No announcement yet.

No Response to az00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is a few months old but I thought I'd post a solution.

I had the 'az00' error and it was not resolved by disabling Windows Defender.

It turned out that I had to upgrade my M1XEP to 2.0.34. Windows 10 and some versions of Windows 8 have a different key length that cripples communication between the host PC and the M1XEP.

When I upgraded my M1XEP from 1.30 (very old) to 2.0.34 (nice and new) the problem went away.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by MarkJames View Post
      When I upgraded my M1XEP from 1.30 (very old) to 2.0.34 (nice and new) the problem went away.
      The newest version of the M1XEP firmware is 2.0.42. https://www.elkproducts.com/m1xep-version2-firmware

Where did you get the 2.0.34 (older) from as it is not on the ELK website. The last time ELK updated any firmware was 2016.

I have 2.0.42 and still get the errors, with windows defender turned off. Maybe you could try the 2.0.42 version and see if you get the errors. If you have the 2.0.34 firmware you could always roll it back. But check that that is possible first. I would hate for you to stuff up a working system based on my suggestion.

You mention 'key length'. I would be interested to know a bit more about this as it could lead to a work around.

Thanks, Marty.
      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by geodementia View Post
        Per the discussion about the latest plugin crashing, a number of us have confirmed that Windows Defender / Security Essentials are indeed the cause of the various comms failure and invalid message messages being logged by the UltraM1G plugin.

Disable them (via GPO) or uninstall them and everything starts working very nicely again, no errors!
        Just out of curiosity, what expansions/addons do you have with you M1G? I have a c-bus interface. When I think about these errors probably started after the c-bus interface was added.

http://nesscorporation.com/ness-auto...sion-3-00.html
        iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Working...
        X