Using vera as a zigbee controller and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using vera as a zigbee controller and more

As of today I have a nyce motion sensor and 2 visionic mct-340 e window sensors. I have 7 ($20 a piece) more visionic coming in on Friday. So far so good.

I am also using it as a middleman in between voxcommando and HS3. This is allowing me to have natural voice commands inside of my network. Setting up a virtual switch and a corresponding scene to toggle the v switch off. I probably could do json stuff from voxcommando, but to me this is easier as I already had all the components handy.
    Voxcommando has android and android wear clients. It allows me to give commands in whatever words I want inside of my network.
    If anyone is interested in how this is possible, go ahead and ask me. I just wanted others to know that the PI can do some extra things that homeseer users might not know about.

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
    As of today I have a nyce motion sensor and 2 visionic mct-340 e window sensors. I have 7 ($20 a piece) more visionic coming in on Friday. So far so good.

I am also using it as a middleman in between voxcommando and HS3. This is allowing me to have natural voice commands inside of my network. Setting up a virtual switch and a corresponding scene to toggle the v switch off. I probably could do json stuff from voxcommando, but to me this is easier as I already had all the components handy.
    Voxcommando has android and android wear clients. It allows me to give commands in whatever words I want inside of my network.
    If anyone is interested in how this is possible, go ahead and ask me. I just wanted others to know that the PI can do some extra things that homeseer users might not know about.
    How do you like the NYCE sensor?

Comment

I didn't get the ceiling one, I got the other. Holy moly the thing is small. I have it against the wall and the door jam and it is still nondescript. I have it set up with a ecolink z-wave for an occupancy lighting ( https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175851 ) and it has worked. Granted in a limited timeframe, but the 2 are working great.
      I might get another one and test it against my cats.......
      Only issue is the price, I can get a fibaro or multi sensor 6 that have more capabilities for an equalish price.

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
        I didn't get the ceiling one, I got the other. Holy moly the thing is small. I have it against the wall and the door jam and it is still nondescript. I have it set up with a ecolink z-wave for an occupancy lighting ( https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175851 ) and it has worked. Granted in a limited timeframe, but the 2 are working great.
        I might get another one and test it against my cats.......
        Only issue is the price, I can get a fibaro or multi sensor 6 that have more capabilities for an equalish price.
        As for the Fibaro and the NYCE cost wise. Yes you can. Can the Fibaro match the speed and reset time of the NYCE... Nope. I have both and have tested so many motion sensors it makes me sick. That one stupid NYCE motion sensor was my motivation for the Vera plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
          As for the Fibaro and the NYCE cost wise. Yes you can. Can the Fibaro match the speed and reset time of the NYCE... Nope. I have both and have tested so many motion sensors it makes me sick. That one stupid NYCE motion sensor was my motivation for the Vera plugin!
          Honestly I cannot argue this. My fibaro and the mutli6 are on front/back patios that i want all the features. The nyce is new and it is working. Me doing a real test inside my less than 1000 ft 2br home might not be fair.
          I will say this in my testing the zigbee to HS via vera has been very responsive. I was testing the windows sensors and it was good enough to order 7 more after testing.
          I will not shy away at this point to include vera working zigbee into my equation.

Minus the vera problems....I know where to place blame.

edit: my 1950's florida home is still standing tall!
          Last edited by keithj69; July 4, 2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X