Play to specific link group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play to specific link group

Is there a way to use HomeSeer and the Sonos plugin to play music specific to a link group I define in Homeseer?

E.g. if the whole house is all grouped in Sonos, but I want to double tap a light switch and have three zones start playing something different, is that possible? (scenario - I want to turn music on in my bathroom for a morning shower but not wake everyone else up).

Don't know about using linkgroups for this, but here is an event that sets up a grouping then plays a Spotify favorite.
    Attached Files

Comment

Got it - yep that'll work I just thought link groups would be an easier way to manage.

Actually, I don't think I need to unlink. I just need to run one link event and that will set everything. Then I can set the volume individually.

Now I just need to figure out how to play a spotify or amazon music playlist from Homeseer...had a conversation about that six months ago but never reached resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
        Got it - yep that'll work I just thought link groups would be an easier way to manage.

Actually, I don't think I need to unlink. I just need to run one link event and that will set everything. Then I can set the volume individually.

Now I just need to figure out how to play a spotify or amazon music playlist from Homeseer...had a conversation about that six months ago but never reached resolution.
        Were you able to find any information about playing a playlist?

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
          Don't know about using linkgroups for this, but here is an event that sets up a grouping then plays a Spotify favorite.
          you would make a linkgroup say "PlaySpotify". You would make the Living room as source player and Living Room, Master Bed & Bathroom as destinations. You would set the volumes in the linkgroup as 30,50,50

Once you do that, you will notice that you now have devices that are named Link-PlaySpotify and Unlink-PlaySpotify.
          You can find them on the device management page if you look for the Sonos Master Device and click on "control".

You would now simplify your event and just have a few actions
          - Set device Link-PlaySpotify
          - Play Favorite ....
          - Set shuffle ...

Comment

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
            Only way that works is when you save them as a Favorite (or save queue as ...) and now use the favorite (after you recreated the MusicDB) in your events/actions.

Comment

Working...
            X