MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artstein View Post
    Although I'd have one wish, to be able to "add all" from the left column to the queue. This would enable adding an entire album or collection from an artist of genre quite easy.

If I do an "Add To Playlist" while viewing an album, without selecting a song, it will put the album, or artist or playlist title in the right column, but it's apparently only a container, not the contents. That would be the only functionality that could improve what you've got there.
    I wish I had it as well but the jsQuery components that HS3 provides does not have a multiselect option (or at least didn't have it), which is a big letdown. I could add an "add all" button, so that may alleviate the burden some.
    It is a good suggestion if a container was added that I would drill down to all the items and add them to the queue.
    In a more recent version of HS3, a double click feature was added so I could use that to add items but it gave me problems and dropped it for time being.

This happens if I try to play an album title (container) that's been added to the queue...

Error in CheckQueue for device = MCXX Windows Media with unknown class = ctUnknown and ObjectID = 036D8F5B and Title = Big Generator and UDN = 6143dfd6-563c-4db5-aae2-197c11f7ceb7
    Interesting, need to have a look at it, why class is unknown although I guess that's what I should have expected for non "item" objects. I'll do some further enhancements over the weekend.

I also noticed that the left column no longer scrolls. Is that intentional/mandatory? I have a rather large media collection and it gets a little lengthy when listing things like "All Artists" LOL
    this broke again. There is something with latest changes in HS3, I changed it last night, undoing some changes and it all seemed to work. Perhaps the question here to ask is which HS3 version are you running? I can tell that changes have been made between version (we have bug reports raised for this - missing scrollbars)

Dirk

Comment

One quirk I just noticed, it seems to be repeating each track in the queue twice as it goes through shuffle... Not quite sure why, but if I push it manually (hit next track button) it will go to the next track without repeat. As if whatever mechanism triggers at the end of a track play, doesn't quite get the next track in time or something.

Comment

Looks like I need to check my HS3 version, LOL

Looks like 3.0.0.96 ... I'll have to check on latest version.

UPDATE... Looks like I have the latest version.

Comment

One quirk I just noticed, it seems to be repeating each track in the queue twice as it goes through shuffle... Not quite sure why, but if I push it manually (hit next track button) it will go to the next track without repeat. As if whatever mechanism triggers at the end of a track play, doesn't quite get the next track in time or something.
          Have a look at it over the weekend, including the scrolling bars

Dirk

Comment

While you're at it, I also noticed that the HS devices are not always updating, reflecting things like shuffle, repeat, song titles, player status, etc... Seems rather random and I have no log indications of what's happening with that.

Comment

While you're at it, I also noticed that the HS devices are not always updating, reflecting things like shuffle, repeat, song titles, player status, etc... Seems rather random and I have no log indications of what's happening with that.
              Turn the polling options on, it means the player is not sending autonomous events

Comment

Seems the order in which HS3 and WMP are fired-up makes a difference there.

Comment

Seems the order in which HS3 and WMP are fired-up makes a difference there.
                  I have a sneaky suspicion about what exactly is going on, specifically with WMP. For some bizarre reason they send certain messages with the proper IP address but some towards the loopback interface. Your observation is very helpful to have me put more focus on what the heck WMP is doing . For time being turning on polling should work

Dirk

Comment

Yeah, that seemed to work as far as the devices updating properly, now there's just that repeat dealie

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                      Yeah ill change the hs player state conditions to the media controller ones and see if it behaves better.
                      Then I'll check those reentry errors. I've updated the TV firmware recently?

Cheers
                      J

Hi Dirk,
                      Sorry it took a while, just got round to it tonight. I was on an early version 3.0.0.6. Anyway, on the latest now and the re-entry errors are gone.
                      All looks good, and nice playlist feature!
                      Cheers
                      J

Comment

By the way, I did notice something else about that "repeat dealie" I mentioned before... When manually pushing it to the next track when running shuffled, it seems to hit the next track for about a second, then skip ahead yet another track... In essence, it seems to repeat if you let it go and jump ahead 2 tracks if you manually tell it to go to next track.

Hope that helps

Comment

By the way, I did notice something else about that "repeat dealie" I mentioned before... When manually pushing it to the next track when running shuffled, it seems to hit the next track for about a second, then skip ahead yet another track... In essence, it seems to repeat if you let it go and jump ahead 2 tracks if you manually tell it to go to next track.

Hope that helps
                          Well my gut feel about what might be going on with WMP turned out to be wrong. It is just not sending events for specific actions like changing volume, changing track position. So I rewrote parts of the PI and now the polling is always turned on, so nobody has to bother about which player works properly and which doesn't.

I found a couple of issues with shuffle which I corrected, one of them might have something to do with what you describe, however, that should affect shuffled and ordered play, not just shuffled.

I've now moved on to other things I want to clean up or improve. Plan to send a new version to HS tonight so it should hit the updater hopefully by tomorrow.

Dirk

Comment

Awesome! Again, thanks for your work on this... It's really great for house audio use!

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Trying the latest version of the plugin and it's working well with an LG TV, a Pioneer Receiver and a WD Live media player. Great work!

Is it ok to change the Location 1, Location 2 and device name for the devices created by the plugin, or do they need to be named a certain way for the plugin to find/use them?

Thanks
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I don't know if this helps your debugging or not, but the repeat and skip track issue with WMP is also present when NOT in shuffle mode. Just thought I'd mention that.

Comment

Working...
                                X