Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does TTS with Squeezebox Plugin not work on HS6 running HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. The plugin uses the HS3 scripting API SpeakToFile to generate the audio file to be spoken, then uses the lame app included in HS3 to generate an MP3 file and both of these will control the format of the generated audio file. The selected voice used by the SpeakToFileAPI and the lame arguments which are specified in the SqueezeBox plugin configuration are critical to format of the generated audio file (frequency, sampling, etc) as done in the prior post.

Comment

lame options

added:
      -f -b128
      to TTS MP3 Lame options in the Speak Proxy tab.

Now playing speech with PiCorePlayer. Sometimes response is slow.
      Need some more testing, at least I have sound :-)

update: max2play does not work :-(
      Last edited by Yoja; December 2, 2016, 09:56 AM.

Comment

slow response

Hi,

TTS works for all the rapsberry pi max2play devices.
        (I set Streaming Method in LMS to Proxied Streaming)

The strange thing is, the response when speaking is sometimes very slow.

Does anyone have a clue why? I really like this plugin, This is the only thing that I can't get working properly.

yoja

Comment

Originally posted by Yoja View Post
          Hi,

TTS works for all the rapsberry pi max2play devices.

(I set Streaming Method in LMS to Proxied Streaming)

The strange thing is, the response when speaking is sometimes very slow.

Does anyone have a clue why? I really like this plugin, This is the only thing that I can't get working properly.

yoja

Try to locate the mp3 file that is generated in h3 html then in squeezebox plugin filder and play it a media player to ser if sliw as well.

Comment

hi,

whe i try Tts from hs3 linux i get that from the log
            Code:
            Jun-27 5:15:19 AM	 	Error	Compiling script /tmp/K3.vb: 'End Namespace' must be preceded by a matching 'Namespace'.
            Jun-27 5:15:19 AM	 	Error	Compiling script /tmp/K3.vb: Identifier expected.
            Jun-27 5:15:19 AM	 	Error	Compiling script /tmp/K3.vb: Expected 'End'.
            Jun-27 5:15:19 AM	 	Error	Compiling script /tmp/K3.vb: End of statement expected.

i am trying to call this immediate script command :

Code:
            &hs.Speak "hello, test, test, one, two, three", False, "LMS:*"
            and when i try to create a speak event with LMS:* it does not work and no file is created in the squeezebox folder
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
              hi,

whe i try Tts from hs3 linux i get that from the log
              Code:
              Jun-27 5:15:19 AM	 	Error	Compiling script /tmp/K3.vb: 'End Namespace' must be preceded by a matching 'Namespace'.
              Jun-27 5:15:19 AM	 	Error	Compiling script /tmp/K3.vb: End of statement expected.

i am trying to call this immediate script command :

Code:
              &hs.Speak "hello, test, test, one, two, three", False, "LMS:*"
              and when i try to create a speak event with LMS:* it does not work and no file is created in the squeezebox folder
              https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...77&postcount=1

Comment

My lms speaker are not set to 0 in the hs3 device management page.

I have a custum linux built with ubuntu 18.04 x64 with intel i5 6600 non k cpu. (Sorry posted in the wrong thread)

The lame package is also installed.

I tried the option with speak event. There is no error in the log and no mp3 file created . But i see the tts event in the log this way.

Edit :Just tried adding a n the the beginning of the command but got the same error

Comment

Tts was working with Sonos , so i don’t know what step i am missing here.

I will use alexa for tts with the openhab binding for now. But that solution is far than optimal. In the mean time , if someone have a clue about this feel free to comment

Comment

Got it working!

I didnt realise you were talking about the ''SPEAK'' volume'' . Shame on me..lol

So i was assumed it was the conventional ''SPEAKER'' volume.

Now it works.

yes the voice is king of funny. But i'll chel if i can change it it the future.

Need to wait tomorow for more testing because everybody's sleeping here

edit:
                    is it normal i am hearing two times the begining of my texte to speech? Thank

Edit 2: When i desyncronise the speaker or when i select a unique source of speaker.. There problems do not appeears. I will go more deeply tomorow!!
                    Last edited by ; June 28, 2018, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X