This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CasaTunes plugin - Beta Testing

The CasaTunes plugin is designed to allow HomeSeer to control and monitor the CasaTunes Multi-Room Music System

Please read the User Guide for detailed description

Installation:
    • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder in /Updates3/Zips
    • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
    • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the CasaTunes line.
    • click the "Download and Install" button
    • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
    • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Changes to version 3.0.0.9
    - Fixed bug introduced in version .8 which prevent some devices to be updated.

Changes to version 3.0.0.8
    - Artwork images are now downloaded and served from the HS web server.
    - Avoid updating devices when not needed
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spud; April 11, 2018, 01:34 PM.

I thought I would let you know there is a user trialing this plugin - me :-)

some observations

1) the plugin seems to initialize and create devices but continues to say 'INFO: plugin start is pending --edit-- with only this plugin loaded it is aok - I suspect the issue was related to my use of hsbuddy which showed the same. Ignore this for now.

2) wow it created over 220+ virtual devices, given I am new to HomeSeer this was scary - I also note HS3Pro gets sluggish on the device page above about 500 devices? I am not sure yet what my ask would be around this as they were all sensible things to be added at first glance given folks will want access to everything.... and I don't know much about HomeSeer yet,

3)not sure if it is possible to simplify - for example pressing play for a give zone doesn't also turn on that zone (though I note turning off my whole house group does pause the playback)
    More a post to let you know I am here. Not sure what asks I have if any :-)

Comment

Can you make the plugin more CPU efficient?

Another update, this plug in is a bit of a rource hog. My other ~10 plugins run at less than 2% of my docker container processing. This runs around 7%. I was wondering why?

Comment

by default the plugin is polling each zone every 2 seconds, change that to 30 seconds or more from the plugin config page and the CPU usage should decrease a lot.

Also from your number of devices created it seems that you have a lot of zones (13+ ?), if you are not using some of them you should delete them in CasaTunes configuration, and then delete the corresponding devices in HS.

Comment

Hi, Spud.

In the post here, the author notes that the CasaTunes plugin works with other matrix amplifiers, including the Monoprice whole house audio system. Could you confirm this?

Thanks,
          Dave

Comment

I think you're being bitten by the loosey-goosey rules of english grammer. I'm pretty sure the post you quoted means Casatunes Music Server is a great "Front End" e.g. input source for the Monoprice or HTD Lync ampliifers, not that the plug-in works to control those amplifiers.

There are some good plug-ins for the Monoprice Amp on this board, I use one myself.

Comment

Original quote which references the CasaTunes plugin was as follows:

Originally posted by JB-dallas View Post
              There is a CasaTunes plug-in, which is a great front end to Monoprice and several other Matrix amps including HTD Lync
              I agree that the author of the original post was likely incorrect; that's why I came over here to clarify with Spud, in hopes of then going back to the other thread and providing the clarification over there. I use Happnatious' Monoprice plugin as well, and agree that it works great. I own several (5 or 6?) of Spud's plugins too, and think he does excellent work (thanks, Spud!)

Comment

CasaTunes and HTD

I am using the CasaTunes plug-in to control CasaTunes Server CT-4 which controls my HTD Lync 12.
                It works great.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  by default the plugin is polling each zone every 2 seconds, change that to 30 seconds or more from the plugin config page and the CPU usage should decrease a lot.

Also from your number of devices created it seems that you have a lot of zones (13+ ?), if you are not using some of them you should delete them in CasaTunes configuration, and then delete the corresponding devices in HS.
                  thanks will do.

My house has 8 real zones, plus a few airplay zones, all real, all used. I will try the polling trick - thanks!

Comment

Is version 3.0.0.9 ready to be released to the HS Store? Version 3.0.0.7 is still in the store.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGalt View Post
                      Is version 3.0.0.9 ready to be released to the HS Store? Version 3.0.0.7 is still in the store.
                      I forgot to submit this version to the updater, it should have been there a long time ago. Sorry for that!

I just submitted version 3.0.0.10 which is the same than 3.0.0.9 with a small change to fix the directory names where the artwork are downloaded.
                      It will be in the updater soon, I will let you know.

Comment

Working...
                      X