This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraCID HSPI Feature Requests

Any chance for specifying the email destination for notifications in the event action?

I use this to text details about incoming calls to my cell. Some members of the household would like details about all calls whereas others only want details about certain calls. To do that now I have to make a million different events using the standard HS send email event action, and manually enter the text I want sent, one each for the various callers. If I could use the UltraCID email notification event action but specify the destination email address I could do it with just a couple of events, and I could allow for callers who have not yet called.

In the alternative, could UltraCID variables like caller ID and number of rings etc. be made available to the standard HS "send email" event action?

Thanks for the consideration! And great plugin, BTW.

Thanks!

Feature request - length of last off-hook time?

Is it possible to determine the length of the last call from the on-hook/off-hook transitions the modem reports? If so, is it possible to add a device that contains this time?

Comment

Feature request - outgoing call details

Is it possible to ask the modem to report called number etc. for outgoing calls? If so, could these details be put into devices which parallel those for incoming calls- name (from database), number, length of call, etc.?

My understanding is that many voice modems are able to report this info, if asked to do so. I don't know specifically about the Zoom.

Comment

FYI - now that the group bug has been fixed and the $rings has been exposed as a device, I can do what I wanted without any changes to the email notification functions.

Thanks!

Comment

Feature request - "new caller" attribute

Is it possible to set "first time caller" or "new caller" as an attribute somewhere in a homeseer device? The existing "Last Caller Attributes" device seems like the obvious place to me, but maybe others have better ideas?

I love this plug-in!

David

Comment

UltraCID HSPI Feature Requests

Hello David. I merged the thread under "UltraCID HSPI Feature Requests".
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Feature request - play WAV file

I would like to be able to play a wav file to any number that fits a pre-determined mask.

Comment

Event based on Name of Caller

Seems simple and forgive me if the plugin already has this ability but I don't see it. Some telemarketers use the same "trigger words" in their caller id using different telephone numbers. It would be cool if everytime there was the word "distributing" in the caller ID that we could drop the caller for example. I know their is a device with the last caller name as a string but don't know how to get at that without scripting...

Comment

Hello. From UltraCID > Options > New Caller Options > Use Name Block Mask:, enter the trigger words as a regular expression. As an example, here is what I currently have:

(TOLL FREE|OPINION|PORTFOLIO|LOWER|RESEARCH)

And this is what I have for "Use Number Block Mask:"

^(800|888|877|866|O)

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                    Hello. From UltraCID > Options > New Caller Options > Use Name Block Mask:, enter the trigger words as a regular expression. As an example, here is what I currently have:

^(800|888|877|866|O)

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    UltraJones:

Do you have a user's guide for the plug-in. I have been using it for several years and did not realize that I could set the options you show above.

Is there a limit to the number of entries in each block?

Is there a specific format? You mention a "regular expression". I have heard that phrase before but don't know what it is or how to use it.

Thanks for the great plug-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post

^(800|888|877|866|O)

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Thanks. Is that only for new callers? What if I had a company that has been calling named "IGS" and it isn't new? The reason I ask is that I put in IGS as a regular expression and it is not blocking it. I have restarted homeseer a number of times to make sure that wasn't the problem. Any ideas?

Comment

selective speaker client for announcement

Is ther any way to slect which speaker client the CID plug-in uses when announcing an incoming call? I have several clients set up on the same PC. Each speaker client is connected to its own USB sound device and the output of each sound device drives a speaker in different locations around the house.

During the day I'd like the plug-in to announce calls to the speaker client driving the downstairs kitchen speaker. At night, I'd like the plug-in to announce to the master bedroom speaker.

I could do a script that would change the speaker client if it was in the UltraCID.ini file. A list of speaker clients in the ini file and a virtual device in UltraCID that selects one client from the client list would be even easier to implement from the user standpoint.

Give it some thought.

Thanks for a great plug-in

Bob

Comment

Add A Speak This Name To UltraCID

UltraJones,

Can you please add the ability for UltraCID to speak the name of the caller that may be different from the actual callers proper name?

What happens is people call with a name like my last name "Vaneskahian" which HomeSeer cannot pronounce. So I have to type things line "Van Esk Eye On" for HomeSeer to speak then name properly. I would like to have the Proper Name stored in the database but add an "Speak This Name" Field.

Does that make sense?
                          Can you do that?

Jean-Marie Vaneskahian
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                          jean@vaneskahian.com
                          ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Add Last Call Timestamp

Would there be a way to add the "Last Call Timestamp" to the HS3 main screen. I thought it used to do this but now pulls in the HS3 startup timestamp which gets sorta confusing on the row.

Thanks.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Import address book

I would like to be able to import my existing address book into the plugin. I've been using YACSeer for a couple years and built up quite a good contact list . I'd hate to start from scratch with UltraCID. To be honest this is the only reason I haven't switched from HS2 to HS3 yet.
                              I wonder if I could use mySQL to load my address book directly into the database....?

Edit: even a simple interface that would allow me to manually type in my contact list would be fine - it doesn't have to be anything elaborate

Comment

Working...
                              X