Nest Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
    Nest allows you to share your stream. I pull my camera feed into blue Iris this way. If you share it and choose "anyone that has the link" (something like that) then you can use that URL for the feed in HSTouch
    Hey Rmiles, or anyone else might be doing this?
    so any thoughts as to why my nest stream wont display?
    i am using the HTML code in a text element..
    toggled isHTML on
    it just displays a gray box on my client?
    i am using a raspberryPi and 10.1" screen..
    i copied the HTML code to a file on the RaspberryPi and opened it in a browser, and it displays just fine...
    any help would be much appreciated
    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
      toggled isHTML on
      i copied the HTML code to a file on the RaspberryPi and opened it in a browser, and it displays just fine...
      thanks
      Not a big HSTouch user. I have a couple of clients using the generic android screens but that's it.

Comment

toggled isHTML on
        thanks
        Anybody got any thoughts on this?!
        i cant seem to get the Nest stream to display, id love any help if possible..
        this is the ONE last thing i have been dying to get on my hstouch screens
        thanks
        just an update I published this to a screen on an ipad and have the same issue, video doesn't display, just a black box.. Anybody have any suggestions please?!
        Last edited by thetaz01; May 18, 2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Is it possible to get video or stills from the Nest Hello into HS? Can the Nest Hello trigger events within HS?

I see above that it is possible to get the video into Blue Iris, from where I assume it is pretty easy to get it into HS.

Comment

You'd think, but Nest won't allow much. You do get a picture/snapshot, but no video. Not possible to trigger events from Nest Hello.

Comment

I am still unable to get the Nest Video "shared" link to display in a HSTOUCH Screen?
              does anyone know what I need to do to get it to work, I am posting it as a TEXT item, selecting "IS HTML"
              Please anyone, id love to get this working

Comment

I am still unable to get the Nest Video "shared" link to display in a HSTOUCH Screen?
                does anyone know what I need to do to get it to work, I am posting it as a TEXT item, selecting "IS HTML"
                Please anyone, id love to get this working
                Have a look at this link to get the video stream url, and add it to HS camera config:
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...cameras-workin

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  currently the plugin does not support Nest Cam, however the Nest API allow to do a (limited) number of things with Nest Cam:
                  • View content related to the last event that triggered a notification, including:
                    • Sound or motion event detected
                    • Event start/stop times
                    • Deep links to image and gif files

https://developer.nest.com/documenta...d/camera-guide

so I can add some of that to the plugin if there is some demand for it (you are the first one asking about that)

one thing I am wondering is if the live feed link at home.nest.com can be used as a regular webcam streaming url (in HSTouch for example) ?
                  I'm interested in knowing if the camera detects sound or motion to turn on exterior lights. I had this in Wink and it is useful. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post

I'm interested in knowing if the camera detects sound or motion to turn on exterior lights. I had this in Wink and it is useful. Thanks.
                    It's already possible, have a look at the Nest triggers: "Camera Event starts" / "Camera Event Ends"

Comment

Working...
                    X