X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
    Spud,

I have three nest thermostats and two of them work fine but when I try to change the mode on the last one It throws an error

-18 7:38:13 PM Nest DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---{0x3E} System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request). at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode( ) at FirebaseSharp.Request.{0x3C}Put{0x3E}d__16.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.{0x3C}PutAsync{0x3E}d__3.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.SetHVACMode(String thermostatId, String mode) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.ButtonPress(String buttonName, Double value, Int32 dvref)---{0x3E} (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request). at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode( ) at FirebaseSharp.Request.{0x3C}Put{0x3E}d__16.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.{0x3C}PutAsync{0x3E}d__3.MoveNext(){0 x3C}---
    Jul-18 7:38:13 PM Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
    Jul-18 7:38:12 PM Device Control Device: Nest main HVAC Mode to Heat (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    can you change the target temperature for this thermostat?
    do you get the same problem after a fresh restart of the plugin?

also could you get me one of the debug log line that begins with "DEBUG data:" and which contains the json formatted data sent by Nest.

Comment

Originally posted by rnitzel View Post
      Excellent plugin. Is it possible to create a device showing HVAC status? For example Cooling when HVAC is actually running. Different from HVAC Mode, but it would be nice to be able to control fans, fireplaces, etc based on when AC or heater actually kicked on or off. Thanks!
      yep I'm going to add a HVAC status device.

Comment

Spud,

I sent you the log file. Let me know if you need more information.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Thanks for helping me fix this Spud. The issue was my outgoing firewall rules. It is fixed now, and was not the plugin.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I updated to 3.0.0.2 and am getting these errors sporadically and devices stop updating after a few hours. If i restart the plugin it works ok for awhile then starts throwing these.

Code:
            Jul-19 10:39:52 PM	  	 Nest	 DEBUG data: null
            Jul-19 10:39:52 PM	  	 Nest	 DEBUG event: keep-alive
            Jul-19 10:39:33 PM	  	 Nest	 DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---{0x3E} System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request). at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode() at FirebaseSharp.Request.{0x3C}Put{0x3E}d__16.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.{0x3C}PutAsync{0x3E}d__3.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.SetHVACMode(String thermostatId, String mode) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.ButtonPress(String buttonName, Double value, Int32 dvref)---{0x3E} (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request). at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode() at FirebaseSharp.Request.{0x3C}Put{0x3E}d__16.MoveNext()--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.{0x3C}PutAsync{0x3E}d__3.MoveNext(){0x3C}---
            Jul-19 10:39:33 PM	  	 Nest	 ERROR One or more errors occurred.
            Jul-19 10:39:32 PM	  	 Device Control	 Device: Nest HVAC Mode to Heat (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Jul-19 10:39:22 PM	  	 Nest	 DEBUG data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":{"kLuctCX8ckMlIinhzA-neQ_VumSUMP-v":{"locale":"en-US","temperature_scale":"F","is_using_emergency_heat":false,"has_fan":true,"software_version":"4.2.4","has_leaf":true,"device_id":"kLuctCX8ckMlIinhzA-neQ_VumSUMP-v","name":"Main","can_heat":true,"can_cool":false,"hvac_mode":"off","target_temperature_c":22.5,"target_temperature_f":73,"target_temperature_high_c":24.0,"target_temperature_high_f":75,"target_temperature_low_c":20.0,"target_temperature_low_f":68,"ambient_temperature_c":25.5,"ambient_temperature_f":78,"away_temperature_high_c":24.0,"away_temperature_high_f":76,"away_temperature_low_c":5.5,"away_temperature_low_f":42,"structure_id":"x6MjcdoE9teMMQEEqcewM2mTgVcJ6GnBgm_yzbA8vNdNWzreGDkMGw","fan_timer_active":false,"name_long":"Main Thermostat","is_online":true,"last_connection":"2014-07-20T05:38:50.934Z"}}},"structures":{"x6MjcdoE9teMMQEEqcewM2mTgVcJ6GnBgm_yzbA8vNdNWzreGDkMGw":{"name":"Main House","country_code":"US","away":"home","thermostats":["kLuctCX8ckMlIinhzA-neQ_VumSUMP-v"],"structure_id":"x6MjcdoE9teMMQEEqcewM2mTgVcJ6GnBgm_yzbA8vNdNWzreGDkMGw"}}}}
            Jul-19 10:39:22 PM	  	 Nest	 DEBUG event: put

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              yep I'm going to add a HVAC status device.
              I spoke too fast, surprisingly the HVAC status can't be retrieved using the official API, hence I can't add a HS device for that.

I hope this is something that is going to be added to the API soon.

Comment

version 3.0.0.3

After about 1 hour the devices stopped updating. I fixed this issue in version 3.0.0.3, please upgrade and let me know how it goes.

Comment

After about 1 hour the devices stopped updating. I fixed this issue in version 3.0.0.3, please upgrade and let me know how it goes.
                  So far so good with 3.0.0.3 fixed the error i was getting.

That's too bad on the device status not being part of the API that could be useful. I can understand why motion wouldn't be part of the api (since the stat probably doesn't event send that info up to the cloud), but it definitely sends device status there, so hopefully it will be added.

Comment

Any chance we could get support for using the Nest as an occupancy sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by frobnitz View Post
                      Any chance we could get support for using the Nest as an occupancy sensor?
                      the plugin creates a device that reports the Home/Away status.
                      but as the official Nest API does not expose any information from the motion sensors, this is the best I can do right now.

Comment

Originally posted by kesterf View Post
                        Spud,

I was looking foward to your nest plugin, but I guess I'm out of luck for now. I'm running my HS3 on a Hometroller Pro-S3 which runs Windows XP. I managed to get .Net 4.0 running on it. Unfortunately, the .net 4.5 installer blocks installation because of the operating system.

Forrest
                        I wasn't aware that .NET 4.5 couldn't be installed on Win XP. The plugin use some NET 4.5 libraries, I will have a look if it can be done another way using .NET 4 libraries only, but I would not hold my breath if I were you, and I would start upgrading to a win 7 system or newer.
                        Spud, Don't worry about the .NET 4 compatibility research. I moved my HS3 to Windows 7 Box tonight. Your Nest plugin is up and running. I'll let you know if I encounter any issues with it. Thanks!!

Comment

version 3.0.0.4

I just found an important bug introduced in version 3.0.0.3 that may have prevented you from completing the authorization process properly.

It's fixed in version 3.0.0.4, please upgrade.

Comment

Spud,

Could you please shed some light on this for me. No matter what I do I keep getting this message in the HS log.

"ERROR Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=REMOVED' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Willoughby View Post
                              Spud,

Could you please shed some light on this for me. No matter what I do I keep getting this message in the HS log.

"ERROR Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=REMOVED' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"

Thanks
                              check if you have a Newtonsoft.Json.dll in your HS3 root folder.
                              if you have one, it has probably been installed by another plugin and it's conflicting with the one installed by the Nest plugin in bin/Nest.

try to remove the one in the root folder.

Comment

Spud,

Thanks! That did the trick. As always thank you for great work and excellent plugins!

Comment

Working...
                                X