Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error Attempting to change Target Temperature - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Attempting to change Target Temperature - Fixed!

I am attempting to change the Target Temperature from the Device Management Page and I receive the following entries in the log.

Code:
    Nov-12 09:44:12 	  	Nest 	DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: This operation cannot be performed on a completed asynchronous result object. at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.SetTargetTemperature(String thermostatId, Double target, String scale) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.ButtonPress(String buttonName, Double value, Int32 dvref) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: This operation cannot be performed on a completed asynchronous result object. at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext()<---
    Nov-12 09:44:12 	  	Nest 	ERROR One or more errors occurred.
    Nov-12 09:44:11 	  	Nest 	DEBUG PUT: path=devices/thermostats/SyE7pSBxL5MTw0bAMtuwPg_VumSUMP-v payload={"target_temperature_c":19.5}
    Nov-12 09:44:11 	  	Device Control 	Device: Nest Target Temperature High to + (1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    I am running Homeseer HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.130 and Nest Plugin 3.0.0.8. I have also noted the my Fan Device does not change from an on and off state. Any ideas what may be causing this? Thanks.

P.S. I have restarted both the plugin and HS3 multiple times during troubleshooting.

do you always get this error when you try to change the target temperature from the device management page?

do you get errors as well when you try to change something else: HVAC mode, home/away, etc... ?

are the other device values correctly updated when something change: for example the ambient temperature

regarding the fan device, it is supposed to be set to On only when the fan timer is active (it's a current API limitation). When you click the On button from the fan device, does it actually start your fan timer?

could you provide me with a full log, specifically the log lines you get when you restart the plugin.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      do you always get this error when you try to change the target temperature from the device management page?

do you get errors as well when you try to change something else: HVAC mode, home/away, etc... ?

are the other device values correctly updated when something change: for example the ambient temperature

regarding the fan device, it is supposed to be set to On only when the fan timer is active (it's a current API limitation). When you click the On button from the fan device, does it actually start your fan timer?

could you provide me with a full log, specifically the log lines you get when you restart the plugin.

thanks

Yes, I do get the error when I try to change any option in the plugin. The get side of things seems to be working fine as my ambient temperature changes as well as if I change the target temps from my nest account.

Here is the startup code

Code:
      /13/2014 7:58:19 AM ~!~Startup~!~Initializing email, will check server for new email
      11/13/2014 7:58:19 AM ~!~Nest~!~DEBUG Method: GET, RequestUri: 'https://developer-api.nest.com/.json?auth=c.oQxuHGdn0SjXVtX9EkF3WV9MjjPVwXOsN1cIXWqZcqMxYPAN7ZDTtnbU482zuszzlgnt2MckRAguLnKeZ3fFguQtfu9S113TT3xBF0vRrS111SD4Gvudx5TqXOcWFJgRHxu0VS5SfT3HMJWv', Version: 1.1, Content: <null>, Headers:{  Accept: text/event-stream}
      11/13/2014 7:58:20 AM ~!~email~!~Start checking server for email using Gmail
      11/13/2014 7:58:20 AM ~!~Startup~!~Creating ASP.NET application host...
      11/13/2014 7:58:20 AM ~!~Nest~!~DEBUG response=StatusCode: 200, ReasonPhrase: 'OK', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:{  Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *  Cache-Control: no-cache, max-age=0, private  Content-Type: text/event-stream; charset=UTF-8}
      11/13/2014 7:58:20 AM ~!~Nest~!~DEBUG status code ok
      11/13/2014 7:58:20 AM ~!~Nest~!~DEBUG polling thread started
      11/13/2014 7:58:20 AM ~!~Nest~!~DEBUG event: put
      11/13/2014 7:58:20 AM ~!~Nest~!~DEBUG data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":{"SyE7pSBxL5MTw0bAMtuwPg_VumSUMP-v":{"locale":"en-GB","temperature_scale":"C","is_using_emergency_heat":false,"has_fan":true,"software_version":"4.2.5","has_leaf":false,"device_id":"SyE7pSBxL5MTw0bAMtuwPg_VumSUMP-v","name":"Hallway","can_heat":true,"can_cool":true,"hvac_mode":"heat","target_temperature_c":20.5,"target_temperature_f":69,"target_temperature_high_c":24.0,"target_temperature_high_f":75,"target_temperature_low_c":20.0,"target_temperature_low_f":68,"ambient_temperature_c":20.0,"ambient_temperature_f":68,"away_temperature_high_c":29.0,"away_temperature_high_f":84,"away_temperature_low_c":16.0,"away_temperature_low_f":62,"structure_id":"btk-3nbh3wgP4tZthkUXe4XhH-dDbasd6-Ut9ort_npWytFdS415hQ","fan_timer_active":false,"name_long":"Hallway Thermostat","is_online":true,"last_connection":"2014-11-13T14:50:48.177Z"}}},"structures":{"btk-3nbh3wgP4tZthkUXe4XhH-dDbasd6-Ut9ort_npWytFdS415hQ":{"name":"Edmonton","country_code":"CA","time_zone":"America/Edmonton","away":"home","thermostats":["SyE7pSBxL5MTw0bAMtuwPg_VumSUMP-v"],"structure_id":"btk-3nbh3wgP4tZthkUXe4XhH-dDbasd6-Ut9ort_npWytFdS415hQ"}}}}
      11/13/2014 7:58:22 AM ~!~email~!~Initializing email, found 6 messages
      11/13/2014 7:58:22 AM ~!~Startup~!~Start automation engine...
      11/13/2014 7:58:22 AM ~!~Startup~!~Initializing Speaker Client Interface

Here is the plugin restart code.

Code:
      Nov-13 08:00:49 	  	Nest 	DEBUG Monitoring started...
      Nov-13 08:00:39 	  	Nest 	DEBUG data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":{"SyE7pSBxL5MTw0bAMtuwPg_VumSUMP-v":{"locale":"en-GB","temperature_scale":"C","is_using_emergency_heat":false,"has_fan":true,"software_version":"4.2.5","has_leaf":false,"device_id":"SyE7pSBxL5MTw0bAMtuwPg_VumSUMP-v","name":"Hallway","can_heat":true,"can_cool":true,"hvac_mode":"heat","target_temperature_c":20.5,"target_temperature_f":69,"target_temperature_high_c":24.0,"target_temperature_high_f":75,"target_temperature_low_c":20.0,"target_temperature_low_f":68,"ambient_temperature_c":20.5,"ambient_temperature_f":69,"away_temperature_high_c":29.0,"away_temperature_high_f":84,"away_temperature_low_c":16.0,"away_temperature_low_f":62,"structure_id":"btk-3nbh3wgP4tZthkUXe4XhH-dDbasd6-Ut9ort_npWytFdS415hQ","fan_timer_active":false,"name_long":"Hallway Thermostat","is_online":true,"last_connection":"2014-11-13T14:59:23.554Z"}}},"structures":{"btk-3nbh3wgP4tZthkUXe4XhH-dDbasd6-Ut9ort_npWytFdS415hQ":{"name":"Edmonton","country_code":"CA","time_zone":"America/Edmonton","away":"home","thermostats":["SyE7pSBxL5MTw0bAMtuwPg_VumSUMP-v"],"structure_id":"btk-3nbh3wgP4tZthkUXe4XhH-dDbasd6-Ut9ort_npWytFdS415hQ"}}}}
      Nov-13 08:00:39 	  	Nest 	DEBUG event: put
      Nov-13 08:00:39 	  	Nest 	DEBUG polling thread started
      Nov-13 08:00:39 	  	Nest 	DEBUG status code ok
      Nov-13 08:00:39 	  	Nest 	DEBUG response=StatusCode: 200, ReasonPhrase: 'OK', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers: { Access-Control-Allow-Origin: * Cache-Control: no-cache, max-age=0, private Content-Type: text/event-stream; charset=UTF-8 }
      Nov-13 08:00:38 	  	Nest 	DEBUG Method: GET, RequestUri: 'https://developer-api.nest.com/.json?auth=c.oQxuHGdn0SjXVtX9EkF3WV9MjjPVwXOsN1cIXWqZcqMxYPAN7ZDTtnbU482zuszzlgnt2MckRAguLnKeZ3fFguQtfu9S113TT3xBF0vRrS111SD4Gvudx5TqXOcWFJgRHxu0VS5SfT3HMJWv', Version: 1.1, Content: , Headers: { Accept: text/event-stream }
      Nov-13 08:00:37 	  	Plug-In 	Finished initializing plug-in Nest

Comment

very strange...

could you try to restart from scratch:
        - stop the plugin
        - delete Nest.ini
        - delete all your Nest devices
        - restart the plugin and do the authorization process again

if it still doesn't work, would you agree to send me your Nest.ini file by email, so that I can connect to your Nest account, and try to reproduce this problem?

Comment

Sure spud,
          I did the update to version .10 from the updater and still seeing the same issues. Where would you like me to send my nest.ini file too?

Comment

spud.webb.4@gmail.com

Comment

Email sent.

Comment

Solved.

If anyone is having a similar problem update your .NET to 4.5.1 and that corrected the problem for me!

Comment

Comment

Tried downgrading .net to 4.5.1 but same result.
                    Nest plugin debug info:

dec-09 15:47:38 Nest DEBUG data: null
                    dec-09 15:47:38 Nest DEBUG event: keep-alive
                    dec-09 15:47:21 Nest DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.SetTargetTemperature(String thermostatId, Double target, String scale) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.ButtonPress(String buttonName, Double value, Int32 dvref) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext()<---
                    dec-09 15:47:21 Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
                    dec-09 15:47:20 Nest DEBUG PUT: path=devices/thermostats/UaKpquEs7aGuqCWuYhx0og_VumSUMP-v payload={"target_temperature_c":20,5}
                    dec-09 15:47:19 Device Control Device: Nest Target Temperature to + (1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

Originally posted by voxie View Post
                      Tried downgrading .net to 4.5.1 but same result.
                      Nest plugin debug info:

dec-09 15:47:38 Nest DEBUG data: null
                      dec-09 15:47:38 Nest DEBUG event: keep-alive
                      dec-09 15:47:21 Nest DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.SetTargetTemperature(String thermostatId, Double target, String scale) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.ButtonPress(String buttonName, Double value, Int32 dvref) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext()<---
                      dec-09 15:47:21 Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
                      dec-09 15:47:20 Nest DEBUG PUT: path=devices/thermostats/UaKpquEs7aGuqCWuYhx0og_VumSUMP-v payload={"target_temperature_c":20,5}
                      dec-09 15:47:19 Device Control Device: Nest Target Temperature to + (1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      This problem is caused by your system using the coma as the decimal symbol. This problem is fixed in version 3.0.0.11 available here

Comment

Spud tnx...this version solved my issue

Comment

Working...
                        X