X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    @Mark ...did another HTop look see here with HS3 running on V357

[ATTACH]63383[/ATTACH]
    I've been running on v326 now for a couple of days and my load averages look normal now, as does the CPU temp. My roll-back also reverted my plugins, so it may very well be one of them that's the culprit. I'll update them on 326 one at a time and monitor for at least 24 hours before moving on to update the next one.

-M.

Comment

Never really paid much attention to logging out of Homeseer.

Today I did and see this on browser window with both Zee-Lite and HS3 Pro machines running on Linux and I log out.

Code:
      <!DOCTYPE html>
      <html><head><meta http-equiv='Refresh' content='2; url=/' /><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
      </head>
      <body>Logged Out, redirecting</body></html>
      It doesn't take me to a login prompt.

I have to refresh the screen to go to a login prompt.

This is using Firefox. Not sure about Chrome

Ethernet static IP settings on the Zee-lite computer have never worked for me and I never touch them these days. They do not reflect what is configured.

Most of time an issue is raised here on the forum about messed up IP's or loss of connectivity on the Zee the answer I see here all of the time is to use DHCP and then statically assign the DHCP address on the router which is really a mickey mouse answer to this issue.

This is running Homeseer 3 Zee (lite) on the RPi2 (wheezy or jessie) and Pine64 2Gb machine, AMD 2Gb mini PC doing Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.

If I make changes here in the Homeseer GUI then it hoses my OS configured Ethernet set up.

Only thing correct on the attached is the IP. The mask is wrong, gateway is incorrect and the DNS is incorrect.

I am using a /25 subnet here.

[ATTACH]63432[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]63433[/ATTACH]
      Last edited by Pete; September 19, 2017, 12:34 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHargrove View Post
        I've been running on v326 now for a couple of days and my load averages look normal now, as does the CPU temp. My roll-back also reverted my plugins, so it may very well be one of them that's the culprit. I'll update them on 326 one at a time and monitor for at least 24 hours before moving on to update the next one.

-M.
        I have all of my plugins updated to current versions and my load averages and CPU temps are all normal. Normally, I'd now move back to 357 and test again, but I see 362 is already out.... :-)

-M.

Comment

Ever since upgrading to version .357, HS3.exe has crashed at least once per day. I never had any issues with the previous version doing this. I also tried .362. Same issue. I would like to roll back but I don't know what version I was running. I do the updates all of the time, so, is there someplace in a log file I can determine what version I was running? Is there someplace I can download it.
          Thank you in advance.

Comment

is there someplace in a log file I can determine what version I was running?

Thinking the log is continuous so you might be able to find out. Common used release version was 318, 297.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Im not sure if this is related to this build, but however. I noticed that my external use of json no longer works.

I use this format:

It gives me
              You do not have permission to view this directory or page.
              If I try the same url in a browser, i get a popup asking for credentials, if I enter the same there as I have in the url. I get logged in.

Did something change here? I see the same result when sing Myhs.

Comment

Which build are you using? V.357 ==> V365?

Ended up from OP here going to V.357 and yesterday updated to V.365

New updated build now is at V.365 and a new post which started at V.362.

See here: Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.362

Here just tried the JSON stuff above locally in my LAN and it worked OK. That said I do not know about external to LAN on the WAN access.

hxxp://serverip:xyzport/JSON?user=xxxxx&passs=yyyyy&request=getstatus&ref=62

[ATTACH]63460[/ATTACH]
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

3rd party plugins

Upgraded the VM running HomeSeer yesterday and so far good, but some issues I'd like to check:

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.357
                  Linux version: Linux homeseer 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.43-2+deb8u5 (2017-09-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 10 Hours 28 Minutes 35 Seconds
                  Number of Devices: 106
                  Number of Events: 54
                  Available Threads: 98

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  3.0.1.137: Z-Wave <----- This is a beta release

The VM has one CPU core.
                  Debian Version: 8.9
                  Mono: Mono JIT compiler version 5.2.0.224 (tarball Mon Sep 18 17:33:46 UTC 2017)

When going to Plugins -> Manage, many 3rd part plugins take a long time to refresh and some eventually time out. HS plugins refresh fine, so it seems to be that HS3 has to communicate with 3rd party servers to get the plugin status? This seems a bit strange to me.

The other issue is that HSPI_ZWave.exe runs at no less than 6% CPU and 12% memory (Out of 1 Gb).
                  After restarting HS, the Z-Wave plugin goes back to using 6% CPU but memory utilization goes down to about half of what it was before.

Comment

Check your password. If it has characters like #, you need to escape them like "%23".

Originally posted by gjelsvik View Post
                    Im not sure if this is related to this build, but however. I noticed that my external use of json no longer works.

I use this format:

It gives me

If I try the same url in a browser, i get a popup asking for credentials, if I enter the same there as I have in the url. I get logged in.

Did something change here? I see the same result when sing Myhs.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Okay, I've had reports of a couple of users having huge problems with the update.

Apparently the update to .357 erases all Z-wave devices!

Are these isolated cases?
                      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

First I have heard of this. I don't see how the update could do that, we don't have any function that erases devices from the database. In fact, you can safely delete the z-wave database file and the plugin will re-create them from the info In HS.

In any event, the errors in 357 are fixed and we testing build 366 for release.

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                        Okay, I've had reports of a couple of users having huge problems with the update.

Apparently the update to .357 erases all Z-wave devices!

Are these isolated cases?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          First I have heard of this. I don't see how the update could do that, we don't have any function that erases devices from the database.
                          That's what I thought. I'll see how it goes.

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          In fact, you can safely delete the z-wave database file and the plugin will re-create them from the info In HS.
                          Yes, I've been telling them this, glad to see it's not wrong.
                          However, as far as I can see, the devices are actually missing from the HomeSeer hsd database, which (to me) does not make any sense.

Unless HS is interrupted during shutdown or something like that...?
                          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Right, we do not delete any devices automatically.

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                            That's what I thought. I'll see how it goes.

Yes, I've been telling them this, glad to see it's not wrong.
                            However, as far as I can see, the devices are actually missing from the HomeSeer hsd database, which (to me) does not make any sense.

Unless HS is interrupted during shutdown or something like that...?

Comment

Been running on 357 for about 13 days now.
                              Everything fine with my system.

In fact... I notice a few things are noticeably faster response (snappier)
                              Of note: Vista 20P responses and commands
                              Squeezebox Commands

Anyone else notice a system improvement?...
                              it could just be a fluke on my end.. But it is definitely noticeable. I don't think I've done anything else except update system to 357

Running on Win7 virtual machine (virtualbox) , 2Gig Ram

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              2.0.5.0: BLAlarm
                              1.0.13.0: BLAudioMatrix
                              2.0.47.0: BLBackup
                              2.0.2.0: BLGamepad
                              2.0.5.0: BLGarbage
                              2.0.127.0: BLRadar
                              3.0.15.0: BLReminders
                              2.0.91.0: BLRF
                              3.1.1.19842: Blue-Iris
                              2.0.22.0: BLUPS
                              3.1.4.15: SqueezeBox
                              3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
                              3.0.6440.19101: UltraMon3
                              3.0.0.15: Vista Alarm
                              3.0.0.73: weatherXML
                              3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
                              Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

I` m getting the following error when starting HomeSeer

Code:

24-9-2017 01:06:19 ~!~Z-Wave~!~Database: Opening (Mode=Read Only) up HomeSeer database C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave2.db
                                24-9-2017 01:06:20 ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Error, Exception in GetZWNetworkS: disk I/O errordisk I/O error
                                24-9-2017 01:06:25 ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Error copying current Z-Wave database file to backup file, please SAVE your CONFIG directory as a backup.
                                24-9-2017 01:06:25 ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Error is Data error (cyclic redundancy check). for file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Backup\Z-Wave2_5.db
                                This might be caused by a reboot due to windows updates The file Z-Wave2_5.db is not found in the folder so the CRC warning look correct to me. But where did my file go and how do i fix this issue?

Due to this issue i`m unable to change look/change Z-Wave associations because they are grayed out. The Nodes also seem to stopped notifying the controller (or the controller is ignoring the messages)

Update:

I took the following steps for some sort of work-arround

- Shutdown HomeSeer
                                - Rename the Z-Wave2.db to Z-Wave2-old.db
                                - Restart HomeSeer

This is the new log output

Code:
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Info~!~Plugin Z-Wave has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49819
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~InitIO called, plug-in version 3.0.1.87 is being initialized...
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave Warning~!~Z-Wave database file does not exist, so a new database is being created in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave2.db
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~Created new database C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave2.db
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~8 event actions were loaded from HomeSeer.
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~0 event triggers were loaded from HomeSeer.
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~465 Simple AV Control Command Class Control Commands have been loaded successfully.
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in Z-Wave
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: ======================================================================
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~    Initializing Z-Wave interface UZB (Sigma Designs UZB) on COM15    
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~Starting 'Z-Wave Health' Process Starter for  (Network XXXXX)...
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: The Z-Wave Command Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.

24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: The Z-Wave API Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
                                24-9-2017 01:41:46 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Getting node information from controller...

24-9-2017 01:41:49 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Controller Manufacturer: PowerLynx, ID=0x1, Type=0x4
                                24-9-2017 01:41:49 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Controller firmware version: 5.6

24-9-2017 01:41:50 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Z-Wave services for the SECURITY COMMAND CLASS were successfully started.
                                24-9-2017 01:41:50 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Z-Wave Serial API version: 5
                                24-9-2017 01:41:50 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Z-Wave interface node ID: 1, Home ID: XXXX
                                24-9-2017 01:41:50 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Found 37 Z-Wave nodes in interface node ID 1 (UZB)
                                24-9-2017 01:41:50 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Z-Wave PC Controller Library Version: Z-Wave 4.05 (ZDK 6,51.6)
                                24-9-2017 01:41:50 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: Z-Wave PC Controller is Type: Static Controller
                                24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~The interface's security support has been set.
                                24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB Controller chip type is ZW050x.
                                24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB Controller is static lib.
                                24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB There is a SUC/SIS in the network.
                                24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB is the SIS for the network.
                                24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: ......................................................................
                                24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: .............................. FINISHED ..............................
                                24-9-2017 01:41:51 ~!~Z-Wave~!~UZB: ......................................................................

24-9-2017 01:41:58 ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~GetConnection error Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave2.db-journal' is denied.
                                24-9-2017 01:41:58 ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~ERROR, Z-Wave Data object 0 failed to be updated or added to the database.
                                Last edited by raymonvdm; September 23, 2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X