Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone set this up with a Hometroller Zee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone set this up with a Hometroller Zee?

I am thinking of getting a Zee and I am curious if this plugin will work with the Zee.

The Zee supports a very limited number of plugins: Z-Wave, Insteon, X10 and HSTouch
    http://www.homeseer.com/homeseer-plug-ins.html

Moreover the Nest plugin is not compatible yet with Linux (I have never tested it under linux, and it probably needs a few changes)
    But I will work on that soon.

Comment

That would be awesome spud, if you could get it to work in the Zee that would let me setup everything inside my Zee at my rental property and trigger events off the Nest.

Comment

as I said in the other thread I can't port it to the Zee because the HS3 version running on the Zee is a variant of the regular HS3 Linux in which third party plugins are not supported (or at least it's not documented how to port a plugin for this version)

Comment

I gotcha, sorry I misunderstood. When you said you had not tested it on Linux I thought that meant all you had to do was port it to Linux (I understand this is not trivial ) and then it would run on the Zee. I suppose I have to really evaluate if the Zee is going to be able to do what I want it too before I get one.

Thanks Spud!

Comment

Hometroller Zee2

Looking at this plugin for Nest Thermostat. Wondering if it will work with my Zee2? I see it didn't in the past, but the instructions say it works with Linux. Does that mean it works now?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DeVon View Post
              Looking at this plugin for Nest Thermostat. Wondering if it will work with my Zee2? I see it didn't in the past, but the instructions say it works with Linux. Does that mean it works now?

Thanks!
              Yes it works on Linux and the Zee2.

The Zee1 was special because the plugins needed to have a specific format (dll instead of exe). Only a few of the HS plugins were supported.

Comment

Will I be able to use motion sensors connected to ZeeS2 to put Nest into or out of away mode? My thermostat is in a hallway that sometimes never sees traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by DeVon View Post
                  Will I be able to use motion sensors connected to ZeeS2 to put Nest into or out of away mode? My thermostat is in a hallway that sometimes never sees traffic.
                  yes, the plugin creates a "home" device which has Home/Away controls that you can use from Events.

Comment

Working...
                  X