Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Issues

Hi All,

Just in the process of moving my install to HS3. HS3 is all installed and appears to be 'working'.

A few little things I'm stuck on. I've done a search and kind first answers, so my apologies if these have been covered. (Is there a bug list somewhere?)

- When adding an X10 Interface, I had to set it to TI103/213 and set some options, then put it back to CM110 Compatible before it would work. Just installing the interface and setting to CM110 results in a missing X10.ini file and no commands are sent/received. This is the only way I could get it talking.

- When adding or editing a device, if I modify the settings in "Status Graphics" then add the device, the device code is wiped out.

- If I add a device and forget to set the X10 code, it cannot be added later as the X10 tab dissapears. I have to delete the device and start again. (Why is there two codes anyway?)

- Is there any way to change the size of the status graphic on the home page, it appears to be 32x32 and is rather large, adding lots of wasted space between the rows. I tried using a smaller graphic, but it just resized it larger.

- I can't seem to find a way to add a device type for devices? If I add an X10 device for example and set it's device type. Then save the device. The device type is not shown in the list. I also can't see anywhere to modify the device types available as you could in HS2.

- When using the ZWave / X10 Interface, you get a command window opened for each one. Same for the initial startup window. Is there any way to hide these? I use the server for other things and it's annoying to have all these windows open or in the task bar. HS2 used to hide in the icon bar.

Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by MFULLER; December 4, 2013, 10:13 AM. Reason: Change Title

Hi MFuller,

I'm encountering also the same kind of "strange behaviour".

Just for info, the device type entered in the second tab (text field) is not displayes in the Type column of the device view BUT is still usable/referenced in the "filter" column header (which is really usefull).

Thierry

Comment

I've also just noticed that I keep loosing my custom status string.

I am beginning to regret buying HS3. Seems buggy as hell at the moment and not at all intuitive.

Comment

OK, this is getting very annoying.

I've just shutdown and restarted, and now everything is in triplicate (3 of every device). I deleted the duplicates, restarted and they are all back again.

Comment

I'm giving up and going back to HS2.

Homeseer Tech.. if you could please comment on my issues, that would be appreciated. It would be nice to know what is/is not being worked on.

- When adding an X10 Interface, I had to set it to TI103/213 and set some options, then put it back to CM110 Compatible before it would work. Just installing the interface and setting to CM110 results in a missing X10.ini file and no commands are sent/received. This is the only way I could get it talking.

- When adding or editing a device, if I modify the settings in "Status Graphics" or the X10 thab then add the device, the device code is wiped out.

- If I add a device and forget to set the X10 code, it cannot be added later as the X10 tab dissapears. I have to delete the device and start again. (Why is there two codes anyway?)

- Is there any way to change the size of the status graphic on the home page, it appears to be 32x32 and is rather large, adding lots of wasted space between the rows. I tried using a smaller graphic, but it just resized it larger.

- I can't seem to find a way to add a device type for devices? If I add an X10 device for example and set it's device type. Then save the device. The device type is not shown in the list. I also can't see anywhere to modify the device types available as you could in HS2.

- When using the ZWave / X10 Interface, you get a command window opened for each one. Same for the initial startup window. Is there any way to hide these? I use the server for other things and it's annoying to have all these windows open or in the task bar. HS2 used to hide in the icon bar.

- On restarting I am getting duplicates. If I delete the duplicates, they just return on restarting HS3. This may be due to the process of adding a device. (Workaround: I think I worked out why they would come back despite being deleted. After I delete a device I have to navigate away from the home page for the changes to save. If I delete the devices, then shutdown HS3, they will come back. If I delete them, then go to a different page, then shutdown, they stay gone)

For reference, this is what I am having to do to add a device.

Click Add Device.
          Enter Device Name, Set settings on Configuration tab.
          Click Status Graphics and change custom strings/graphics.
          Click X10 and add x10 code. Hit done to save the X10 settings.
          At this point, the custom strings are wiped, so go back into the device and re-add custom strings.
          Click on the configuration tab (because if I dont the address is wiped) and click done.

My setup is not a complicated one. I am only using X10 at the moment and only have about 25 devices. This shouldn't be difficult. But, I am finding HS3 unusable. I've been a Homeseer customer for many many years, and I've never seen such a poorly implemented bit of software. It feels buggy and amateurish. Sorry HS, but I came to expect more from you, especially after you did such a great job on HS2 (My migration from HS1 to HS2 was painless!)

Comment

interesting.. im running x10 mainly.. and do not see these issues..

the only issues im having is i can control a light switch from HS. an event will turn it off.. but wont turn it on... weird...

hope ya get it figured out..

few things on regretting buying hs3....

1. if you got it on sale.. good then worth it
            2. you are running a beta... thus this IS expected....
            3. the changes between HS2 and HS3 are so much better now.... and will be once out of beta...

just stay running HS2... you can run HS3 on that same box.. as they are in different folders. Just dont have HS2 up while HS3 is up (only if you expect to use controllers that are in both else your fine to run both)
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

X10 Issues

To be honest, I didn't realise HS3 was still in beta. My HS2 has been running solid for years, and I kinda got out of touch with Homeseer as it just worked.

I happened to go onto the Homeseer website today and noticed HS3 for sale (no hints of it being a beta) so purchased it. If I had known it was still in beta, I would have waited. I'm a fairly technical person, so I can only imagine what sort of opinion a non-techy would have after having paid for and downloaded HS3 in its current state.

Comment

Here I have left two HS2 boxes running (untouched) and testing HS3 Zee and HS3 Pro on Ubuntu and HS3 Pro running on Wintel.

The above noted I tested the CM11A device (have a few spares) on both the HS3 Zee and HS3 Pro running on Ubuntu and HS3 Pro running on Wintel and it worked fine for me.

Recently have tested the UPB plugin. I tested the plugin on all three boxes plus tested it to run in remote mode by itself on whatever other boxes (Linux and Wintel) and it works fine for me so far.

I am doing baby steps to get familiar with HS3. I have connected up to three hardware interfaces to one HS3 Pro box. Mostly though just testing one plugin / few scripts at a time. I have though left my HS2 boxes as is for the time being.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                  2. you are running a beta... thus this IS expected....
                  Just curious about the terminology. Is a release candidate still a beta? At what point in the development cycle is it fair for buyers to hold the product to a higher standard? Just asking.

Gary

Comment

Some of the strange behavior in X10 has been reported on Bug 1243 and is being worked on. The latest X10 plugin seem to have made matters worse. All the X10 stuff was working well for me up until a few days ago. The only problem that has bugged me for a long time is the X10 plugin shuts down about once a day and tries to restart with com port issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X