APCUPSD Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APCUPSD Script

Jon, I've been using your APCUPSD script to read status information from the service. I wanted to ask you some advice though. I don't get a lot of runtimeout of my UPS, 20 min or so. How often do you get your script to run to pick up accurate data? I mean, in normal conditions I run mine every 3 mins, which is fine, but in power outages, 3 min is a lot of time.

I just wondered how you make use of the script to get more granular detail into HS when the UPS goes onto battery.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

I've never used this script as it was written for someone else. As a suggestion you could use the low line voltage trigger script/event functionality. This would trigger another event with a shorter recurring time to run the UPS script. You could also disable the existing event that runs the script if you wanted. This could be reset back to normal when the line voltage returns.
    Jon

Comment

OK, we were thinking along the same lines, thanks very much Jon - will implement that way. Thanks for a great script though, very useful as I'm running HS on a VM (so no USB support) and have multiple servers running off the UPS.
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

One thought, you may need to check on startup that you have the slower event enabled...just in case homeseer is shutdown by the UPS due to lack of battery capacity.
        Jon

Comment

Working...
        X