TADO Intelligent Thermostats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TADO Intelligent Thermostats

Has anyone tried a TADO Thermostat http://www.tado.com/gb/ now available in the UK? Could it be interfaced with HS?

Scott

One of my mates has one and is pretty impressed with it, the app looks nice and it was easy to install. There appears to be quite a lot of functionality built into the app though so if you went down the HS control route you might lose some of that, no public API that I'm aware of so no way of getting HS control without some very very hard work. http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9027 seems to suggest the more people who ask for it the bigger the chance.

Comment

Cheers MrHappy - I'll have a root about and see what I can find out.... I have been trying to integrate my Worcester RF thermostat with an Arduino but am struggling to get replicatable RF capture, probably due to the much cheapness of the sound card and RF receiver!

Scott

Comment

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but in meanwhile the public API of Tado is available.

https://support.tado.com/hc/en-gb/ar...pment-Roadmap-

I'm aware the app itself has a lot of functionality already, but I would like to see at least some of it in Homeseer, like the actual temperature and setpoints.

Is there a developer interested writing a plugin for it?

Comment

Originally posted by TeTTiweTTi View Post
          Sorry to dig up this old thread, but in meanwhile the public API of Tado is available.

https://support.tado.com/hc/en-gb/ar...pment-Roadmap-

I'm aware the app itself has a lot of functionality already, but I would like to see at least some of it in Homeseer, like the actual temperature and setpoints.

Is there a developer interested writing a plugin for it?
          Where do you see the API? On the page you referenced I see only that they have planned to launch an API in the future? Could be that I'm not looking in the right place?
          Nicolai L

Comment

ow... exactly. I looked over the word "planned" on the site....

but there is already a lot of experimenting going on with the API of TADO

https://github.com/wrtsprt/tado
            http://blog.scphillips.com/posts/2016/01/the-tado-api/
            https://github.com/WebSpider/tado_domoticz

So, these are all hacked versions then?

Comment

Yeah, I think there are people out there that have worked out some of the functionality that is available.

For me however, as I don't have a TADO system and therefore don't personally have an immediate need for a plug-in I wouldn't want to start working off an unoffical API. Worst case that work could be wasted if they shutdown the API for some reason.

Once a formal API it out and if there is a real interest within the HS commuity I would happily consider writing an plug-in.
              Nicolai L

Comment

if that's the case I understand your point.
                You have at least already my vote.

a direct integration with Z-wave is not on the development roadmap according the helpdesk of TADO.

The cannot give an ETA on the public API, but propose to access the "Development Tools" by pressing F12 in the browser.
                Which is off course not doable without having the actual product.

Comment

if that's the case I understand your point.
                  You have at least already my vote.

a direct integration with Z-wave is not on the development roadmap according the helpdesk of TADO.

The cannot give an ETA on the public API, but propose to access the "Development Tools" by pressing F12 in the browser.
                  Which is off course not doable without having the actual product.
                  F12 gives you the view of the underlying html code on a web page, so again, they are suggesting we reverse engineer it and come up with the calls/structure to use.

Let's revisit when they eventually get round to launching an API. I'm sure they'll figure out they are missing out on business because they are not open enough.
                  Nicolai L

Comment

Still no public API available...

But the REST API used on the my.tado.com webside is very well documented by now.
                    There is even a phyton library available to control the thermostat
                    http://libtado.readthedocs.io/

Still nobody interested in writing a plugin for Homeseer?
                    I would more than happy to pay for the plugin.

Comment

Still nobody interested in writing a plugin for Homeseer?
                      I would more than happy to pay for the plugin.
                      Its on its way, probably only a few days away from finishing the plugin, then just needs some robust testing, so hang tight and i will go through the motions of getting it into the store.

I am the author of the Tado plugins for both Smartthings and Hubitat, however on those platforms are donationware. and i pretty much get diddly, even when providing support people dont donate. so i am going down the route of a paid plugin as there is always lots of fixing to do when Tado change things which is often.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post
                        I am the author of the Tado plugins for both Smartthings and Hubitat, however on those platforms are donationware. and i pretty much get diddly, even when providing support people dont donate. so i am going down the route of a paid plugin as there is always lots of fixing to do when Tado change things which is often.
                        Great news! Count me in!

I don't have the time not the capabilities to develop this on my own. You authors should get a fair compensation and appreciation for your work.

Comment

ok so the status update is that the core functionality is completed. i am just increasing the debug logging options. and then i will schedule some further testing of the functionality over the coming days then will submit to the store.

The plugin works with the Heating Thermostats and TRV's and the Tado Cooling and Extension kit. i have all the devices to test against. however the only question mark really over functionality is the swing mode functionality on AC devices as my AC doesn't have that capability. so there may be some initial teething problems for those people. but i haven't had any reported issues with my Smartthings and Hubitat Tado plugins, so hopefully be ok, but i would suggest everyone uses the 30 days trial for the plugin and posts and issues and i will fix in the interim.

All things being well will be in the store at some point next week, i will post on here once it's ready for you to trial.

Comment

ok i have finished my testing and have submitted to the store, all looks to be good so far, however this is my first plugin using the Homeseer Thermostat API

please use your trial and flag up any bugs for me to fix.

i've also created a simple user guide
                            this usually takes 2-3 days to publish the version in the store.

Comment

I can see that the Tado plugin is now available in the updater. You can now install and test the trial.

It's still waiting on shop page to enable purchase and the forum to be created for support.

But you should be able to install and test

The user guide is here

Comment

Working...
                              X