All Events Not Run When HS3 Offline, Run After Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Events Not Run When HS3 Offline, Run After Startup

I am seeing a problem after I restart HS3. I run quite a few scripts via events. If HS3 is offline for 10 minutes and I have events that are normally suppose to run every minute, all unrun events will execute at the same time when HS3 restarts. So if there are many events that normally run every minute, I could see 50-100 events triggering all running a script and will begin to get error messages that too many scripts are running at one time. Of course this hammers the CPU time. If I wait, eventually the unrun events will complete and the schedule will settle into its normal schedule. If HS3 is offline for 30 minutes, the number of events that kick-off simultaneously when HS3 restarts is easily in the hundreds.

Is there some setup setting that I need to uncheck (or check) to tell HS3 not to try to run events that did not run when HS3 was offline? Is there some option in each event that I need to check (or uncheck) to tell HS3 not to try to run events that did not run when HS3 was offline? Is anyone else seeing this problem?

HS3 3.0.0.258. (this was doing this when I was running 3.0.0.208 as well.)

-Cliff
    Last edited by cbabkirk; March 15, 2016, 10:53 AM. Reason: Update Topic Line

How often and how long is HS3 offline? There's a setting in Tools > Setup > Power Failure Recovery Settings > Enable event catch-up upon power restoration To turn this off.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HS3 is not down that much. Sometimes I need to restart the computer and rarely there is an update. Occasionally there is a crash.

These are my settings....I think this is off

Enable event catch-up upon power restoration [ ]

Number of hours to catch-up 1

Do not allow scripts to run during recovery [ x ]

At startup, delay recovery by # seconds 60

Comment

Hi Cliff,

Are these recurring events? If so, then it's likely the same issue that's previously been reported as bug 1710 in bugzilla. HST has been trying to resolve this for a while, but haven't been able to reproduce. There is a workaround available using a third party utility.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sparkman,

Yes...these are all reoccurring events. I will check into the bug report and work-around that you mentioned. Not a big issue as it resolves itself eventually but makes me not want to have HS3 off for more than a few minutes at a time. Sometimes if it crashes overnight, it takes quite awhile to flush out when I discover it and restart HS3.

-Cliff

Comment

If it's an issue then you can disable this behavior by un-checking this option: Enable event catch-up upon power restoration

Comment

Hello Rupp,

From my previous post I have not had this option checked from the beginning.

However...I justed posted this in another thread using the solution given by MALOSA for June 29th, 2015 "BUG 1710 FIX* TEMP. (see below)
              ----------
              I got an fix for bug 1710
              http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=1710

If u have a recur trigger and it triggers multiple times after restarting etc , there is a simple solution , i tested it right now and i dont have problems anymore
              Go to your event , disable it first , set up recurring to whatever u want , go to options and select cannot re-run for (the same minutes u entered in the recurring )enable event and check logfile , and it works !! even after restart
              ----------

My post...
              ----------------
              Hello Malosa,
              I tried your procedure on all my reoccurring events. I stopped HS3 for 5 mins. Normally this would produce tons of duplicate triggers of events causing many scripts to execute simultaneously. I
              I no longer have the problem. After the restart of HS3, I saw no duplicate entries in the logs.
              Thanks for your simple and effective solution.
              -Cliff
              ----------------

Thanks to everyone that contributed suggestions.

-Cliff

Comment

No problem , glad to help

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
                Hello Rupp,

However...I justed posted this in another thread using the solution given by MALOSA for June 29th, 2015 "BUG 1710 FIX* TEMP. (see below)
                ----------

If u have a recur trigger and it triggers multiple times after restarting etc , there is a simple solution , i tested it right now and i dont have problems anymore
                Go to your event , disable it first , set up recurring to whatever u want , go to options and select cannot re-run for (the same minutes u entered in the recurring )enable event and check logfile , and it works !! even after restart
                ----------

My post...
                ----------------
                Hello Malosa,
                I tried your procedure on all my reoccurring events. I stopped HS3 for 5 mins. Normally this would produce tons of duplicate triggers of events causing many scripts to execute simultaneously. I
                I no longer have the problem. After the restart of HS3, I saw no duplicate entries in the logs.
                -Cliff
                ----------------

-Cliff

Sended from far far away
                Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
                  Hello Rupp,

----------

----------

My post...
                  ----------------
                  Hello Malosa,
                  -Cliff
                  ----------------

-Cliff
                  Glad this fixed this for you as this bug is biting quiet a few users. Let's hope Rich can find and fix it soon but it's been an elusive bug so far.

Comment

Working...
                  X