Nest plug-in not working on HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest plug-in not working on HSTouch

I installed the trial version just to test out how it works, but it's not working.

on HSTouch either iPhone or Android version, in Climate -> select either Nest (I have 2), and no matter what button I touch, it doesn't respond or change anything.

Ambient temp works fine on Android, but iPhone is showing N/A most the time.

The temp buttons don't change anything on Hstouch, but I can see from the Log it does change the target temp.

and the Mode / Fan buttons don't do anything either on HSTouch or the backend.

Am I missing anything?

Originally posted by mike2016 View Post
    Ambient temp works fine on Android, but iPhone is showing N/A most the time.
    Ambient temp works for me on Android, haven't tested it on iOS, but if it works on one platform and not another it's likely to be a problem with HSTouch rather than the plugin.

The temp buttons don't change anything on Hstouch, but I can see from the Log it does change the target temp.
    Target temps work for me on Android, I can change the target temps from HSTouch and it gets updated on Nest, HS, and HSTouch
    I just noticed that if you have a thermostat that can only Heat, the target temp shows in HSTouch as the Cool set point, so I need to fix this bug.

and the Mode / Fan buttons don't do anything either on HSTouch or the backend.
    Am I missing anything?
    yeah mode and fan controls do not currently work I have to align the devices status and control values with what HSTouch expect them to be.

I will post a new version of the plugin soon with those fixes.

Comment

I have made some changes in version 3.0.0.12 for a better integration with HSTouch default screens. So now everything is working out of the box, except the Fan status which will always say "Auto", as there is no way from the Nest API to get the real fan status (You can control the fan On/Off using the Fan button though)
      And the "Heat-Cool" mode is renamed to "Auto", as this is hardcoded in HSTouch and can't be changed at the plugin level.

Let me know, if you have any other problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hstouch.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1176681

Comment

Working...
      X