www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Gaming Related Plug-ins > Gaming Related Discussion > Kinect (3P)

Kinect (3P) Discussions related to the Kinect plugin for HS3.

Old May 8th, 2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob View Post
Hi Spud,

I just tried upgrading from 3.0.0.41 to 3.0.0.43 via the updater and I receive this error message:

Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_KINECT.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_KINECT.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Kinect, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

The plugin no longer shows as an installed plugin on the plugin manager. I can still attempt to update it by expanding the Additional Interfaces option on the Plugin Manager screen but get the same error each time.

Thanks,
John
you need to install the Kinect for Xbox 360 drivers, that you can find in the User Guide thread, on your HS3 machine even if there isn't any Kinect sensor connected there.
Old May 8th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Seer Master

That's weird. I have been running the kinect plugin with no problems for a year on this machine but only got this error when I upgraded from 41 to 43.

Looking at the installed drivers and I could not see that the SDK was installed (sure I did it when I transferred to this machine)

Anyway, I ran the SDK installer and it now shows up in the Installed Programs list and the plugin starts up ok.

Sorry to trouble you. I was convinced all the drivers were ok as I was already running the plugin. In fact, I have updated it several times this past year without issue. Very strange.

All good now.

Cheers,
John
Old May 8th, 2016, 10:38 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob View Post
That's weird. I have been running the kinect plugin with no problems for a year on this machine but only got this error when I upgraded from 41 to 43.

Looking at the installed drivers and I could not see that the SDK was installed (sure I did it when I transferred to this machine)

Anyway, I ran the SDK installer and it now shows up in the Installed Programs list and the plugin starts up ok.

Sorry to trouble you. I was convinced all the drivers were ok as I was already running the plugin. In fact, I have updated it several times this past year without issue. Very strange.

All good now.

Cheers,
John

It's not just you. I have been running the Kinect plugin for maybe two years and never had to install it on my HS3 machine until now. I was seeing the same errors as you. I read this and installed the software on my HS3 machine and now all is normal again.

@ Spud,

Maybe an announcement should be made that this update will require installing the driver on the machine that is host to HS3?
Old May 9th, 2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-F View Post
It's not just you. I have been running the Kinect plugin for maybe two years and never had to install it on my HS3 machine until now. I was seeing the same errors as you. I read this and installed the software on my HS3 machine and now all is normal again.

@ Spud,

Maybe an announcement should be made that this update will require installing the driver on the machine that is host to HS3?
I fixed this problem in version 3.0.0.44, this version can be loaded on a machine where the kinect drivers are not installed, like version 3.0.0.41 could.

it should be in the updater soon
Old May 9th, 2016, 08:13 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
I fixed this problem in version 3.0.0.44, this version can be loaded on a machine where the kinect drivers are not installed, like version 3.0.0.41 could.

it should be in the updater soon
Spud, is this a mandatory update? If so where do I get it?
BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
AP800,Honeywell Stat

Last edited by Rotech; May 9th, 2016 at 08:54 PM.
Old May 9th, 2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotech View Post
no it's not mandatory
it is attached to the first post of this thread, and will be in the updater soon
Old May 9th, 2016, 08:56 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
I'am sorry spud, l meant if we needed to update drivers? For existing installs.
Old May 10th, 2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
I'am sorry spud, l meant if we needed to update drivers? For existing installs.
no you don't need to update drivers.