Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLLogMonitor and Windows 7

Blade,
    I moved my set up from an XP machine to Windows 7. W7 has a different place where the log files are kept:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\logs\HomeSeer.log
    I changed the BLLogmonitor set up to indicate the new path.
    I also went to my events and made sure the new path was part of the trigger.
    For some reason it is not working, though it worked for me in Windows XP (C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Logs\HomeSeer.log)
    for years.
    Any thoughts you can share to get me going again?
    Thanks
    Jono

When I enable BLLogmonitor I get these errors in the log:
    9/2/2012 4:46:39 PM - BLLogMonitor start - BLLogMonitor plugin has been initialized
    9/2/2012 4:46:38 PM - BLLogMonitor start - Debug logging is Enabled!
    9/2/2012 4:46:38 PM - BLLogMonitor start - Loaded configuration successfully
    9/2/2012 4:46:37 PM - BLLogMonitor Error - DetailedFileWriter.WriteDetailedLog(): Caught this exception - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    9/2/2012 4:46:37 PM - BLLogMonitor Error - DetailedFileWriter.WriteDetailedLog(): Caught this exception - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    9/2/2012 4:46:37 PM - BLLogMonitor start - Initializing BLLogMonitor...
    9/2/2012 4:46:37 PM - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: BLLogMonitor
    9/2/2012 4:46:37 PM - BLLogMonitor start - BLLogMonitor version is: 1.0.20.0
    9/2/2012 4:46:37 PM - BLLogMonitor start - Register Callback completed

Is it possible that BLLogmonitor can't deal with parentheses in the path to the log file? Windows 7 uses Program Files (x86) in the path. Please help, I miss my log monitoring.

Comment

I took the parentheses out of the path just to see what would happen, but I got the same error. Perhaps my problem is something else.

Comment

I was able to resolve this issues with Blade's help. Turns out, if AVG antivirus software was running, BLLogmonitor does not install correctly. The fix is to temporarily disable AVG, then install BLLogmonitor, then re-enable AVG.

Comment

I have used NOD32 for over 9 years and never had any issues with it
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
          X