Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.357

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    What OS are you running on? Does it work if you disable your firewall if one is in use?
    I'm running Windows 10.

I do have a network firewall but nothing changed and besides this would only apply to a different machine trying to connect to the HS machine. The HS machine itself has no firewall running. Again, I cannot access HS on its own machine using its own IP address. Only the loop back address.

Comment

Originally posted by tahl View Post
      I'm running Windows 10.

I do have a network firewall but nothing changed and besides this would only apply to a different machine trying to connect to the HS machine. The HS machine itself has no firewall running. Again, I cannot access HS on its own machine using its own IP address. Only the loop back address.
      Which browser are you using? We've seen many issues using Edge on W10. Try using Chrome. There are also several firewall rules built into W10 for incoming and outgoing requests.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp is correct. Edge needed modification to work with the local host. It has been fixed in later builds, but the flag may not be set. There have also been recent reports that updates have disabled it. Type about:flags in the browser bar then make sure localhost loopback is enabled.

Edge (and Explorer, Safari and Firefox) all work fine here, but like Rupp suggested try Chrome - it seems to be more consistent, but they all work.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hmmm.

@rupp, well, like I said it worked before with Edge but the new build will not work with Edge with a IP address other than the loopback address. So what's changed.... Also, Windows firewall turned off.

In any case, it does work with Chrome.

@rprade, "local host loopback" was already checked.

Don't understand but it now appears to work....

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ben pownall View Post
            My log was showing this earlier this morning when i tried to connect from two different devices. ipad hstouch and then hstouchdesigner on same pc

Sep-09 12:34:33 HSTouch Server Client has DISCONNECTED.
            Sep-09 12:34:33 HSTouch Server Client (192.168.1.96/52290) has raised LineDisconnected or was forced closed.
            Sep-09 12:34:33 HSTouch Server Warning Client dropped connection 192.168.1.96/52290
            Sep-09 12:34:33 HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.1.96/52290
            Sep-09 12:33:28 HSTouch Server Client has DISCONNECTED.
            Sep-09 12:33:28 HSTouch Server Client (192.168.1.96/52289) has raised LineDisconnected or was forced closed.
            Sep-09 12:33:28 HSTouch Server Warning Client dropped connection 192.168.1.96/52289
            Sep-09 12:33:28 HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.1.96/52289
            I upgraded from 318 to 357. Now, HS3Touch in my iPhone can't connect to HS3. The plugin page says hstouch is now built in. I lookedin settings and looks fine. Sigh! Suggestions?

Comment

Same problem for me, hoping the HS people will advise, probably after the weekend though

Comment

How long does the update takes ?

I started my update about 45 minutes ago and this is still going on

Is the update stuck? Should I restart the computer ?

Comment

Check your settings on the iPhone and the settings on Homeseer.

Go into Tools-Network and ensure the HSTouch User Settings have not reverted to default settings. On the iPhone HSTouch client settings ensure that settings have not changed either.

Also remember to uninstall the HSTouch plugin before updating.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                    Check your settings on the iPhone and the settings on Homeseer.

Go into Tools-Network and ensure the HSTouch User Settings have not reverted to default settings. On the iPhone HSTouch client settings ensure that settings have not changed either.

Also remember to uninstall the HSTouch plugin before updating.
                    I did not uninstall the HSTouch plugin before updating (would've been nice if
                    the upgrade did the uninstall automatically, if the plugin would be problematic
                    when HS3 takes over the plug-in's functionality). I shutdown HS3
                    and removed C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_HSTOUCH.exe. Is this
                    the file to manually remove?

I double checked my HS3 and HSTouch client settings, and they're fine (they haven't changed). Years ago, I changed HS Touch port to a non-default value by modifying C:\ProgramFiles\HomeSeer HS3\Config\hspi_HSTouch.ini. It looks like HS3 is still using the port that I specified in this file. The HS3 startup log says "HSTouch Server Server started on port <the port I put i hspi_HSTouch.ini>".

So, anyway, still stuck with HS3Touch on iPhone not working. It says "Attention HSTouch is unable to connect to your system...". I have 3 different settings
                    in my HS3Touch client: one using My HomeSeer, a second for when I'm on a remote network that uses my DDNS host name, and a third for when I'm on my local LAN. All 3 types of connections used to work (but I normally used the 2nd one, which uses my DDNS host name). After upgrading to 357, none of these 3 connection methods work.

Comment

Plugin Will Not Delete

I have a plug-in that refuses to uninstall - I tried BLMusic found it didn't work (no control via player buttons - no virtual devices would create). Now, I can hit the red "X" and it acts like it is gone but upon HS restart, it reappears!

Comment

Here removed one plugin using explorer (well file manager in Linux) and doing it in pieces starting at the Homeseer root and going to all of the subdirectories with Homeseer in off mode.

You can see where these files go by looking at the install text file. (Homeseer root, bin, data, log, html, et al).

Many times the plugin creates same named as the plugin sub directories. For Windows you can also look for the plugin in the Windows program installation set up as it will be separate from main Homeseer program. (if the author has included it with the install of the plugin).

It is a PITA and the red "X" doesn't do this as far as I know. Best to ask the author any how.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

What is at fault? The beta version of HS? This is not good behavior - I would rather someone acknowledge it will be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by tahl View Post
                            Hmmm.

@rupp, well, like I said it worked before with Edge but the new build will not work with Edge with a IP address other than the loopback address. So what's changed.... Also, Windows firewall turned off.

In any case, it does work with Chrome.

@rprade, "local host loopback" was already checked.

Don't understand but it now appears to work....

Thanks.
                            I have read from one person here and a couple on other forums about people checking the flags page, finding it set correctly and after they went back to the local IP address it started working. Did yours start working after you checked the flags page?
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Relating to the update for Homeseer 3 lite running on Linux the update or a restore after an update takes about 15 minutes.

If running from Windows all that is needed is Putty and WinSCP.

The Homeseer installation is just an unzip of the Homeseer directory anywhere you like in Linux and it is just running a Homeseer executable. Very simple and basic. This is different than the installation of an update to the Linux OS or Linux software. Personally want to get to my goal of an update as soon as possible.

1 - backup of Homeseer 3 (long math way - copy Homeseer3 directory to back up directory) - did the same for Homeseer 2 running on Windows Server many years ago - just relating to updates of Homeseer / plugins (different than the scheduled 3 AM backup stuff). Here the Homeseer 3 lite directory is around 256Mb.
                              2 - shut down Homeseer 3
                              3 - SSH to box from a laptop or desktop running whatever OS.
                              4 - either using the update HS script or manually doing the update.
                              a - wget update HS3 V.357
                              b - untar / unzip update files - 4 minutes total maybe
                              5 - reboot of the box to a running Homeseer 3 v.357

If it doesn't work the restore can be done in 15 minutes and I will be at the point before the update not needing to run any restoral scripts to reverse the changes.

I do not understand ( I am befuddled) the issues if any relating to Homeseer Touch server as Rich has mentioned it is now integrated and part of the Homeseer 3 base of Homeseer 3 lite, Homeseer 3 standard and Homeseer 3 Pro.

The Homeseer 3 lite (Zee) box is headless and here just utilize Firefox on whatever computer to check that the Homeseer web GUI is running and doing a quick glance at the HS3 start up logs.
                              Last edited by Pete; September 10, 2017, 01:17 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Can you remove the port setting from the ini file then restart HS3 and see if everything works ok? I have not tried an alternate port so not sure if that is working properly. Is there a reason you cannot use port 10200?

Originally posted by randman View Post
                                I did not uninstall the HSTouch plugin before updating (would've been nice if
                                the upgrade did the uninstall automatically, if the plugin would be problematic
                                when HS3 takes over the plug-in's functionality). I shutdown HS3
                                and removed C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_HSTOUCH.exe. Is this
                                the file to manually remove?

I double checked my HS3 and HSTouch client settings, and they're fine (they haven't changed). Years ago, I changed HS Touch port to a non-default value by modifying C:\ProgramFiles\HomeSeer HS3\Config\hspi_HSTouch.ini. It looks like HS3 is still using the port that I specified in this file. The HS3 startup log says "HSTouch Server Server started on port <the port I put i hspi_HSTouch.ini>".

So, anyway, still stuck with HS3Touch on iPhone not working. It says "Attention HSTouch is unable to connect to your system...". I have 3 different settings
                                in my HS3Touch client: one using My HomeSeer, a second for when I'm on a remote network that uses my DDNS host name, and a third for when I'm on my local LAN. All 3 types of connections used to work (but I normally used the 2nd one, which uses my DDNS host name). After upgrading to 357, none of these 3 connection methods work.
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X