Can't Connect to Russound CAM6.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Connect to Russound CAM6.6

I'm running Windows 10 with my Russound CAM6.6 connected via a Digi EdgePort/8. I am able to connect to the CAM via Russound Power PC Tools. I don't think it's a physical connection issue.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the plug in. I also moved from the Edgeport/8 to a generic USB to serial adapter -- all with the same results. It just doesn't appear that the plug-in is communicating with my Russound.

The only lines of interest I could find in the detail log are:

12/02/2017 10:53:50:480 AM : v2.0.138.0 - InitIO: Caught this exception: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {648A5600-2C6E-101B-82B6-000000000014} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    12/02/2017 10:53:50:480 AM : v2.0.138.0 - InitIO finished
    12/02/2017 10:53:57:934 AM : v2.0.138.0 - HSEvent(): **** NO PROCESSING WILL OCCUR BECAUSE HOMESEER IS NOT STARTED!!!
    12/02/2017 10:54:00:159 AM : v2.0.138.0 - HSEvent(): **** NO PROCESSING WILL OCCUR BECAUSE HOMESEER IS NOT STARTED!!!
    12/02/2017 10:54:00:163 AM : v2.0.138.0 - HSEvent(): **** NO PROCESSING WILL OCCUR BECAUSE HOMESEER IS NOT STARTED!!!

I've also attached the full log.
    Has anyone encountered this before? Any tips? Thanks in advance.
    Nick
    Attached Files

Could you share your settings in BLRussound? Maybe a dumb question but are you sure you have the COM port set correctly? What COM type have you selected? There really aren't too many variables in the configuration.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Screenshots attached.
      When I shutdown Homeseer I can connect to the Russound via Russound PC Power Tools using COM3. I've tried it on both the Edgeport as well as another USB/serial converter I had laying around.

I'm thinking I'm missing a dependency or something here. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin. I enabled logging of commands to Homeseer and I don't see any action from this plugin.

Thanks
      Nick
      Attached Files

Comment

You might want to try setting the control type to MSCommLib and restart the plugin. If that doesn't work could you post the contents of your hspi_BLRussound.ini?
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I finally reloaded Windows on the PC and it's all working fine now. I'm not sure what happened -- I suspect something went wonky with the EdgePort/8. Thanks for responding.
          Nick

Comment

Working...
          X