Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Control a Lights with Alexa

I'm confused.
    I can turn on the Master Bedroom lights on with no issue by saying "Alexa, Master Bedroom Lights on"
    I cannot turn on my daughter's lights by saying, "Alexa, Clares Bedroom Lights on"
    I even changed her room name to Clare instead of Clares with no change. I did have the Alexa app relearn the devices and her lights do show up in the device list as: Clare Upstairs Bedroom Lights. If I say, "Alexa, turn the Clare Upstairs Bedroom Lights on," that will work.

What am I missing? Saying all that syntax seems a bit much.
    Dan-O
    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

All of my Alexa commands work by saying "Alexa, turn on the kitchen lights." Where the device is at the end of the command.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Dan-O,

I found I had to really play around with the names to get consistency. She is easily confused!

Try eliminating or changing entire words. All my device names are shorter than your example.

Also, I don't know if this was just an oversight, but you said "Alexa, Clares Bedroom Lights on" does not work, but mentioned that the device name was "Clare Upstairs Bedroom Lights".

Regards,
      Vector

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
        Dan-O,

Also, I don't know if this was just an oversight, but you said "Alexa, Clares Bedroom Lights on" does not work, but mentioned that the device name was "Clare Upstairs Bedroom Lights".

Regards,
        Vector
        HS added the floor to the name in the Alexa app.
        I just removed the floor from the device properties and retried, still no luck. Alexa found the newly re-named device but it still says, "I found several devices with the name," when I try to control them.

I'm trying to get this to work because I just added Alexa Dots in their rooms. I'm looking forward to when we can push voice to the Alexa devices.
        Dan-O
        HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Working...
        X