Building screensaver images - image sticky caches on ipad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building screensaver images - image sticky caches on ipad

I'm using the Jowi PictureRandom script on a couple of windows boxes to display random images from a HS dir - it updates images from the dir, copying them to the html directory as a consistent filename. Then the script updates this image every 2 min to change the image, and an event simulates an element release on the image element on hstouch to update the image on the hstouch display.

This all works great on my windows boxes.

However I've just setup an ipad for various control bits. I configured it's main screen as a screensaver that displays images in the same fashion as above. However on the iPad once the first image populated on the client, it's refused to update. even killing and restarting the hstouch client doesn't resolve it. I tried a lot of stuff to make it go, but no luck.

SOOOO, I tried a workaround. I switched to using a Text element and wrapped the image in an html file with no-cache meta tags in the html. This worked, the element displays the page, it updates properly and the image rotates.

EXCEPT that I need to be able to touch the screen and cause the images to go away and take me to a new screen. With the Image element pointing to an image URL I could do that - I can press the element and cause the release to open a new screen. However on the Text Element with HTML being displayed it appears that the imbedded browser seems to override the element - when I touch the screen it treats it as though I'm touching the web page rather than the element, and so won't initiate the element press/release, even though I can configure press/release actions on the element.

I thought maybe I could try putting a Text or Image element over top of the page, with no text or image in it and make it transparent, however it appears that when you make the element transparent it goes transparent to the background colour, rather than transparent to any elements underneath it, preventing me from seeing the Text element with my image page on it.

I'm at a loss of what else to try. Any suggestions?

Paul
Working...
X