This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Interface Database

Does the function on the Main Config page "Update Interface Database" mean it will perform the function "Read Device Links and Settings" found on the Device Config page, only do so for ALL the devices? When I went through my recent troubles, my device database reverted to an old version that had my old PLM interface listed, and it showed up under "The following are unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network." ...and did so for each device. But instead of deleting that link entry in each device, I did a "Read Device Links and Settings" and it brought the database nicely up to date. I'd like to be able to hit one button and have ALL the devices update their links and settings. Is that what "Update Interface Database" is for?

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Update Interface Database will add missing links to the PLM. it does not read links for devices.

there is no single button to read all the device links. that would be an time consuming operation. As long as you use the plugin to manage device links, the plugin should be up to date.

Creating links manually at the devices, or resetting a device would require re-reading the device links.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

OK thanks.

Jim Speiser
      38-year veteran of Home Automation
      Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
      X