Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That error has something to do with HSTouch, can you load build 364 and post any error:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_364.msi

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
    Much better, thank you. However, with 363 I get an error during startup and the error repeats every 25 seconds or so:

Code:
    08:06:05:3626:[HSTouch Server]->Server started on port 10200
    08:06:05:4034:[Startup]->HStouch server started, waiting for clients to connect.
    08:06:05:4288:[Web Server]->Local IP address is: x.x.x.x
    08:06:05:4349:[Web Server]->Web Server started on port 80
    08:06:05:4384:[Web Server]->UPNP Discovery started
    08:06:05:4660:[Startup]->Start automation engine...
    08:06:05:4707:[Startup]->Initializing Speaker Client Interface
    08:06:05:4811:[Speech]->Listening for remote speaker connections on port 10401
    08:06:05:4953:[Database]->Opening (Mode=Read/Write) up HomeSeer Energy database /HomeSeer/Data/Energy/Energy.hsd
    Program exception: 20-9-2017 08:06:05

Specified cast is not valid.

HomeSeer version: 3.0.0.363

Source: Scheduler

Target: Void cfd126dc22649054e668c25ba373a0e5a(System.Object)

Stack trace:

at A.ccbdc96391d2f873f9c7f76d835409e30.cfd126dc22649054e668c25ba373a0e5a (System.Object cc1a76d1c59261e22fedcb6b19068e3d5) [0x00000] in <649533d281fe4dfd9808382ecdcd26d7>:0
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (System.Object state) [0x00025] in <204f770036d441bb8dfd3daba3550e83>:0
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean prese$
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncC$
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x0002b] in <204f770036d441$
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart (System.Object obj) [0x0000f] in <204f770036d441bb8dfd3daba3550e83>:0

08:06:07:9481:[Startup]->Updater services starting...
    08:06:07:9522:[Startup]->Starting Find service...
    08:06:07:9623:[Startup]->Powerfail Recovery will take place in 30 Seconds
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      The problem with build 362 has been fixed. If you would like to try build 363, the files are uploaded and you can manually update. We are testing and so far it looks good. Will release tomorrow if all looks ok.
      That's done now. .363 running on Raspberry Pi3 under Raspbian Scratch with Mono 4.6.2 and all looking fairly stable at the moment. Hopefully you have all the problems ironed out now.

Comment

Loaded .364, plugin update still hangs and won’t complete.
        Windows10
        Znet

ADDENDUM: Well, plugin update DOES finally complete after about 3 minutes, but I also found 10 3rd party plugins are offline.
        Last edited by prnorton; September 20, 2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

A bit confused. If .362 is on hold then why did HS3 (Windows) just find it and want to update when rebooting? I found this thread after the fact so it's already been upgraded.

Comment

Because I forgot to remove the control file, ugh. That update file has been removed now.

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
            A bit confused. If .362 is on hold then why did HS3 (Windows) just find it and want to update when rebooting? I found this thread after the fact so it's already been upgraded.

Comment

Because I forgot to remove the control file, ugh. That update file has been removed now.
              I grabbed the 364 .msi linked above and updated to that.

Comment

The process does slow down when 3rd party plugins go offline. That is an issue we are working to resolve. Soon we will have a plugin author portal where author's can manage their plugins. From there, they upload their plugins to our server so all plugins are in one place. That will greatly speed up the updater.

However, each plugin is fetched in a separate thread so even though some may not be responding, the initial display of the updates should be pretty quick. It appears quickly from here.

Comment

The process does slow down when 3rd party plugins go offline. That is an issue we are working to resolve. Soon we will have a plugin author portal where author's can manage their plugins. From there, they upload their plugins to our server so all plugins are in one place. That will greatly speed up the updater.

However, each plugin is fetched in a separate thread so even though some may not be responding, the initial display of the updates should be pretty quick. It appears quickly from here.
                  Thanks, Rich, I figured it was the 3rd party plugins slowing it down. I live so far out in the suburbs that my internet speed is a slow 10 Mbps, and that makes a big difference when it updates.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                    That's done now. .363 running on Raspberry Pi3 under Raspbian Scratch with Mono 4.6.2 and all looking fairly stable at the moment. Hopefully you have all the problems ironed out now.
                    Plugin server spinning around again. One of my plugins throwing errors as a result. I'll wait till the server settles down and report back.

Comment

3-4 or so of the third party plugin sites are outside of the United States. That said my ping times to the EU, UK and pacific rim are much longer than the domestic web site.

10Mbs should be fine. My secondary ISP connection maxes out a 6Mbs and does fine.

IE: the ping times (and Trace route) are the same here using main 100Mbs connection or backup 6Mbs connection for the international sites.

Test it yourself.

websitehome.co.uk
                      homeseer.du-pre.com
                      www.domogeek.ca
                      bbmessenger.hobby-site.com

I had to create a white list in my PFBlocker (geoblocker) configuration to let the above mentioned sites pass through the firewall. These sites / IPs are on the MaxMind internet IP block list today.

traceroute websitehome.co.uk
                      ae-6.bb-c.bap.rhr.de.oneandone.net (212.227.120.49) 141.129 ms 141.264 ms 141.250 ms

traceroute google.com
                      ord38s04-in-f14.1e100.net (172.217.0.14) 11.754 ms
                      209.85.251.241 (209.85.251.241) 15.367 ms 15.433 ms
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        3-4 or so of the third party plugin sites are outside of the United States. That said my ping times to the EU, UK and pacific rim are much longer than the domestic web site.

10Mbs should be fine. My secondary ISP connection maxes out a 6Mbs and does fine.

IE: the ping times (and Trace route) are the same here using main 100Mbs connection or backup 6Mbs connection for the international sites.

Test it yourself.

websitehome.co.uk
                        homeseer.du-pre.com
                        www.domogeek.ca
                        bbmessenger.hobby-site.com

I had to create a white list in my PFBlocker (geoblocker) configuration to let the above mentioned sites pass through the firewall. These sites / IPs are on the MaxMind internet IP block list today.

traceroute websitehome.co.uk
                        ae-6.bb-c.bap.rhr.de.oneandone.net (212.227.120.49) 141.129 ms 141.264 ms 141.250 ms

traceroute google.com
                        ord38s04-in-f14.1e100.net (172.217.0.14) 11.754 ms
                        209.85.251.241 (209.85.251.241) 15.367 ms 15.433 ms
                        Absolutely Pete. Similar response times from here off a 360mb/s connection at my end.

I'm a little bit dubious about the whole concept of 3rd party plugins being stored on remote servers. In fact 3rd party plugins worry me slightly.

Quite a few people choose HS as a solution based on the strength of a particular plugin. I'm curious to know what happens to the user who pays $35 for a particular plugin only to find that the developer decides to cease development/support.

I'm sure HS have clear policies to cover this situation but how can you possibly control this.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                          Absolutely Pete. Similar response times from here off a 360mb/s connection at my end.

I'm a little bit dubious about the whole concept of 3rd party plugins being stored on remote servers. In fact 3rd party plugins worry me slightly.

Quite a few people choose HS as a solution based on the strength of a particular plugin. I'm curious to know what happens to the user who pays $35 for a particular plugin only to find that the developer decides to cease development/support.

I'm sure HS have clear policies to cover this situation but how can you possibly control this.
                          Developers going AWOL is not unknown and you are up the proverbial if there is an issue that comes up if you are using it, a prominent developer sadly died some years ago so it is not necessarily intentional that a developer stops supporting a plugin and there can be all sorts of reasons they can no longer be supported. It is one of the reasons I don't charge for the plugins I write...I'm afraid without third party plugins HS would be quite restricted in what it could do so they are here to stay.

I store mine on a remote server as I then have control of what I release, if I don't I have to email HS and (I appreciate this position should be changing) wait for them to host it. I know they are busy as I sent a request for a plugin to go in the updater on the 28/08/17 and I am still waiting, not a problem for me as I don't get any income from it but the people that do could be missing out financially by relying on someone else to host them.

Comment

When we get the developer portal finished that will fix the plugin download issue. Should be out in couple of weeks or so, testing it now.

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                            Developers going AWOL is not unknown and you are up the proverbial if there is an issue that comes up if you are using it, a prominent developer sadly died some years ago so it is not necessarily intentional that a developer stops supporting a plugin and there can be all sorts of reasons they can no longer be supported. It is one of the reasons I don't charge for the plugins I write...I'm afraid without third party plugins HS would be quite restricted in what it could do so they are here to stay.

I store mine on a remote server as I then have control of what I release, if I don't I have to email HS and (I appreciate this position should be changing) wait for them to host it. I know they are busy as I sent a request for a plugin to go in the updater on the 28/08/17 and I am still waiting, not a problem for me as I don't get any income from it but the people that do could be missing out financially by relying on someone else to host them.

Comment

That is excellent news!

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

Thanks for that mrhappy. Puts a more balanced viewpoint on the situation particularly as you are not directly benefitting from your labour.

Of course the unforeseen happens in life but the world is full of "get rich quick" merchants and as soon as they have the money they're gone. Clearly you're not one of them.

I've tested software for many over the years and I've seen them come and go. Usually the "next big tech startup" types who startup and windup as quickly.

I clearly cannot bust someone's balls if they give me the use of a product free of charge. What I can do is insist that a product that I have paid for is fit for purpose.

Thanks for your comments mrhappy.

Comment

Working...
                                X