X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Door - IO Linc and Keypadlinc question

Hey all,

I want to use Keypadlinc Button B to open and close my back garage door. When Button B is on (lit) the garage opens and stays open, when I turn off button B, the garage closes. I have Button B set to toggle, and the IO Linc is currently set to Momentary C like it shows in the IO Linc manual. It doesn't seem to work. It is only triggering the garage door to open or close on the ON command. Not closing on OFF and opening on ON. Hope that makes sense. Any ideas?

Kerry

I do the exact thing and it works just like you ideally described. I hope this helps, see print screen.

Aldo
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't quite follow your link table. How did you get Button B to be a controller for the sensor? I can only make Button B a controller for the Relay.

Comment

Sorry I forgot to append the other device. Let me know if this helps.

Aldo
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
          Sorry I forgot to append the other device. Let me know if this helps.

Aldo
          Thanks! One last thing, can you show me the setting for the Insteon Group you created for it?

Comment

I don't know what I am doing wrong here but the garage door will only close with an ON command. Not with an OFF. I matched your settings like for like.

Comment

I am using Non Toggle On for the Button Mode. That will make the light go on or off based on the status of the garage door. Also, are you using a sensor on the garage door to tell if the door is open or closed? If so, then you need to create links like these on your Keypadlinc: (My button uses Button C)

Link #23 Button C controls Insteon Garage I/O Linc (15.BB.8B)
              Link #26 Button C controls Insteon Garage I/O Linc Output Relay (15.BB.8B)

Button C is controlled by Insteon Garage I/O Linc Input Sensor (15.BB.8B) - On Level : On

I am using Button C to open and close my garage door. When I push button C, the light on the button will stay lit and the garage door will open.

When I push Button C to close the garage, the light will go off when the garage is fully closed.

I also don't have these items checked:

Sync linked responder devices

Automatically shut Off HS device when in Momentary Mode

And I use Momentary C.

Also, I set the closure time on the I/O Linc to 2.0 seconds.

Do a search on the forum for my name and somewhere I explain how I set mine up.

Thanks,
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by klebel View Post
                Thanks! One last thing, can you show me the setting for the Insteon Group you created for it?
                I don't think I have setup groups, I assume the plugin uses it by default in case you like to setup groups. The only thing you may want to revisit is the wiring in the garage? The configuration I gave you has been working for several years it should work.
                Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X