Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Upgrade for HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. I do appreciate your reply. I appreciate the accuracy however it's just a little too precise for me. 😊

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
    I am indeed setting the thermostat value to include a decimal point ( I like being precise)

I think you are the first person to take issue with it, but I will bring it up to Rich on Monday to see what he thinks of it.

Comment

What thermostats are capable of being set in .1 degree increments. Mine (Trane) is certainly not.

Steve Q
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
        What thermostats are capable of being set in .1 degree increments. Mine (Trane) is certainly not.

Steve Q
        For whatever reason StelPro thermostats can be. I think it's a Canadian or Euro thing as StelPro is a Canadian company. But they make a great Z-Wave thermostat for Baseboard heaters.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post

Steve Q
          Oh, where oh where to leave this reply? Here on a year-old thread, where it's very apropos, or on a new thread? Maybe I'll do both.

{ahem} This is still a problem with my Alexa + Insteon Thermostat. I say "Alexa, raise the temperature one degree" and I'll get "First Floor Hall Thermostat 1 is set to 73.4 degrees." (That name is another issue...) I would be sanguine about this, were it not for the fact that sometimes it's not set to 73 or 74, as one might think, but 72 or 71 or whatever is 1 degree higher than the previous setting. Basically she carries out the command correctly, but her confirmation is off. Back when she didn't say the decimals, she was pretty accurate. (How ironic - "precision" leads to inaccuracy!)

Anyone got a fix? Insteon? HomeSeer? Amazon? Buehler? Buehler???

Jim Speiser
          38-year veteran of Home Automation
          Still don't know squat

Comment

So this is the first seeing this post. I’m under the impression HS can use the Amazon Dots or whatever as HS Voice Control units natively not needing connected to the Amazon Cloud. Yes?

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
              So this is the first seeing this post. I’m under the impression HS can use the Amazon Dots or whatever as HS Voice Control units natively not needing connected to the Amazon Cloud. Yes?
              No, all Alexa voice control is messaged from HS3 to Amazon and back.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Lol how’d I get that so wrong.. Comprehension, who needs it!

Comment

macromark RJS Is there any particular reason this skill cannot be enabled for Canada? I'm only getting the runaround from your help desk.
                  Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

macromark
                    RJS

Are you going to ever add features your customers want, like TTS (HS sends text to Alexa to speak)?
                    Ignoring customers long-standing feature requests is driving us away. HS4 does not show signs of solving any gaps your customers have asked for, for years. Requiring us to use Hubitat and Node Red for these things will only make us want to switch platforms completely

I suspect this will go unanswered or some short BS non-answer like it usually does, just proving my point further and the lack of caring and/or courage of the HST team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                      macromark
                      RJS

Are you going to ever add features your customers want, like TTS (HS sends text to Alexa to speak)?
                      Ignoring customers long-standing feature requests is driving us away. HS4 does not show signs of solving any gaps your customers have asked for, for years. Requiring us to use Hubitat and Node Red for these things will only make us want to switch platforms completely

I suspect this will go unanswered or some short BS non-answer like it usually does, just proving my point further and the lack of caring and/or courage of the HST team.
                      You may wish to read this thread as to the probable reasons why:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...n-hs-not-do-it

Also I feel sorry for RJS who has absolutely nothing to do with the HST team. Your pointer should be RJH
                      Jon

Comment

Admittedly, this discussion is far above my pay grade, but some quick scanning suggests to me that Amazon offers a free API that will handle TTS and STT. I only know enough to get myself in trouble, but this really looks doable and doable without resorting to 3rd party kludges. What am I missing?
                        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                        Home Assistant 2024.3
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Working...
                        X