same room tts when using voice command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same room tts when using voice command

I am not sure the best way to describe this. with speakers and a kinect in each room, is it possible to have the computer(tts) reply to know which room the voice command originated from and reply to that room only instead of the whole house i.e if i issue a voice command in the kitchen, the computer would confirm command on the kitchen speakers instead of all rooms which would be weird and confusing if i issued a command and my wife heard the confirmation in another room even though she did not issue a command.

What is your speaker setup?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      What is your speaker setup?
      ceiling speakers in 9 rooms connected to 9 amps>9 usb sound cards on a computer running 9 instances of squeezelite and 9 remote instances of hsspeak

Comment

I think you're going to have to make 9 sets of events. I have similar pains with 6 sets of speakers.

Comment

I think you're going to have to make 9 sets of events. I have similar pains with 6 sets of speakers.
          what would the event look like and would you have to specify the room in the command to hear the confirmation on that rooms speakers only?

Comment

What I would do is create 9 event groups, one for each room. In one I'd make all of my Kinect events for that room and then copy them to the other 8 rooms and adjust the triggering Kinect and speaker accordingly. The Kinect events would be whatever you want them to be. So lets say in the living room group you have an event to turn the light on via Kinect as the trigger. You'd then have the actions be to turn the light on and then have your living room speaker system speak your message as the actions. Does that all make sense? Have you thought about getting a Russound amp? It would really make all of this a lot easier using BLSpeech. An AB8SS might be good too. Those have BLSpeech integration.

Comment

Although i don't use a Kinect for this (XAP800) i had the same problem. With a xap800 you can detect which mic is triggered and act upon it. In the end i stepped away from this because it wasn't reliable enough for me. Instead of making tons of events i use the room in each attention phrase like "Attention computer in the kitchen!" and i do the actions based on the passed room.
              - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
              HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
              PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

What I would do is create 9 event groups, one for each room. In one I'd make all of my Kinect events for that room and then copy them to the other 8 rooms and adjust the triggering Kinect and speaker accordingly. The Kinect events would be whatever you want them to be. So lets say in the living room group you have an event to turn the light on via Kinect as the trigger. You'd then have the actions be to turn the light on and then have your living room speaker system speak your message as the actions. Does that all make sense? Have you thought about getting a Russound amp? It would really make all of this a lot easier using BLSpeech. An AB8SS might be good too. Those have BLSpeech integration.
                i think that makes sense. i will have to try that. i thought about russound but didnt like the price tag associated with it. I started going down the xap800 route, i have 2 of those with inwall mics, but testing so far has been abismal.

Comment

do create the even can i use the built in even creation or do i need to write a script?

Comment

No scripts are necessary I couldn't script my way out of a paper bag. Just make events.

Comment

Working...
                    X