X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to authorize

Hi Spud,

I get to the PIN, but when I past it in and click done, nothing happens. I tried it many times.

Any idea what is going on?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by kesterf View Post
      Spud,

I was looking foward to your nest plugin, but I guess I'm out of luck for now. I'm running my HS3 on a Hometroller Pro-S3 which runs Windows XP. I managed to get .Net 4.0 running on it. Unfortunately, the .net 4.5 installer blocks installation because of the operating system.

Forrest
      I wasn't aware that .NET 4.5 couldn't be installed on Win XP. The plugin use some NET 4.5 libraries, I will have a look if it can be done another way using .NET 4 libraries only, but I would not hold my breath if I were you, and I would start upgrading to a win 7 system or newer.

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
        Hi Spud,

I get to the PIN, but when I past it in and click done, nothing happens. I tried it many times.

Any idea what is going on?
        in Nest.ini in your config folder, is there an access_token line?
        is there any Nest device created.

not much is supposed to happen when you click done, it should just come back to the regular config page with the "Nest Authorization" button, but behind the scene it should write the access token to the ini file and create the devices.

Comment

Nothing is in the ini file.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Nothing is in the ini file.
            could you set the log level to debug,redo the authorization thing and past your logs here?

Comment

Code:
              Jul-17 8:50:35 PM         Nest    ERROR One or more errors occurred.   

Jul-17 8:50:35 PM         Nest    DEBUG at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.Authenticate(String accessToken) at HSPI_Nest.WebConfig.postBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights)

Comment

Well crap that kills it all

Comment

version 3.0.0.2

version 3.0.0.2 is available, I have added a HVAC Mode device:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Code:
                    Jul-17 8:50:35 PM         Nest    ERROR One or more errors occurred.   

Jul-17 8:50:35 PM         Nest    DEBUG at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.Authenticate(String accessToken) at HSPI_Nest.WebConfig.postBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights)
                    from https://home.nest.com/ , Account > Works with Nest, do you see a "Homeseer Nest Plug-in" item ?
                    If you do then remove it
                    Then please install version 3.0.0.2 (which has more detailed debug logs) then retry the authorization process, and post your logs if it is stil not working

thanks

Comment

I had something like 12 homeseer nest plugin entries in the works with nest list. It seems that it was added every time I tried.

Does the updated logging write to a file, or the homeseer log?

I will try later tonight when I am home.

Comment

I had something like 12 homeseer nest plugin entries in the works with nest list. It seems that it was added every time I tried.

Does the updated logging write to a file, or the homeseer log?

I will try later tonight when I am home.
                        homeseer log

Comment

Spud I was doing some research online and it seems like the NEST can still talk to devices on the LAN without needing to reach out to the cloud. Did you see anything like that?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                            Spud I was doing some research online and it seems like the NEST can still talk to devices on the LAN without needing to reach out to the cloud. Did you see anything like that?
                            no, not in the official APi at least

Comment

Status vs Mode

Excellent plugin. Is it possible to create a device showing HVAC status? For example Cooling when HVAC is actually running. Different from HVAC Mode, but it would be nice to be able to control fans, fireplaces, etc based on when AC or heater actually kicked on or off. Thanks!

Comment

Error changing mode

Spud,

I have three nest thermostats and two of them work fine but when I try to change the mode on the last one It throws an error

-18 7:38:13 PM Nest DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---{0x3E} System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request). at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode( ) at FirebaseSharp.Request.{0x3C}Put{0x3E}d__16.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.{0x3C}PutAsync{0x3E}d__3.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.SetHVACMode(String thermostatId, String mode) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.ButtonPress(String buttonName, Double value, Int32 dvref)---{0x3E} (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request). at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode( ) at FirebaseSharp.Request.{0x3C}Put{0x3E}d__16.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.{0x3C}PutAsync{0x3E}d__3.MoveNext(){0 x3C}---
                                Jul-18 7:38:13 PM Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
                                Jul-18 7:38:12 PM Device Control Device: Nest main HVAC Mode to Heat (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                                HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Working...
                                X