HS3 BLUPS Triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 BLUPS Triggers

Are there supposed to be event triggers for BLUPS (HS3)? I'm trying to setup notification events for power outages and not seeing any.

thanks!
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

I believe you can trigger on device value. I will have to check
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I realize this thread is old and the sub-forum not too active, but I loaded this thing up today to see what I could do with it. I also expected some triggers and actions.

While it's true you can trigger on a device's value change, you have to know what those values are and what they mean. Seems to me (ICBW) that a big part of the value of a plugin is to translate those for you and present meaningful info via drop-downs or lists when configuring an event.

For instance I can see via the device mgmt screen that the status is on AC Power and I can look in the Device Properties and see what value that corresponds to, but I have no insight into what other values the plugin might set and what they mean. I assume there's one for "running on battery" but I don't know the numeric value the plugin is going to set for that.

I guess I'm trying to say in a long-winded way that if the plugin is not going to provide event trigger values in strings via drop-downs like it does for the device display, then seems you should at least provide a mapping in the documentation or help file of values to strings.
      Regards,
      Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Put in a ticket on my site for this and it will remind me to update the doco with the values.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

It will Also be helpfull to know why is the time remaining stays stuck in 28min, i ve been testing this plugin also in HS2 and have not figured out why this pentameter doesn't change. Thks you Bob for your support.
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
            Put in a ticket on my site for this and it will remind me to update the doco with the values.
            Regards,
            Michael

Comment

I see the ticket (#375) was closed but I don't see any doc updates.

I assume there are two values for Power Status, don't know about Battery Level, Battery Percentage, and Life Remaining. I can't use them in event conditions unless I know what the possible values or ranges are.

Would it be possible for you to list them here or provide a link?
              Regards,
              Michael

Comment

I thought I updated the help web page in the new build

I am going from memory but I think these are the values.

0 = on AC
                1 = on Battery
                255 = Unknown
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I thought I updated the help web page in the new build

I am going from memory but I think these are the values.

0 = on AC
                  1 = on Battery
                  255 = Unknown
                  Didn't see them there (2.0.8). Also interested in values for the other devices.

I would like to set up a couple of events to send me some notification if it's been on battery for a while and also trigger a shutdown via BLShutdown after so many minutes if power isn't restored.
                  Regards,
                  Michael

Comment

You should be able to do that with no issue
                    I plan to add triggers for "On AC" and "On Battery" to the HS3 plugin
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

I have added triggers to 2.0.9
                      Try it and let me know
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

I see there's "On A/C" and "On Battery". If I trigger On Battery I'll still have to write a small script or trigger another event to check for how long it's on battery. I'd really like to trigger "On Battery Percentage Less Than ...." or "Life Remaining Less Than ...".

I think what I'll try is this:

When it switches to battery send a notification and then test every 30 seconds to see if power is restored. I know the UPS will power it for a good 15 minutes. If after 10 minutes it hasn't gone back to A/C, begin shutdown.

If the battery level, battery percentage and life remaining device values correspond to what's displayed in the status then I can also test those after going on battery and take action based on some threshold. I'm assuming battery percentage ranges from 0 - 100 and life remaining is minutes in the range 0 - 255, but battery level is reported as High and I don't know what the other values are.
                        Last edited by mmn; March 26, 2014, 07:48 AM. Reason: Battery devices were wrong.
                        Regards,
                        Michael

Comment

This is what I've got. 3 events and one timer.

On Power Failure:
                          Start the timer
                          Speak something
                          Send SMS notification

On Battery for 10 minutes:
                          Speak Something
                          Send SMS notification
                          BLShutdown HomeSeer and the computer.

On Power Restore: (If the computer is still alive)
                          Stop the timer and reset to 0
                          Speak Something
                          Send SMS notification
                          Regards,
                          Michael

Comment

What does it or can it use to send the SMS message?
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                              What does it use to send the SMS message?
                              I used to use the Skype Connector which is no longer available, or at least not in HS3.

My cell phone carrier has a service where you can send an email to your_phone_number@tmomail.net. T-Mobile will convert that email to an SMS and send it to your phone. So I simply "Send an Email" within the Event.

I think other carriers do this too, but I don't know which ones.
                              Last edited by mmn; March 26, 2014, 10:05 AM.
                              Regards,
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X