wemos NodeMCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wemos NodeMCU

will you offer support soon for wemos NodeMCU Arduino boards? I have automated a ton of stuff with Alexa and this development board and getting it interfaced to Homeseer would be AWESOME!!

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
    will you offer support soon for wemos NodeMCU Arduino boards? I have automated a ton of stuff with Alexa and this development board and getting it interfaced to Homeseer would be AWESOME!!
    Its easy. If you link in the PubSubClient (https://github.com/knolleary/pubsubclient/) and write your nodemcu code to publish data to homeseer or subscribe data from homeseer, and just use the mcsMQTT plug-in then you can easily integrate the two.

For example, I use nodemcu's to read various sensors, then publish the data via MQTT. Homeseer picks it up into a device and I can then run events based on the value. You'll need a broker on the network and mosquito is a good choice, open source, easy to install and configure etc but its by far the only choice.

Comment

You can interface the NodeMCU with Homeseer at the moment if you use the Beta version of the Arduino plugin.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Originally posted by drmcp
        i had the Beta installed and it found my OEM wemos devices, and did not show my NodeMCU's so i did the upgrade started this post went out cut some wood (i know to much detail) and now i see the NodeMCU in Homeseer but it will not control them, should i down grade my version and if show how uninstall and install Beta i am guessing
        oh yell, no that interface with arduino plug in and wemos don't control servos....

Comment

Wemo plug in

wemo plug in finds my NodeMCU devices but will not turn them on and off, they receive the request but the request don't have the on or off message

Comment

wemo plug in finds my NodeMCU devices but will not turn them on and off, they receive the request but the request don't have the on or off message
            I'll work on getting the NodeMCU working after I get the Insight plug features working. You're gonna have to bear with me as I'll be out of commission for a couple of weeks due to surgery on my hand tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
              I'll work on getting the NodeMCU working after I get the Insight plug features working. You're gonna have to bear with me as I'll be out of commission for a couple of weeks due to surgery on my hand tomorrow.

Good luck with the surgery and Godspeed on the recovery! Surgery is no fun. Hope it is breezy for you and they fix up everything with ease.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

THANKS, love the fact that you have done this interface, no problem hope all goes well with your surgery!!

Comment

THANKS, love the fact that you have done this interface, no problem hope all goes well with your surgery!!
                  Hope all went well and you have recovered with great results!

Comment

Hope all went well and you have recovered with great results!
                    Got the stitches removed the other day and I'm recovering well. Started back to programming this morning. I've got some bugs to fix with some of the plugins then I'm starting on the new features for this one.

Comment

Wemo plug in

just got licensed for the plugin, it will be real nice when you make it support wemos NodeMCU on and off and status if on or off.

Comment

Making Progress.....

Image embed didn't work

Comment

awesome!

Making Progress.....

Image embed didn't work
                          so awesome!!

Comment

Just to give you an update here and set expectations. I've combed through the fauxmo code and documentation (the code flashed to the nodeMCU that emulates Wemo) and it does not seem to support a few vital commands such as "GetBinaryState" or event subscriptions.

To level set here's what will be possible once I've completed my part.
                            • Status of the devices will always be unknown, you will not know if it's on/off and there's no way to find out.
                            • You will be able to control on/off of nodemcu devices with event actions or button click, but it will be a blind command.
                            • It will auto discover nodeMCU devices and create them in HomeSeer, I'll likely whip up a separate icon for them.

I'm brainstorming to see if there's a way I could either implement the nodeMCU commands with custom firmware I release or find some other trick to get the missing features working. I'll keep you updated here as things change, but I didn't want to leave you in the dark.

Comment

Just to give you an update here and set expectations. I've combed through the fauxmo code and documentation (the code flashed to the nodeMCU that emulates Wemo) and it does not seem to support a few vital commands such as "GetBinaryState" or event subscriptions.

To level set here's what will be possible once I've completed my part.
                              • Status of the devices will always be unknown, you will not know if it's on/off and there's no way to find out.
                              • You will be able to control on/off of nodemcu devices with event actions or button click, but it will be a blind command.
                              • It will auto discover nodeMCU devices and create them in HomeSeer, I'll likely whip up a separate icon for them.

I'm brainstorming to see if there's a way I could either implement the nodeMCU commands with custom firmware I release or find some other trick to get the missing features working. I'll keep you updated here as things change, but I didn't want to leave you in the dark.
                              thanks for the update, for my use, at this time, this will work very well, i can share the code I use for my current project for opening and closing window blinds based on time, temp or sun or no sun sourced from homeseer devices .

Comment

Working...
                              X