X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch send event to change screen

Hi,
    I'm using an HStouch event to change screen on my Droid tablet. The second event "Test" trigger fine but the frist event is not changing screen, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Aldo
    Attached Files

Anyone being successful doing it?

Thanks,
    Aldo

Comment

The only way I could get it to work was to a broadcast.

So, I send a command to a button "showscreen_deviceName" and I change devicename to which device it is.

Then I send push button on ALL clients, but only the one with that button will press.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I use hidden and/or visible buttons to change screens with a 'simulate release' from HS...
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

My current projects don't use it, but I used to have a Caller ID screen on all my touch screens, and I had "Show Screen By Itself" going to all clients. It worked fine. Of course, that was many versions of HSTouch ago. I was going to re-implement it on my current projects when I got time, so I'm hoping it still works.

Steve

Comment

Your response is very much appreciated, I will try this week. Does anyone know why the event built into HSTouch would not trigger the screen change? it is a nice feature, too bad does not work.

Thanks,
            Aldo

Comment

Steve, please keep me posted, maybe is something that is easy to fix and HS does not know about that is broken.

Aldo

Comment

Dan, without bothering you too much, could you please send me the print screen of that event that you have and if you could, the button created in the HSTouch designer.

Thanks,
                Aldo

Comment

Kind of a kludge, since what I've got there is my test code...I couldn't find the exact thing you needed, I'm kinda busy, right this second, but this should give you the idea.

The capture of the action box is under "when released".

The top one shows a few events that I was messing about with. Basically, that is how I do all of my actions. TP2 is my old touch pro 2, and TPRO is my older Touch Pro. Since you can't seem to send one directly to a specific client. For you, in the action editor for the button you care about, just put in show page by itself. I do the same as most, and have all these "special" buttons on a hidden page, which then allows you to use them just as anchors for the events.

If you need more, let me know I'll dig a bit more.

--Dan
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by drozwood90; August 6, 2012, 12:44 PM. Reason: clarity
                  Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Thanks Dan, I will try it tonight.

Aldo

Comment

It must be something that I'm overlooked. Could you please take a look at these screen and let me know what I'm missing?

Thanks,
                      Aldo
                      Attached Files

Comment

It looks like the element name is "Label 003" but your event is looking for "Label003"
                        Try using label names without spaces and see if that works.

Comment

Something so simple and I overlooked it . Thank you, I could spend hours figure it out.

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                            Something so simple and I overlooked it . Thank you, I could spend hours figure it out.

Aldo
                            No problem - I've done it myself too

Comment

Thanks. I'm moving on to the next step. I would like to wake up the client when it is sleeping. When I send the event to the screen it does not come on. How did you fix it ?

Aldo

Comment

Working...
                              X