Ugh. Noob here. Zee S2 acting buggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh. Noob here. Zee S2 acting buggy

I love this thing when it works. I hate it when it doesn't.

This is a controller on a vacation rental, and is 4 hours away from me. I don't have ability to go sit in front of it now, I am recovering from surgery and my mobility is limited.

Because I need this for door lock codes, I'm terrified to screw this up. As is, it is limping along right now.

Here are my open list of issues :

1) Log file is reporting the following :

Apr-04 5:30:33 PM Warning If this system is not on a network, disable UPNP in Setup. If HS2 is also running, disable UPNP on that system.

Apr-04 5:30:33 PM Warning UPNP Discovery is not running, most likely your PC does not have a valid IP address, will try to enable later: Invalid arguments

2) For some reason, the time and date on the Zee S2 is not updating correctly on my web interface page. For instance, it is reporting that the door was last opened on Jan 28. It was actually opened today, April 4. The time of day clock is also being reported correctly. Oddly, note above that the log file knows the correct time.

3) While I can currently set new door codes (I think), and can adjust the thermostat. However, I can no longer turn on and off a light switch in the house. It is locked on, and I can not turn it off. How do I go into the web interface to "optimize" all the nodes?

4) I'm tempted to tell it to download new firmware or to do a restart. I am afraid that I will screw this up further and lose all access to it. Thoughts?

Any guidance you might provide would be thankfully received!

-f-

Current Date/Time: 4/4/2017 5:09:13 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.258
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 7 Hours 51 Minutes 57 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.5
    Number of Devices: 41
    Number of Events: 10
    Last edited by NMTrout; April 4, 2017, 06:37 PM. Reason: Added system info.

1) Log file is reporting the following :

Apr-04 5:30:33 PM Warning If this system is not on a network, disable UPNP in Setup. If HS2 is also running, disable UPNP on that system.

Apr-04 5:30:33 PM Warning UPNP Discovery is not running, most likely your PC does not have a valid IP address, will try to enable later: Invalid arguments
    I would not worry about the above errors. For some reason the Zee S2 when restarted will use a "Default" config file and if you have unselected the the "System is Discoverable using UPNP" it will default selected. I also lose my Lat/Lon and Time zone settings. I had to go into setup on the Zee and reconfigure it properly and then save a copy using putty by copying the file to a safe location. When it defaults back I putty in and overwrite the default config.

2) For some reason, the time and date on the Zee S2 is not updating correctly on my web interface page. For instance, it is reporting that the door was last opened on Jan 28. It was actually opened today, April 4. The time of day clock is also being reported correctly. Oddly, note above that the log file knows the correct time.
    Not sure about the bad date unless the device did not update properly. This does happen on occasion on door locks, they act up alot.

I can no longer turn on and off a light switch in the house. It is locked on, and I can not turn it off. How do I go into the web interface to "optimize" all the nodes?
    What does the log say when you attempt to turn the light on or off? You should see a CAPI command issued and an error if the device is unresponsive.

I would not "Optimize" all devices for this problem. You may create more problems than you fix. I would select the light device from the device page and go to the Z-Wave tab. When there select the button to "Test Connectivity" to determine if the device is responsive. If it works you could try to optimize this device.

Hope this helps
    Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob,

Oddly, I don't have a Zwave tab for that device. I have Config, Advanced and Status Graphics. No Zwave tab.

Actually, it appears that I have lost the Zwave tab on everything. What the heck?

It's not just the light switch that has bad dates. It's every single one of my devices. They range from Sept 2016 to January 2017.

The entire log is full of upnp errors.

I may see if I can get my housekeeping crew to go over and do a power cycle on it for me.

Comment

Try going to the Plug-ins Manage page and turning off the ZWave PI. Wait a few seconds and turn it back on. After it restarts you should see a messing that says that Polling has started.

Bob

Comment

Is the Z-Wave device a USB stick or internal GPIO card?

Maybe if it's a usb stick it fell out?

For time here I run a cron job which sets the time as often as scheduled. Thinking I have mine scheduled for once a day.

You could also have a willy nilly SD card that might be going with bad read writes to it.

I had this issue of corrupting the SD card on the first Homeseer Zee. The one I purchased was a bigger SD card but it only ran for 6 months before it got trashed.

The new Zee 2 RPi2 is going fine still with the original 16 Gb fast SD card I installed it it.

Best to make an image copy of the running system and tape it to the cover of the Zee for emergencies. I do that here.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

When you do have access to it, I would suggest backing it up and then upgrading. There have been many bug fixes since 3.0.0.258. To solve the z-wave issue, you may need to delete the z-wave2.db file in the \data\z-wave sub-folder and then restart. Which version of the z-wave plugin are you running?

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
            X