This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still can't get it to work...

I've gotten back on this project again and here is where I stand.

I can see the devices and control them from the OnQ Units and Devices page and all my Thermostats and temp sensors work fine. What I can't do is see any of the devices in the status page. I also don't know how to Add Device because there is nothing listed in there that says ONQ Switch or anything.

UPDATE: I can see the switches I added in the status but they don't control the ALC switchs through the OnQ controller. How can I make the switches show up in the status?

I'd also like to use the status of the switchs to trigger events but can't see any switchs listed.

Thanks for any input.

Here is a screenshot of some errors I get as well...
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is an update:

I uninstalled everything and removed all the files and folders in the homeseer directory.

I get the On-Q plugin installed and it talks to the panel fine at first. When I go through naming the devices and thermostats, it seems to freak out. The On-Q setup page says Unauthorized and so does the On-Q devices page. It worked fine before the naming of the On-Q devices.

It also seems to hang in the logfile at Getting Panel Configuration.

Any help would be appreciated!

BTW, running 2003 Server with SP1, 3.0 Ghz, 1 Gig Ram.

Chris

Comment

OK. I have another server that I was going to use for my DVR system for my security cameras that didn't have an OS on it so I'm installing XP Pro on it and will try using it for Homeseer instead. I'm wondering is 2003 Server was causing a problem...

Since I'm using Airpanels with this computer, XP makes more sense anyway...

Comment

Chris,

Naming/renaming things should only be done after the plug-in has been configured and proven to communicate with the panel successfully - this is because one of the pieces of configuration data is the number of zones, units, thermostats, etc. that you use. If you tell the plug-in you are using 10 of 16 zones, then the zone name page only displays 10 zones. If you have not configured that, then there is nothing to display - hence the need to have the plug-in up and running before you change names of items.

The unauthorized page is due to your having saved the configuration and not enabled your web user to access the configuration page. If you shut down HomeSeer and then edit your hspi_HAI.ini file in the config directory and erase the lines that start with "WEBUSER-" and then restart, you can immediately go to the HAI configuration page and set up the security access configuration that you want for your web users. An alternative method is to shut down HomeSeer, edit hspi_HAI.ini, and on the line that starts "WEBUSER-username" where username is your web user name, change it to True,True,True,True to give that user access to all of the HAI web pages.

You can consult the HAI web help for further information:

Code:
          http://(homeseer hostname:port)\HAI System Plug-In\WebHelp\Web_Security_Configuration.htm
          (Replace HAI with OnQ for OnQ plug-in WebHelp)
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
          X