Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True you get .5 degree precision from the HS web interface but unfortunately the resolution in the HSTouch default Android app remains at 1 degree when set to Celcius.

Comment

nest cam

what exactly can be done with nest cam and this plug in? Im looking to buy a outdoor nest cam potentially.

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
        what exactly can be done with nest cam and this plug in? Im looking to buy a outdoor nest cam potentially.
        right now you can trigger HS events when the Nest cam detects motion or sound: see the user guide
        you can also monitor the current state of the camera (streaming on/off)
        and soon, I'm going to add the ability to take and see snapshots from HS.

Comment

NEST CAM Streaming in HS3

Spud-

Do you think there is an opportunity to stream nest cam feeds into HS3 via your plugin you have designed. Any information and understanding would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by supergolfstick View Post
            Spud-

Do you think there is an opportunity to stream nest cam feeds into HS3 via your plugin you have designed. Any information and understanding would be greatly appreciated.
            I don't think that's possible because Nest does not provide a way to retrieve the direct video stream.

Comment

Anyway to flush old snapshots or set a limit?

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
                Anyway to flush old snapshots or set a limit?
                the plugin doesn't do it automatically, but you could delete them manually or using a script, the snapshot files are stored in html\images\Nest\snapshots

Comment

Hi Spud. My Nest plugin has not worked in a long time and trying to get it going as I noticed my nest protect is out of batteries and the plugin is none the wiser. When I try to authorize it just hangs.. I get the message in the log:
                  ERROR Could not load type 'FirebaseSharp.AuthRevokedEventHandler' from assembly 'FirebaseSharp, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Upgraded to the latest version. Running Windows Server 2K8R2. Upgraded the .Net framework.. no luck.

Hunted around a bit for that but couldn't find any references.. any idea?

thx in advance. Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick21 View Post
                    Hi Spud. My Nest plugin has not worked in a long time and trying to get it going as I noticed my nest protect is out of batteries and the plugin is none the wiser. When I try to authorize it just hangs.. I get the message in the log:
                    ERROR Could not load type 'FirebaseSharp.AuthRevokedEventHandler' from assembly 'FirebaseSharp, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Upgraded to the latest version. Running Windows Server 2K8R2. Upgraded the .Net framework.. no luck.

Hunted around a bit for that but couldn't find any references.. any idea?

thx in advance. Rick
                    It looks like the plugin is loading an old version (1.0.0.1 vs 1.0.0.5) of FirebaseSharp.dll . If you have this dll in the root HS3 folder, delete it, it should only be in bin/Nest

Comment

Could have sworn I deleted that thing, but now that I did works fine. Thanks for saving a ton of time! Rick

Comment

Error in Logfile

This post is really more of an FYI that any kind of real problem. My Nest thermostat plugin is throwing a periodic error (every 2-3 minutes) as below:

Code:
                        (Apr 29 22:04:33 elms-hs3-01 mono[2511]: Apr-29 22:04:33 ERROR double NestSharp.NestThermostat.get_eco_temperature_high_f()
                        Apr 29 22:04:33 elms-hs3-01 mono[2511]: 10:04:33:8815:[Nest]->ERROR double NestSharp.NestThermostat.get_eco_temperature_high_f()
                        This has been going on for quite some time -- I'm just getting around to posting it. I cannot see that this has had any particular impact on functionality.

HS3 Linux beta 435 (but the errors goes considerably further back on earlier betas)
                        Mono 5.10.1.47
                        Nest Thermostat plugin version 3.0.0.31

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHargrove View Post
                          This post is really more of an FYI that any kind of real problem. My Nest thermostat plugin is throwing a periodic error (every 2-3 minutes) as below:

Code:
                          (Apr 29 22:04:33 elms-hs3-01 mono[2511]: Apr-29 22:04:33 ERROR double NestSharp.NestThermostat.get_eco_temperature_high_f()
                          Apr 29 22:04:33 elms-hs3-01 mono[2511]: 10:04:33:8815:[Nest]->ERROR double NestSharp.NestThermostat.get_eco_temperature_high_f()
                          This has been going on for quite some time -- I'm just getting around to posting it. I cannot see that this has had any particular impact on functionality.

HS3 Linux beta 435 (but the errors goes considerably further back on earlier betas)
                          Mono 5.10.1.47
                          Nest Thermostat plugin version 3.0.0.31
                          Could you set the log level to Debug from the Config page, and recapture the error?

You may have an old version of NestSharp.dll in your HomeSeer root dir. Delete it.
                          NestSharp.dll should only be in bin/Nest

Comment

Working...
                          X