when it loses connection to the internet. I'll also add some actions to disable the service or pause the polling. This way the users can define their own responses to internet outages.
You rock, thank you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old September 15th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Seer

Quote:
I'd suggest a slightly different approach to this. What I have experience a couple of times now, once when updating the firmware on my router, and another one that I suspect was a maintenance window for my internet service, is that the plugin in it's current form is fairly sensitive to these and ends up disabling the service I'm using.

I could see a couple different and possibly more reliable solutions to this. One would be to have a preference that can be checked for service in addition to the enabled preference to indicate that it should not be disabled by the plugin due to failed login attempts. Another one would be to keep track of which services a device created by the plugin is using in wherever you're storing the data the associates the devices with the plugin, and if there are devices which use that service, don't disable it due to failed login attempts.
Old September 15th, 2017, 11:53 AM
Seer Master

I love the idea, I'll see what I can do along these lines. The reason for the disabling in the first place is because I'm getting complaints that when the service is unreachable and the plugin continues to try to reach it anyway, it's creating instability in the homeseer system. So I need some mechanism to pause or stop polling while the service is unreachable.

What's your thoughts on the this logic below?

Old September 15th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Seer Plus

That looks logical to me.
Old September 15th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Seer

Quote:
What's your thoughts on the this logic below?
Just a though:
What about a 30s, 1m,2m,5m,10m retry instead of jumping to 30m pause?
Old September 16th, 2017, 07:39 AM
Viewer

Further support of the need for change

The MyQ plugin stops working too frequently for me. It stops if I reset the router on the home network. It stops if the ISP has a hiccup in the middle of the night. Attached is a screen shot of log entries. This has happened twice already this week.
Attached Images

Old September 16th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smottonen View Post
The MyQ plugin stops working too frequently for me. It stops if I reset the router on the home network. It stops if the ISP has a hiccup in the middle of the night. Attached is a screen shot of log entries. This has happened twice already this week.
Understood, that's why we're discussing changing the current logic.
Old September 16th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeO3 View Post
Just a though:
What about a 30s, 1m,2m,5m,10m retry instead of jumping to 30m pause?
I can put this in place. I may skip the 30sec value though.